Ch. 21

[Sorry for not updating a lot. It's because something had happened to my family during the Corona Virus outbreak. I'm sorry this chapter is so short.]

Tord laid back as he felt Tom's warm embrace behind him. The two were reading a book together while Tord laid on Tom's chest. Whenever they finished a page, the two of them would put a thumbs-up and wait for the other to put a thumbs up as well so they would turn the page together.

Although the two had similar reading paces, Tord remembered most details more accurately while Tom forgot a lot of important facts easily. There was almost nothing for the two of them to do because they couldn't go outside since the weather was too hot during the summer time.

At least, Tord didn't want to go outside.

It was quite peaceful being inside as well, though. It was calm, and quiet.

"MATT I TOLD YOU TO TAKE THE FORK IUT OF THE TOASTER! YOU'RE GOING TO KILL YOURSELF!"

Well.... it was mostly quiet and peaceful, at least.

"EDD! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I WANT MY TOAST!"

"WELL YOU'RE GONNA KILL YOURSELF IN THE PROCESS!"

Okay... it was pretty loud in the household. Tord covered his ears and sighed. The noise wasn't going to go away for a long time. Tord wondered how much Edd and Matt fought over stupid things like toast or bread.

It was funny, though. Edd and Matt's relationship has changed a lot over the years. For a while the two actually didn't get along very well, until one time they bumped into each other at the movie theaters. After that, the two started talking expand opening up to each other much more often.

It's funny, isn't it. Tord and Tom were just the same way during their high school years. They despised each other, but ended coming right back to each other just like they started. Their relationship has changed just like Edd and Matt. It's like everyone in the household is connected some how.

Tord pointed flipped the page once Tom was done reading, as he felt Tom reading the book over his shoulder. For some reason, Tord didn't feel like he was in his own world anymore. It was like something had changed, but he wasn't sure what. There was an invisible string that was pulling him towards something, but he wasn't sure what it was. Maybe Tord was just being paranoid, but something in his gut told him that there was something up.

Something wrong.

Something that wasn't apart of his own world.

For some reason, he forgot everything that happened yesterday. All he remembered was how he woke up, and nothing else.

It was confusing him more and more, as he slowly zoned out of his own world and fell back into his head. He saw darkness consume his vision as he was being brought to a world where he has been before. A world that resembled his, but was not all the same.

His vision was clouded with darkness, but there was a presence with him that he could not see.

Hello, it called out to him.

Can you hear me, it asked again.

Tord nodded and tried to look around him, trying to see if there was anything there. All he could see was pitch darkness.

Look around, the voice told him. Tord looked around the room he was in and continued to see absolutely nothing. The voice was loud and clear to him, sounding like something he has heard before. Tord wasn't sure what though, or where the voice was from. It just sounded... familiar.

Tord tried to yell out something, but he couldn't.

He felt like he was being drowned.

Drowned out by his own thoughts.

And suddenly, he saw it.

There was a version of him standing in front of himself.

Only this time, that version of him was staring back at Tord with greedy, evil, selfish eyes. They resembled the eyes of a demon wanting something from him. They resembled the eyes of...

Tord couldn't pinpoint it.

Everything was confusing him.

Tord felt alone.

Helpless.

And all of a sudden, he snapped back into reality. Tom was there, still reading the book and saying something to Tord. Tord only nodded, incapable of knowing what Tom had said to him. He couldn't head a thing, and could barely make out what Tom had said. It was something about....

Tord didn't know.

It was like Tord's world was slowly fading into the darkness.

Everything he had known.

Everything he had loved.

Everything that made him.

It was all leaving.