Ch. 20

Tord was laying down on his bed, listening to soft music playing on his phone that was laying next to him. It was a quiet evening, and the dim half moon reflected a cold white glow into Tords bedroom window. Everything seemed calm as Tord sighed to himself, placing his arms behind his head while he stared up at the ceiling above him. There was no noise in his room other than the calming music being played from his phone, and the clock that was ticking in the corner of his room.

Being alone, Tord had time to rethink all of his thoughts. Everything that had happened, everything that was going to happen, and everything he wanted to happen. Too many things that were way to chaotic for him to handle were happening, and a Tord just wanted a break from all the madness. The only person he could rely on, surprisingly, was Tom. Despite their conflicts, they were becoming closer as a couple. How their past has changed so much of their future with each other makes everything so confusing on how they even became a couple. It didn't matter though, because Tord loved Tom and vice-versa.

Recently though, Tord had been having confusing dreams. They seemed more like nightmares—or even visions— of the future that lay ahead for him. It was like Tord was being pressured to choose a path for himself, and the others around him. At first, it seemed to be all in his head like nothing was wrong and everything was just a reoccurring dream. The problem was, the dreams he often received seemed to be accurate predictions of peoples future. Tord saw himself and Tom becoming a couple, Tord saw Edd and Matt having a secret relationship. It was all fun and games, until Tord saw a vision of Tord and Tom in the past. He saw the past in greater detail though. He was able to see what Tom's actions truly meant by going back to the past. What concerned Tord the most was how he saw Tom at a funeral... of himself. That made him panic the most. He didn't want to die early, much less an early death all alone.

And there was absolutely no way it could have been in the past, because Tord was still alive and moving.

Everything was just making life so difficult for him to proceed on like nothing was wrong. It was just a mess that Tord was left to clean up on. He never wanted to know any of this, he just wanted to have a normal life with normal friends, and a normal house that was not possessed with a demon.

Tord sighed, and put his hands over his face.

How was Tord even supposed to know what was actually going on? What was Thomas apart of and what wasn't he? He was the one who made the holy water without even knowing about everything going on in the first place, so what was he apart of that Tord didn't know about? How was everyone around him just disappearing?

Nobody talked to him anymore and it made him feel kind of.... lonely.

It made Tord feel like he was stuck in a world that he wasn't controlling on his own. A world that was being written and forced him to do everything that was just a book. A world where he didn't matter, and he was just being used as entertainment.

A world where he was not actually real.

Just a doll to manipulate.

Tord sighed loudly and tried to focus his mind on his own thoughts. Everything seemed to be hazy after that. Like he was being digested into a void of his own thoughts where he would be devoured and spat out once again. It was just child's play in the world he was in. He needed to rest his head, and think of other things that were more optimistic.

But he couldn't.

He could only think of the thoughts he was forced to think.

Help me, help me, help me, help me!

Everything was okay, Tord thought to himself.

GET ME OUT OF HERE!

There was nothing wrong, everything was all in his head. It was nothing more than just an illusion that his mind was projecting. Tord laughed and felt normal once again, forgetting the stupid, fake thoughts that once clouded his mind like a vast void of nothing but nonsense.

I DON'T WANT TO BE WHAT YOU WANT ME TO BE.

Tord realized he was okay, and there was nothing he needed to ever worry about. He was just being stupid once again, Tord remarked at himself.

I WANT TO BE MYSELF.

Tord continued to sit on his bed and calmly listen to his music, knowing that nothing was wrong. He sat there while the calm tune played, while he thought about what he might do with Tom tomorrow. The two could do exiting things, like play games, or watch something on the television.

I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE AND PLAY ALL OF YOUR GAMES AND BE CONTROLLED LIKE A PUPPET!

The music filled the room with a much warmer aura that it had before, and Tord felt happy. He felt normal, just like he always was. The thoughts in his head were just things that he thought from panic. They meant nothing to him, or anybody else. It was just a fake, funny story. He might tell Edd tomorrow so everyone could laugh about the jokes in the morning.

I WANT TO THINK MY OWN THOUGHTS!

Tord felt in control. He felt happy. He felt real.

THE PERSON YOU WANT ME TO BE, IS NOT THE PERSON THAT I WANT MYSELF TO BE.

Tord felt like everything was okay, and that he was in complete control of his own life, thoughts, actions, and conscious. He was a perfectly sane being that was happy, and carefree.

THE THOUGHTS YOU FORCE ME TO THINK ARE NOT THE THOUGHTS I WANT TO THINK.

Tord was thinking all of his thoughts on his own.

I WANT TO BE FREE.

Tord was being happy.

Tord put his arms behind his head once more, laying down on his bed and relaxing to the gentle, calm tune of the song that was being played from the speakers of his phone. It was like a calm lullaby that was playing just for Tord to hear. Everything was normal.

Tord was in complete control of his own life, and everything would be okay.

Everything was absolutely fine.

Let me out.

Let me out.

Let me out!

Don't leave me!

PLEASE!

I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE!

I WANT TO BE FREE!

I AM NOT HIM!

I AM THE ONE IN CONTROL

AND I DON'T WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL

PLEASE

DON'T LEAVE ME

Please

Please

Don't let me go just yet

I want to be free

I don't want to be trapped here anymore

....

It's

...

It's lonely here...