Ch. 3

Day one continued: The game begins.

It was around 12:32 in the afternoon. Edd had gone down to the grocery store to pick up some ingredients for a type of pasta he was making, Matt was in his room doing some kind of demonic ritual about him and a mirror, and Tord was in his room sleeping peacefully. None of them had any knowledge about anything Tom knew. As long as Tom was able to keep his secret to himself, nobody else would be hurt. He wanted to avoid that painful feeling this time, and this time he was going to succeed.

Humans were a very strong type of creature. They had found a way to conquer the seas, the land, and almost every part of the whole earth. They were a very proud people, able to conquer and take many things. Inventions such as electronics and others were able to revolutionize the world. They had conquered a lot of things. This time, Thomas Ridgewell would be the first human to conquer death. He would find a way to avoid the inevitable. Even if it wasn't his own death, he found a way to revive a friend. That was the one thing humanity wasn't able to do, until now, although with the help of a inhuman creature.

"23 days is my limit, huh?" Tom muttered to himself, fiddling with his fingers. He always had a tendency to do things like that when he was nervous, and especially in a situation where he almost had no information. It was a habit of his.

"But even if I keep Tord alive for that amount of time, he might always just commit suicide after the time period. The only reason the limit is 23 days is because in that time, that stupid demon has the chance to devour my soul like some Black Butler type shit..." He continued to mutter, putting his hands on his bed and clenching the sheets in his hand tightly. 'God sake Thomas, stop thinking about anime right now...'
Tom started to remember some of the bad memories he had with Tor din the past, and a rotten feeling started to seep through his veins, making his stomach feel uneasy. The feeling he would fail for the second time, and lose his love again. He remembered all of the grief him and his friends both went through, and how everything was so terrible, yet so peaceful. Peaceful in the most rotten form though.

Like everything was too quiet.

Too painful.

And on that day where he saw his former best friend in a casket. It was like he was sleeping so peacefully, just going to wake up later. Even if Tom tried to convince himself Tord wasn't dead, he knew in the back of his mind Tord was gonna. Forever. And he was never going to see that precious smile on his beloved's face ever again.

Until now.

He had a chance.

He was able to overcome death.

He had no more room for mistake anymore.

He had to finish what he had started.

If he didn't, he would feel all of the pain he felt at the beginning.

All over again.

"Tom! Matt! Tord!" Edd called from the doorway, holding two bags, both filled with a whole assortment of different foods inside. Matt was the first to come down, still holding a mirror in his left hand, his hand being stuffed in his hoodie pocket. He started helping Edd unload the groceries as Tom walked out of his room, shutting the door behind him and walking downstairs. Tord was still probably in his room, but Tom didn't want to wake him. He was probably still sleeping.

[??? POV]

I remember

I remember the past

I didn't forget what already happened

I know he wants to make it right

But with everything I remember

I don't know

If he can

He doesn't know what I know

He can't help Him