Ch. 19

Tord had been noticing that Tom was acting slightly stranger than usual.

Of course, that could have just been how Tom acted like all the time. It was just his subtle motions and movements that made Tord feel a bit uncomfortable around Tom. Examples of this included how Tom would act much more cheerful in the morning, and laid back a lot of his sarcasm. He also seemed to be staying close to Tord, but in a way that made it seem like he hated Tord for some reason that Tord didn't understand. It was probably just Tords mine being a bit too active, but he suspected that something was wrong. It was just a feeling, though.

If Tord had learned anything in the past months he had been living with Edd, Matt, and Tom, it was that he had to trust his feelings or very bad things would happen. This was mostly from his experience and thought, but something about Tom just stood out to Tord way too much. It was not that Tom wasn't being himself, but it was more like he was being himself to such an extent that it looked like it was someone else trying to impersonate him. Tord and Tom had both known each other for years, so Tord recognized that Tom wasn't being himself. Edd and Matt also noticed as well, but they probably didn't want to point it out because of everything that had been happening recently.

To take in that other worldly figures were actual things would make someone's day into a completely miserable hell. Taking in too much information, especially information that said someone you had been loving was just fake, was too much for the human mind to handle at some times. Hell, many people would think that everything is fine while their life is slowly burning down to its last core.

Tord sat on the couch, patiently waiting for Edd and Matt to come back from their "outing", Edd called it, which both Tom and a Tord knew was a date. Edd was always a bad liar, but when Matt was involved, things could be seen extremely easily because of how dense he was. It was amazing how Edd even found affection for Matt because of how much Matt's IQ resembled a stone brick.  Tord ignored his thoughts and tried to distract himself by reaching for the remote and turning on the television, flipping channels until the television showed "The Cats". It was a very simple show, and it mostly just showed adults and children interacting with cats for thirty minutes. Still never got less entertaining, though.

Tord heard a door open behind him, and then slowly close. He already knew who it was and mentally chuckled to himself, pretending not to notice who was there. Then, he felt two warm hands clasped over his eyes, and then hears a voice. "Who do you think it is?" Tord noticed that Tom purposefully made his voice higher, probably trying to imitate Edd. It was actually a decent impression, but Tord knew better, and recognized Tom no matter what. "Hmm, I'm not sure. Who are you?" Tord playfully joked. Tom's hands stayed on Tords eyes, slightly opening a gap between his fingers so that Tord could barely see.

"Alright, Ill show you who I am." Tom toom his hands away from Tords eyes and leaned forward next to Tords face, proceeding to turn Tords face towards him and briefly kiss him on the lips. They both locked lips for a solid fifteen seconds which is probably not considered a brief kiss, while Tom maintained eye contact with Tord the entire time. Tom then let go of Tords face and pulled away. Tord looked flustered and turned his head away, covering his face in embarrassment. Tom leapt over the head of the couch and sat next to Tord and watched how Tord continued to cover his eyes, trying not to make eye contact with Tom.

"Aww, don't be shy." Tom said, gently grabbing onto Tords wrist and pulling it away from his beautiful face, watching him and then proceeding to wrap his arms around him. Tord felt like Tom was being too close for comfort, but he did know that he also needed that hug just as much as Tom did. It was true, Tord fell head over heals for that stupid Jehovah's Witness. It didn't matter though because they both loved each other equally, and both knew it. Playful insults and teasing didn't mean anything anymore to the both of them, as they never did in the first place. Tord sometimes wondered how Tom felt about him from the first time meeting him. It was always hard to express love to somebody, and Tord understood that.

At least they were together now.

It didn't have to matter if it was fake so far.