Ch. 18

Tord sat on the couch while watching "The Cats" alone. Ringo was on the kitchen counter, staring at the wall. Tord had always wondered why cats would just look at things sometimes, even though there was nothing actually there. Maybe there was some kind of thing that cats could see and humans couldn't, he thought to himself. Tord laughed at the thought, and continued to watch the television, when Tom came out of his room and sat next to Tord, wrapping his arms around Tords shoulder and smiling. Tord scoffed and continued watching, moving to the right to make more space for Tom to sit down.

"Ringo keeps staring at the wall and it's making me uncomfortable." Tord mumbled, continuing to watch the screen as a loud chuckle emanated from Tom's mouth. Tord briefly laughed and then directed his attention back at Ringo, who seemed to be completely enveloped in whatever he was looking at. It was almost scary; the way he just stared at one single spot on the wall. Cats would still be cats, though. That was probably all there was. Ringo was just being Ringo. Tom watched the grey kitten leap onto the floor and lick his paw, then stare at another part of the wall that was closer to the living room and near Tom. It made him slightly uncomfortable as well, but he brushed it off and continued to look at the television.

Outside, it was a bright, sunny day, that was relatively beautiful. It said in the news that rain was going to appear sooner or later, but there were no signs of rain quite yet.

"You know there is a myth that cats can see demons." Tom jokingly whispered into a Tords ear, as a shiver went up Tords spine. Tord nervously chuckled, expressing his uncomfortable feelings. Tom bring Tom just brushed it off and wrapped his other arm closer around Tord and sighed.

Tord felt comfortable in Tom's embrace as he leaned onto his chest and sighed. The day was going well so far as nothing bad had occurred yet. That was how a Tord thought of the day, at least. As long as nothing turned into something bad, the day could be considered "good".

Tom quickly swiped the remote from Tords side and changed channels to change the screening to "The Children". Tord sighed and felt frustrated, proceeding to attempt grabbing the remote back while Tom laughed and dangled the remote up in the air, not even needing to stand up as Tord tried to reach for it. Tord knew he was short, and it bothered him quite a lot. "Thomas, just give back the remote." Tord groaned, trying to quickly reach for it again as Tom pulled the remote back and smirked at him with an ego devouring grin. His hand was now behind Tom's body, and Tord huffed, reaching out for the remote again only to miss it and fall onto Toms chest. Tom playfully stuck his tongue out while still smiling, holding the remote back even further. Tord felt utterly annoyed as he stretched his back leg to help give him some momentum as he tried to claw at the remote Tom was dangling in his hand like a small kitten. A loud sigh emigrated from Tords mouth as he pouted and laid on Toms chest after giving up, trying to make Tom feel guilty. Tord looked up at Tom with a childish pout and Tom sighed, handing over the remote as Tord smiled and changed the channel back. The taller man grinned and ruffled Tords hair, making it messy as Tord sighed and couldn't even care anymore as he just ran his fingers through his hair and parted it back to normal, continuing to watch the television screen.

Ringo was now next to the couch, staring at Tord. He was staring mostly at the space in between Tom and Tord as if there was something there. Tom laughed and put Ringo on the couch, making sure himself and Tord were still sitting next to each other. "Sit next to Tord later. He's mine." Tom said to the cat, as Tord laughed loudly and continued to watch the episode. Tom smiled at how he made Tord laugh, and looked back at the cat, who leapt into Toms lap and sat there, also now watching the television screen. Tom chuckled and gently pet Ringo on the head, in response getting a soft purr emanate from the kittens mouth. Tord lofted Ringo out of Toms lap and into his own as Tom looked at Tord and inched closer to him. Tord and Ringo both looked some what identical in the way that they were both hunched over and watching the television screen, making Tom chuckle as Tord raised his eyebrows, clueless of what Tom was imagining.

"Just imagine if you had cat ears." Tom laughed, as Tord ignored him and continued watching the TV. Tom sat right next to Tord and pet him on the head, smiling as Tord noticeably relaxed to Toms touch. Tord then looked at Tom and playfully pushed Tom away from himself, Ringo proceeding to leap out of Tords lap and back onto the floor where he curled up and sat down on the carpet. "Thomas if I had cat ears or any other traits of a cat, I would be scratching you every single time I see you and blame it on instincts." Tord hissed, still resembling an actual cat in his tone of voice. Tom faded Tord directly and grinned, then pinned Tord down to the couch in one swift motion, leaving Tord extremely surprised. Tord looked confused and tried to pry his wrists from Toms grasp, looking around almost frantically, but then relaxing. Tord knew Tom wouldn't hurt him.

"You know, that would be kinky."

"THOMAS SHUT UP!"

Tom laughed once more and released both of Tords wrists as Tord rubbed his hands and sighed, Thomas still hovering above him and smiling. Ringo was still watching and staring mostly at Tom. "Cockblocker..." Tom growled, getting off of Tord and crouching on the floor. "Why are you staring at us?" Tom asked, as Ringo proceeded to lick his paw and then looked scared. Ringo leapt away and went to the kitchen, sitting in the corner and immediately taking a nap on the floor.

"Why do you think Ringo keeps staring at you?" Tord asked, as Tom shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know. I-"

Tom stopped mid-sentence and for a moment, it looked like his skin turned completely white, and then just immediately back to normal. Tord started to panic for a moment, and then assumed it was a hallucination. "Tom?" Tom stayed still for a second, and then twitched. Tord looked scared, almost feeling the movement in his legs withering away. Tom then looked back at Tord and smiled.

"Everything is fine. I just zoned out. That's all."