Ch. 11

Laughter was heard echoing through the thin walls of the house. Laughter was being resonated from the living room and being heard all throughout the house. The painful sound that had once made him so happy was now just a blank shell inside of Tom's own mind. He heard the fake laughter echoing out of the demon he once loved and cared for; the demon he thought he fell in love with; the demon that he once cared for with his life. That demonic entity was the one thing that kept him going, even if he knew what it's intentions really were. Even from all the pain, he still pushed forward in his void of hope; still wondering every day if the person he once knew and loved would come back.

After ten whole days he finally came to his conclusion of the one thing he continuously tried to push out of his head. The thought that had been following him for so long, but he ignored because he thought things could actually change... but change wasn't going to happen.

If he had known what was the actual outcome of the game he had stupidly entered, he wouldn't have even considered it. His love that he tried to gain back was now trapped inside of himself; trapped inside of the shell he had once been; trapped inside of fake words and real pain with never ending suffering. He could only blankly watch as his actions were controlled for him and his words were easily faked just like an actor in a movie. Tord was stuck inside of an endless loop of waking up and suffering; every single day.

Tom didn't want to play the game anymore. He wanted to get out of the contract so badly...but if he did Tord couldn't come with him and he knew that. If there was one way he could reverse everything and just finish the game, he would.

He tried to think of any possibility that Tord could be safe with him; anything that would help both of them live peacefully together, but the more he thought about it, the more he thought about how much pain Tord must have been in; so desperately trying to escape but all of his actions not doing anything at all; being meaningless inside of his own head slowly driving himself insane.

Everything to him was just a fake world he had to live in.

And it was all because of...

A thought occurred inside of his head.

The thing that had started the game was a demon, right?

He ran to his computer and in a flash, he typed onto it the moment it turned on, "How to make holy water." He felt a tad bit stupid, but he was almost sure something like that would work. He needed some form of hope at least that could bring his lover back from his grave that Tom dug for him. He quickly scrolled down a few pages and found a link to a website that would teach him. As he scrolled down, he read he needed some form of salt.

Tom quickly got up and ran down the stairs, tripping on one of the stairs and almost flying all the way down. He got up at the bottom and sprinted into the living room, stopping himself at the couch and taking a couple of breaths before speaking. He was in a rush to finally get his real love back; he needed to.

"EDD! DO YOU HAVE KOSHER SALT?!" He screamed loudly, as Tord, Edd, and Matt looked all confused. He took one look at Tord and angrily grunted, staring at Edd in the eyes while Edd moved over to the remote and paused the show they were watching. Tom looked furious and ran into the kitchen, opening all the cupboards and desperately rummaging around until he found a bag of salt. He grabbed the bag and tore it open, yanking open another cupboard and grabbing a small bowl. He poured the salt into the bowl, spilling salt onto the counter and floor in the process but he couldn't care less at that moment. In a rush, he grabbed the bowl and ran back up to his room, carefully making sure not to spill any. He knew he forgot to put the salt back and close the cupboards, but he didn't care.

"Jehovahs Witness really wants his salt, eh?" Tom heard "Tord" sarcastically remark before he slammed the door to his room. He heard Edd and Matt laugh as he sighed and put the bowl of salt onto the floor. He yanked his computer off the desk and onto the floor, making sure he can finish the whole process that day. Tom read off the website and sighed, chanting his words.