Ch. 13

No matter what he did, Tom couldn't stop thinking about what had happened last afternoon. Things just went to quickly that he wasn't even sure if it was a reality for him. Either way, he was happy.Tom was happy that he finally finished what he needed, but Tom still felt a kind of void inside of him that needed to be filled. He thought that it would be filled once he beat the game and got Tord back, but for some reason the void still existed; the empty space inside of him growing ever slightly larger as the days went by.

Even though the void still existed, Tom didn't let it bring him down. He had a new relationship he needed to care for, and he also needed to make sure that demon was gone forever. Of course, he probably was so Tom shouldn't worry too much on that part. He just wanted to make sure Tord was happy.

A silent trigger in his head told him that it was six in the morning. Tom groaned and got out of bed, changing into his everyday attire and heading into the kitchen, sitting down at a chair and putting his head on the table, wrapping his arms around his head and sighing. Edd was already at the stove making breakfast.

"Good morning Tom!" Edd happily cheered, flipping the pancake and letting it sit on the stove. Tom nodded and kept his head on the table. Edd sighed and flicked him on the head to get his attention. Tom sat up and stared at Edd with an annoyed expression plastered onto his face. "Do you act like this every morning?" There was no reply from Tom; only more staring. Edd sighed and continued making breakfast, already knowing exactly what everyone wanted. It was simple enough. Everyone got the exact same thing everyday anyway.

Tord walked behind Tom and hugged him from behind. Although it was startling, Tom didn't mind and already knew who hugged him just from the touch. Tom saw out of the corner of his eye Edd smiling at them while making their food. It somehow reminded Tom how Edd had betrayed him in the past universe. He tried to shake the thoughts out of his head but the voice kept coming back. Even if he prevented something from happening in the last universe, it was always there; waiting for him to make a wrong move and mess up the new universe he was in currently.

"Morning Jehovah." Tord said sarcastically, sitting next to Tom. Tom sighed and mumbled, "Morning commie." Under his breath. A chuckle came from Tord's mouth as he laid back in his seat. Even if things that happened in the last universe always had some sort of imprint, Tom was more than happy with where he was now. He didn't need to worry about anything because everything he's ever wanted was there with him. Even if he had to try twice, the second time still worked. That was the most important thing to Tom. He still had all of his friends, and now he had Tord. There were no major changes. There were no casualties. Even if he always had to reassure himself that everything was going to turn out okay, he was still genuinely happy with his result.

There was absolutely no way things could go wrong.

He was sure of it.

He knew that everything would be okay.

He wanted to have a happy ending.

He needed to have a happy ending.

"Tom?"

Tom turned toward the noise and saw Edd. He didn't realize that he'd been spacing out for a couple of minutes. Tord was looking at him a bit strangely but continued with that he was doing. "Yeah?" Tom replied back. Edd looked at him and sighed, chuckling. "I asked you if you wanted eggs with your breakfast." Tom nodded and Edd went back to cooking.

"I wonder where Matt is by now." Tord said, his voice a bit hoarse from activities he had been doing the previous night. Tom nodded and looked at the door to Matt's room. It remained closed, but knowing Matt he was probably just admiring himself in the bathroom mirror and forgot about breakfast entirely. Tom's friends might have been slightly strange, but it was in a good way. Everyone had their flaws even if they didn't acknowledge it, Matt in particular, but either way they were still his friends and he needed them, just like they needed him.

Edd put the breakfast on the table and the group began to eat. Matt was still not there. It started getting a bit strange because Matt was usually the first or second one to be at the table. He was always there before Tom, which made him feel unsafe somehow. He tried to ignore the feeling, but the last time he ignored a feeling it was important.

He didn't want to acknowledge it because it always made Tom feel uneasy when he felt things like that. The feeling of being consumed by fear made him feel weak. It was always revolving around being weak for some reason.

That didn't matter.

He just had to finish his daily tasks.

All he needed was himself and Tord for now.

He can focus on other things later.

Everything would turn out to be just fine.

But the feeling cams back, devouring Tom's mind quicker than it did before. Too many thoughts spiraled inside of his head at once, leeching onto his previous memories and draining them. He felt like he was slowly becoming weak to his own brain, but continuously tried to push it aside. Battling yourself could only turn out in two ways. You either win, or win. It was a perfectly fine situation. He didn't need to worry.

He didn't know anything, though. That was what scared him. He just did not want to...

Loose the game he was playing.

The game...

Was not over just yet, was it?