Ch. 16

Tick, tok

Tick, tok

Tick, tok

Tick, tok

Tick, tok

Tick, tok

Tick, tok

That same sound continued to echo inside of the small room that Tom was currently inside of, making him feel like he was being driven to the brink of insanity. All he ever heard was the repeated sounds of the clock inside of his room, reminding him that he was alone and how nothing else was going to appeal to him anymore. He continued to sit on his bed, aimlessly staring at the wall. There was absolutely nothing to do.

It was almost as if he were a character in a game that was assigned to finish a task or complete a job, but he didn't do it yet so the creator who gave him the task gave up on him so he had no purpose anymore. He would just sit there in complete silence, waiting for something to happen in his boring, completely dark world. Tom didn't really feel anything, though. He didn't feel any anger or anything after the events that had happened recently. He just felt very lonely, sitting on his bed with nothing else to do except for staring at a wall out of self pity. No other reasons at all.

Tom felt almost insane. It was like he was living in a separate universe but controlling his actions in the one he saw. It felt almost foreign to him, the home he was in. It didn't feel as warm as it used to when all he would do was lay on his bed and stare at his ceiling years ago in the warm summer evenings. The room he was in felt cold and unpleasant, just like the feeling of moving into a new apartment and not getting enough sleep because you're not used to the differences yet.

Edd and Matt were both out of the house buying groceries. Tom wasn't sure if Tord was still in the house, but he decided to check for some reason. He pulled on his slippers and slid off the bed, stepping outside of his room and walking down to where Tord slept. The house was so unusually quiet and empty that it made Tom feel unsafe. A shiver slowly crawled up his spine as he looked around in all directions before stopping and making sure that he was alone. Once Tom was outside of Tord's room, he knocked on the door three separate times.

There was no immediate reply, before the door unlocked and a half asleep Norwegian boy who was slumped over looked at Tom in the eyes and mumbled, "Why are you knocking, I was trying to sleep." The time was a quarter past eight, so he felt like Tord should have woken up already. Tom just blankly started at Tord for a moment before the words registered inside of his head. Tord looked slightly annoyed as he went back inside of his room, leaving the door open freely so Tom could enter his room if that was what Tom wanted to do. Tom took up on the offer, of course, and stepped inside of the room closing the door behind him.

"You know Edd and Matt went shopping." Tom said, looking around his old room and seeing how much it had all changed. Tord nodded and laid back down onto his bed, a sigh escaping his lips as he relaxed a bit more. It was much more peaceful in Tord's room, Tom thought to himself. It made Tom feel more at home in the environment he was in. He continued to look around the room, finding that the wardrobe was moved from next to the door to the right side corner of the room. The desk was in the middle, while the bed was now in the upper left corner. Tom wasn't sure why he immediately noticed that first. It didn't matter though anyway.

"You always come into my room for no reason at all." Tord childishly moaned, turning his head to face Tom who was sitting at his desk. Tom chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. "I guess that is just how I am. I annoy people around the clock." They both laughed for a couple moments before the silence came yet again, and with that, the tension. The room felt just a bit too warm, like when on a hot day the heater is on for some reason and it feels like it's warm, but too warm to be comfortable. They still continued to keep eye contact with one another.

"What now?" Tom asked, as Tord shrugged. Tom didn't really know why he was still in Tords room, but he felt much better there. He felt like he was safer in Tords room than in his own. How impressive, he remarked to himself. "Do you want to play a game?" Tord asked, as Tom shrugged his shoulders and nodded.

"What game do you want to play then?" Tom asked, as Tord smiled. Tord shrugged his shoulders and turned his head to the wall, looking like he was trying to conceal something. Then, Tord turned back around to look at Tom, who already looked nervous.

"Come, sit next to me." Tord patted an empty space next to him on the bed as Tom nodded and walked over to his side of the room, sitting down next to Tord and still maintaining eye contact with him.

"Uh... so you know how we're... like... together?" Tord mumbled, curling up into a ball while still sitting down. Tord felt his face turning red as Tom looked at him and nodded like nothing was wrong with what Tord had just said. Tord looked away and started cracking his knuckles, mumbling something but stopping and recollecting his words.

"Want do you want to say? I'm all ears." Tom said teasingly, poking Tord on his side. Tord moved away and opened his mouth to speak, but closed his mouth yet again afterwards. Tom laughed loudly and moved closer to him, watching his face flare up in color. Ford moved back once more, and found his back pressed to the wall. A nervous expression painted itself onto his face as Tom moved closer to the Norwegian once again.

"I mean, since we're a couple, it's— normal... to kiss each other, right?" Tord fumbled his words and paused to stutter for a second before looking back up at Tom, who's face was now slightly dusted with a light shade of pink as well. The smirk that was on Tom's face never left, though. It was taunting for Tord, who felt like he was being pressured.

"Yes. It is. Why?" Tom continued, moving closer to Tord, their faces now barely inches apart from one another while Tom was hovering over the other male. Tord's face immediately became completely red just from the sight of Tom hovering over him. His heart fluttered a couple of beats for a moment before mumbling under his breath, "B-Because I want to... kiss you?" Almost as if it were a question he was asking. A laugh escaped Tom's mouth as he smiled.

"Well then, so do I." As he leaned down, making both of their lips touch one another. Tord has never really kissed anyone before, so he was shocked. Tom wrapped both of his arms around the shorter male, both of them lasting inside of a heartfelt kiss for a few moments before pulling apart.

"T-That was..." Tord mumbled, wiping saliva from the side of his mouth. Tom chuckled and finished his sentence. "That was nice."