12

"OH my God!"

The angels from high up in the heavens and the devils down in hell are probably questioning why I'm currently silently screeching in my seat, squirming around like a burnt sausage — very attractive, I know. Any fangirl just like me I guarantee could probably relate to the state I am in, you know, the state where all you want to do is scream until the Goddess of Fortune hears you tearing your vocal cords apart and grants you whatever you want?

It's honestly not that complicated: just B-TEEZ releasing dates for their upcoming world tour... and how I might not even have enough money to go and see them. And how at times like this, I wish I should've went out of my way to secure myself a part-time job and save up. I bet a lot of people could relate with me and it's a tough life, huh?

Wooyoung, who had found a comfortable spot next to me lately, looks over my shoulder. Without even bothering to glance back at him, I could tell he was wearing his usual questioning look as he too scans the screen of my phone. My hands are shaking right now, the boy next to me is probably holding the urge to hold my hand steady or something by how much he's fidgeting.

He leans more to my side. "Can you stop your hand-tremor?" he whispers from the corners of his mouth.

"Sorry, I was just excited," I whisper-yell, my eyes now trained on the professor as I slide my phone across the table so Wooyoung could see. As he reads my phone, I rest my elbows on the table, letting my hands cradle my head, letting the feeling of overwhelm take over me.

My eyes carefully follows the professor to make sure he doesn't catch Wooyoung looking at my phone. I don't pay attention to what he's saying anyways, my head was spinning in the daydreams of finally meeting them in real life and I was making scenarios that I was sure was impossible to actually happen.

"Seonghwa hyung is gonna flip," I hear Wooyoung remarks from next to me, whistling lowly as he scrolls down through the comments on the post. "You know he's been saving up ever since that one time he lost his tickers to this thirteen year-old girl at the computer cafe from their showcase like, a year ago?"

"That's harsh," I say. I wasn't even in the fandom back then, but sure I've heard about them and their hype. I can imagine Seonghwa's facial expression, however, how he tries to look polite and kind to the thirteen year-old when inside, he's trying not to break down and cry.

This is some good material to tease him with later on.

"You like them too?" he asks after sliding the phone back and I place it in my back pocket, wanting for it to be as far from my sight as possible for the longer I look at it, the higher my hopes fly.

"How can I not?"

"Right, damn."

"Are you planning to go?" Wooyoung asks without turning to look at me.

I give him a slight shrug. "I don't know," I tell him, "if you ask if I want to, then hell yeah I do. But if it's possible? I don't know, I have other priorities to sort out."

"I just hope my parents give me extra Christmas money this year if I ever want the slightest chance," my fingers draw invisible shapes on the top of the wooden desk, sighing a little. "Otherwise, I'll probably not go."

After a small pause, I continue. "Funny how people say money doesn't bring you happiness when in reality, as much as you deny it, it does in a way, don't you think?"

"I suppose."

"So you're saying if you had the money and the chance, you're good to go, yeah?" he asks, in a tone as if double checking what I said.