Ch. 1

[No POV]
Thomas jolted up on his bed, covered a pool of sweat that soaked through his shirt and onto his bed. He looked at the time that showed it was 9:30... he had missed his alarm. He got up and sighed, thinking about the pleasant dream he had last night. Just to think that Tord was actually alive would make him feel so happy. Tom put a random shirt and pair of pants on and opened his door, checking if Tord was actually in his room. He saw someone sleeping under the covers and pulled the covers down, revealing Edd curled up in a ball. What a disappointment. It looks like he didn't wake up either. Tom sighed and walked down the steps and into the living room, taking a piece of bread out and just eating it plain without any spread. He had a similar dream every night, but for some reason this one felt so realistic; almost like it actually happened. Tom rubbed his temples from stress and sighed.

"When will I get over him..." He muttered to himself, walking back up the stairs and to his room. He walked up to his desk and sat down, opened up his computer and scrolled though a couple of old photos, sighing and smiling. "I'll never get over him, will I?" He muttered to himself, chuckling and running his fingers through his hair. He browsed through his library of photos, looking at all the moments they had together. Both of them stayed friends, even if it looked like they had hated each other in the past. Even through high school, they were still close.

Tom sighed and shut the computer, laying back down on his bed. He smiled and wrapped his arms around his pillow, stacking two up to make it as tall as a human being. After that he buried his head into the center and sighed, a few tears escaping his eyes. He never regretted saying that he loved Tord. In fact, he still did. Tom loved him more then he even loved himself, and would do anything to protect him. But now he was dead, and there was nothing that Tom could do about it. He shut his eyes and let out a breathtaking sigh, as he drifted into the dream state.

Hello Thomas.

"What?"

I'd like to make a deal with you.

"Who are you?"

I am someone, yet no one.

"Okay, Cut the crap. Tell me what kind of deal."

It's about Tord.

"...Tord?"

You want him alive, don't you?

"How do you even know who he is?!"

You want him to be in love with you.

"What?"

You want to kiss him. Touch him. Fuck h-

"Okay okay I get it! Now tell me the deal!"

Twenty-three days...

"...Is this some type of horror movie shit?"

I'll let you re-start. You have twenty-three days to get him to not commit suicide.

"Yeah, like that's even possible."

It is. All you have to say is "I consent."

"...Bullshit."

If you don't believe it, just say it. And wake up.

"Wake up? I'm sleeping?"

Yes.

"Okay then, demon ghost freak."

Just say it.

"Why?"

Say it.

"...What's the catch?"

...Cleaver boy.

"Tell me."

It's simple. The catch is, if he commits suicide, you'll have to live the rest of your life knowing that you couldn't save him. That you even got a second chance to, but you failed. Even worse, you're body will be chained to me. And your soul will be mine to devour. You'll never get a chance to experience Heaven. You won't be free. Your soul wil, be mine to devour. And we'll be stuck together.

Forever and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever.

"What? This bullshit isn't real anyway!"

Just say "I consent", and the game will begin.

"Game?"

Say it.

"Okay okay! I consent!"

...

"What?"

3...

"What?!"

2...

"What's going on? Why is everything blurry?!"

1...

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

Let the games begin,

Thomas Ridgewell.
[681 words]