Prologue

"I know you're never coming back," Tom said, sighing.
"Maybe I should just give up... the past week has been just... terrible without you." He finished, getting up and turning around. Behind him was a person who had been looking at him.
"It's not your fault." The person said, who was leaning on a tree and crossing their arms.
"What?" Tom asked, looking at the mysterious figure.
"It's not your fault." They repeated, walking closer to Tom. They looked up at Tom and hugged him.
"You should blame it on me." They finally said.

Tom looked down at the figure. His slender frame and the same horns; he couldn't believe it for a second.
"T-Tord...?" He muttered under his breath, barely hearing himself. He saw the news; it couldn't have been true. Tord had to have been dead, everyone knew it. The figure who was hugging him looked up slightly, their brown eyes gleaming in the rising sunlight. Tom automatically knew who it was and wrapped his arms around them, making sure that he would never escape from his grasp. Tears began to spill down his face as he hugged the man he believed to never see again. Tord Larsson wasn't dead.
"Hey, why don't we go back home..." Tom muttered, still embracing the younger Norwegian man in his arms. Tord sighed and continued to hug Tom tighter. Tom sighed and picked him up, walking out of the cemetery.

After the day Tord was found dead, Tom had been in shock. He tried to convince himself that a Tord was still alive out there, somewhere he had to be. But after months of looking, he gave up. Half a year had passed and he was completely broken. He loved him, he really did. All he wanted to do was to embrace the younger man in his arms again, for one last time. Even if he only got to see him one more time, he would sell his soul to a demon for that. And it turned out that Tord was finally alive and healthy. Tom tried his best not to break down crying when he saw him.

"I bet Edd and Matt will be happy to see you." Tom said softly, walking down a sidewalk. Tord didn't respond, and Tom turned his head to look at him. Tord had been sleeping peacefully in his arms. Tom smiled at the sight, and turned a corner towards their house.
[408 words]