Ch. 5

Day three: The game c̸o̸n̸t̸i̸n̸u̸e̸s̸

The sound of screams echoed through the living room, forcing Tom to wake up. Screams, but not regular "Help me" screams. Screams coming from one of the stupidest people on the planet.

"EDD I GOT THE FORK STUCK IN THE TOASTER AGAIN!"

"HOW DID YOU DO THAT?! I JUST GOT IT OUT!"

Tom flopped over again on his bed and shoved his head under his pillow, faint screams still being heard from the kitchen. The house was once again flooded with life. Everyone was genuinely, happy.

"EDD WHY IS THE TOASTER ON FIRE!"

He just wished they could be happy quietly. He just hoped for one moment of peace. Then, the sound of light knocking came from his door, which redirected his attention. It wasn't from Edd or Matt; they were still screaming about the toaster and fork. That meant...

Tom quickly got up and opened the door, the short Norwegian standing on the other side of it. Tord was still wearing his classic red hoodie and black heads like usual.

"Tom, can I stay in your room for a bit? My room is downstairs right next to the loud-" Tom quickly pulled Tord into the room and closed the door behind him, coughing from the smell of light smoke entering his room.

"What the hell is happening down there?" Tom asked after his coughing spasm. Tord sighed and put his hand to his chin like he was thinking, his head eventually turning up blank.

"I think they're fighting over a toaster." Tord concluded, as Tom mentally and physically facepalmed. Tord gave a light chuckle and sat on Tom's bed, his eyes tracing around the room. It slowly looked at Tom's desk, his floor, the walls, the ceiling, and eventually making it to Tom's calendar.

"The...game?" Tord muttered, as Tom looked back at him. He realized Tord noticed the poster.

"Oh, that's just for something I started playing. I only have 23 days or so to complete it, or something like that." Tom said smoothly. In his head, he didn't think he was lying too much. He told Tord what he was doing. It was what Tom was doing anyway. Just playing a game.

Just playing a game.

It was just a game.

"Weird. I'd never expect you as the video game type." Tord muttered under his breath, as Tom elbowed him in the ribs gently to not cause any bruising.

"Well, it's true. The only thing you would usually do is drink all night, wake up in the morning with a hangover and a stomach ache, and because your stomach hurts too much all you eat is toast to get the pain to go away. After that all you do is sit on the couch, watching 'The children', or 'The Cats'." Tom chuckled and looked back at Tord

"I can't really argue with that can I." Tom replied, directing his focus again back to the door. Wait... did Matt say the toaster was on fire?

"Wait one second." Tom got off the bed and walked over to the door, turning the doorknob and swinging the door open. Well, at least the kitchen didn't burn down. The toaster was only a couple burns pieces of metal and ashes on the floor now, though. Edd and Matt were still panicking.

"Ahh, never mind." Tom muttered, closing the door behind him with a swift push and walking back to the bed. They both sat there for a bit, trying to awkwardly start conversations with each other once in a while, before just going back silent. Tom felt uncomfortable.

"So..." Tom muttered, crossing his legs and leaning back.

"Whaddaya wanna do?" He asked, his British accent thickening a bit in his sentence. Tord looked around, before nodding to the computer on Tom's desk. Tom smiled, and walked over to the computer. He pressed a button to turn it on, sitting down on a office chair as Tord brought one over.

The computer buffered, but turned on.... showing the last entry and search Tom had in his computer.

"PFTTTTTT- HAHAHAHA!" Tord immediately collapsed onto the floor in bursts of laughter. Tom grumbled, exiting out of the tabs and searching up games that he could play.

"Shut up." Tom muttered, scrolling down a list.

"I didn't know that you were also gay!" Tord said loudly, as Tom quickly shoved his hand over his mouth to make sure Edd and Matt didn't hear from downstairs.

"I mean, come on! You watching something like that?!" Tom continued angrily scrolling on his computer, finally coming across a game he heard of before.

"Shut up. Now, can't we just play something already?" Tom mumbled as Tord staggered to his feet slowly.

"What's it called?" Tord asked, as Tom smiled.

"Undertale."

Tord blankly started at Tom for a couple of seconds.

"Huh?" Tord asked, scratching the back of his head. Tom sighed and facepalmed again.

"You're kidding me. You haven't heard of this game before?" Tom asked, as Tord shook his head. Tom pulled Tord's wrist and dragged him into the seat, downloading the game onto his computer.

"Trust me, you'll like it."

[??? POV]

There are different routes in life.

You are either kind, or unkind.

Selfish, or Selfless.

Evil, or a Pacifist.

You can pick.

Or I might pick for you.

I am someone who has existed long ago.

One who has been stuck between three opposing sides.

Should I pick kindness?

Should I pick being carefree?

Or should I pick justice?

One may never know when torn like this.

Between three different sides.

Between three different colors.