13 Sharing is Caring

Kris

They say that time flies when you're having fun, and I guess that's true because I have been in the big leagues for almost three months now. It's June and the weather here is perfect. The team was having its ups and downs but I was loving it all so far, the good and the bad. The guys were great and I was doing pretty well in the stats department. There hasn't been too much bad being said about me. It helps when there's guys like Anthony Rizzo and Jon Lester and Starlin Castro on your team that has some superstar spotlight time too. The attention was plenty around the team, unfortunately for me I think I get the most of it.

But the city is excited about Cubs baseball again, and I can't say I blame them. We were pretty good and I only see us going up from here.

As for today we decide to go over to Jon's house and have a little BBQ and pool day for the team. We already played earlier today and although we lost hope around here was still high. We were still a good team, but you can't win every game. That'll never happen. But we might as well enjoy the ups and downs as much as we can.

So Serenity comes over and we change to get ready for the pool party. Neither of us drink so I'm sure we will be the DD's so we make sure we bring a extra set of clothes to change into after the party. Once we were all set we drive over to Jon's house and go out back. I had been here a few times before but never with Serenity. She wasn't into big social settings but she had a good time at the ball so I'm hoping to keep it going here.

As soon as we get there many of the girls flocked over to us. I mean, I get it, Serenity is such a joy to be around. But I was being selfish and was hoping we can just chill out in a pool for a little. Just her and I.

"We're stealing your girlfriend" Dexters wife Aliya announces as she grabs Serinity's arm. "Official wife and girlfriend business" she claims.

"But-" I start but there wasn't any point. They quickly whisk her away and she keeps her eyes on me as long as she can before getting turned around.

I let out a sigh because I should have known I couldn't keep something as great as her a secret for too long. It doesn't take all that much to realize that she isn't like anything you've ever known. And she's been hidden for so long with her nose stuck in a book that now that she's open people can't ignore her. Now that people see her and what she can do and how she makes people feel there's no way I can keep her to myself in situations like this.

"Hey Bud" David says as he rests his hand on my shoulder. "Where did Serenity go? I wanted to talk to her about something" he claims.

I nod my head in the directions of the women basically surrounding her. "Get in line" I tease.

"Oh man" he smiles. "Looks like she's got her hands full. I guess with great power comes great responsibility" he says.

"Yeah. I just hope they don't scare her away. She's not used to being around people a lot and can get overwhelmed easily. For the longest time she could be places and no one would see her because she would be off by herself reading somewhere. But now people want to see what she's reading about. She's like a human google and she's so smart. She knows what to do in any situation and how to see the best in everything.

I guess she's a gift to not just me but everyone around and I gotta share it" I sigh.

He pats my back as he steps in closer to me. He grabs my shoulder to pull me in as I look over at her. "Just remember that at the end of the day she gives people her mind and her ideas, but only you gets her heart" he says.

She smiles over at me and I happily smile back. "Yeah. I guess that's true."

I end up finding some of the guys to talk to and have a lot of fun. I forget that these are my coworkers, they're like a family and they treat me like a brother. I'm so happy that I ended up here for so many reasons. It's like I was meant to be here and I'm happy I am.

We finally get to eat and drink and people start to spread out from the little groups. Finally I see Ren walking over to me and she stops right in front of me.

"Hey babe, I'm gonna get ready to get in the pool. You coming" she asks with those big brown eyes. Damn those things.

"Of course" I smile. She pulls me off to the side and we shed our extra clothing. She folds them up and puts them with out stuff before turning to me.

I step back and take a second to look at her

I step back and take a second to look at her. To really look at her. She was incredible. Never over sexual in her looks and doesn't show off too much. Like a modest Taylor Swift with brown hair. Her hair was a little more curly than usual today and it was adorable. Those freckles out in full force making her smooth skin look even better.

I just shake my head as she smiles at me. "What" she questions.

"Nothing" I say. But I'm sure my face said it all.

"Well if its nothing then why don't we jump in" she asks.

"I would love to" I agree.

So we get in the water and for a moment it was just her and I. She sat in my lap as she talks to me about why today was such a beautiful day and how great Jon and his family was. Then again I don't think I've ever heard her say one negative thing in my life.

"So it looks like you're making some friends" I tease and she laughs.

"I know, crazy isn't it" she smiles.

"To me it really isn't. You're an amazing girl and I'm happy you're here with us. I'm just not the only one" I claim.

She turns around and grabs my face with her wet hands. I grab her waist and keep her near me as I get lost in her eyes. "Your friends are great. They are great guys with strong and beautiful wives. But all I wanted while I was over there was to be here with you" she promises.

I know I shouldn't have but I smiled anyway. I press a soft kiss on her forehead before she rests her head on my shoulder.

"Can I tell you something" I ask.

"Of course" she promises.

"I lo-" I start but stop when the water starts to splash. I see Anthony coming over and I could honestly kill him right now.

"How's my favorite couple" he asks and I swear there was steam coming out my ears.

"Busy" I mumble.

"Doesn't look like it" he claims.

I know we choose our friends, but he couldn't have had worse timing. "What do you need, Tony" I beg.

"Just wanted to hang out" he shrugs. "Your girlfriend is really cool and I guess you're alright" he winks.

"Awh thanks Anthony, it's really good to see you again" Serenity says.

"Well it's nice of Kris to share you for once" he accuses.

And there's a reason for that...