Ch. 10

Tom sat down on his bed, wondering what to do. He had finished almost everything he had intended to so far. Everyone was satisfied, Tord was safe, and nothing was wrong. Something just felt off to him. He didn't know why, but he felt like there was something incredibly wrong that he couldn't pinpoint.

Just like the other days, he tried to brush it off and go to sleep. It was already 11:39 p.m, but he still couldn't sleep. He just felt like there was something he didn't do өЯ ҋөꚌЇҪЄ, but he couldn't pinpoint what it was exactly. There were just too many things that were happening for him to realize.

He hadn't been keeping track of how many days had passed from his first. He decided to get up and check. He had started the game on May 24th and it was June 2nd. Nine days had passed already and he didn't even notice, which meant there was 14 days left.

But then he remembered something he forgot to pick up on during the beginning of the game.

Tord could still commit suicide after the game was over; he was just playing the stupid thing so that he himself didn't die. He had completely forgotten about the rules for such a long time that he had been blinded by his own work. So many thoughts were coursing through his head that he felt like he wanted to die.

But he didn't.

He had to remember why he was playing the game in the first place.

It was for Tord.

Right?

He sighed to himself and walked back to his bed, flopping onto it lifelessly and sinking his head into his pillow. If he wanted to finish the game, he had to out genuine effort into it instead of sitting in his room for four days and doing absolutely nothing. As long as he prevented his ꙆөѴЄ from committing suicide, he would be fine. Everything would just have to follow his plan. It was that simple.

But another aching feeling started arising inside of him. That day when Tord freaked out was completely out of character for him. If it was actually him doing that, then that would mean he got amnesia or something. It wasn't a split personality disorder because Tord never even had signs of it up until now.

It had to be something wrong with the game.

All of this occurred to Tom while he was laying on his bed.

But if it was really the game, then what would have caused this?

There were abiut one million possibilities that could have triggered that distinction in Tord's personality. For all he knew, he could be in a parallel universe and now with the same people he once knew. No, that was impossible. But traveling back in time was supposed to be impossible too, and that happened.

He felt like he was going to get a headache form thinking so much about things that should have been incomprehensible for humans to learn about. Tord would never act that way, and if he didn't know why he acted that way it could destroy the game and his chances of beating it.

He was beating it for Tords sake. He had to remember that.

If Tord was in danger he needed to know why.

There had to be a reason.

And then he thought of the answer. The answer that he had been ignoring for the entire time; the answer that had been lying out for him to find but he just pushed away because he was so desperate for another answer that Tord could have been alive. It was the one answer he knew all along for the whole game but decided to ignore because he couldn't handle knowing it was true.

It was the one answer that made sense.

It was the one answer that was actually true.

Tom tried to push it away once again like he always did and tried to avoid the inevitable from actually being a reality. Tord might have just been upset and just have been panicking. That was a reliable option, right?

It couldn't be the other option; it couldn't have been. He had to try to think of something else; the other option couldn't have been real, right?

Regret slowly entered into Thomas's head as he realized everything that he had been doing.

The games, the fun, the playfulness was all...just...

Tears started to roll down his face as he wiped them with the sleeve of his hoodie. More tears trickled down his face and landed on the floor, creating drips of sadness that enveloped his whole mind. Everything that he had been told; everything that he believed for so long...

He finally came face to face with the option he chose to ignore for so long.

The option that stared him in the face for days but he chose to push aside and continue his fake quest for destiny. The one thing that could have out an end to this for so long.

But nothing could have put an end to it, he remembered. Even so, he chose to ignore it.

The one thing that he chose to ignore.

That thing wasn't Tord.

That thing wasn't human.

That thing was the in thing that he had depended on. And it was all a lie just to drown him in sadness and depression. The one thing that had been telling him that it could fix everything.

It was the one demon that Tom had been facing.

It was all fake.

It was all a lie for both of them.

He needed to find a way to break the barrier that separated him from his real love, but the problem was he didn't know how. He couldn't do it alone, no matter how badly he could try.

And the other bland truth started to approach Tom as well at that very moment.

He would never get to see Tord ever again, would he?

Not if he kept everything line this.

End of chapter.

They sat there on their bed, stressfully looking down at the words on the white background. As they read everything over again, the person sighed and deleted everything so all the words were gone and transformed once again just into a white background. Stress slowly entered into their head as they looked around the room. All they saw were blank, empty canvases that were supposed to be filled up but weren't. Trying to keep on focus, they sighed and started typing once again. Typing, until they were finished with what they started.

They were not done though; that was only the start for what was supposed to be much more. They just did not want to disappoint everyone. Even if they had to sacrifice-