34 See The Light

Serenity

While getting settled into the new house has been such a priority, I was still trying to make sure not everything in my life was changing. So I keep on with being Kris' personal assistant even though he refuses to call it that. I still have doctors bills flooding in and plenty of reason to keep my job. So he can call it whatever he wants, but I still help him plan and organize and I still get paid for it. It actually helps a lot because I know when he's around to hang out or when it was possible for us to move.

After running all over that place due to moving and baseball games we finally get to have a much needed movie night. We haven't had one for a while with me being in the hospital and moving and all that stuff. So I pop in my favorite Disney movie and Kris grabs the popcorn. We jump on the couch and Beatrice joins us as we become one big blob all tangled up together. I get this warm feeling inside that comes from a working heart and the love of my little family here. I press play and the fun begins.

"Why do you like this movie so much" Kris wonders as the word "Tangled" appears on the screen. I'm sure we've seen this exact movie one too many times, but I just never get tired of it.

"Well for one the voice of Rapunzel is the same girl who played Jamie in A Walk To Remember" I start.

"Seriosuly" Kris gasps.

"Yup" I smile. "She sings and does the voice of Rapunzel. That's not the only reason why I love this movie so much but it is one of them" I explain.

"What else" he wonders.

"It's such a cute story. She never needed someone to climb up tower in order to leave that place. She was always capable of leaving, but a lot like me she got stuck in her head. That was the real place she was trapped in. She did everything she can inside of that tower and wanted more and still didn't want to leave because she was afraid of what was outside of the walls. What you don't know will always be more scary than what you do know and the thought of everything that happens outside of that tower terrified her.

And while she didn't need a man, it wasn't until Eugene showed up did she realize that her dreams are bigger than her fears. And once she was out of that tower she knew she's never going back in" I smile.

Kris pulls me in tighter before placing a kiss on top of my head. "So are you going back to your tower even though you got your new heart" he teases and I laugh.

"I was, am and always will be a book worm. That will never change. But I think I'm ready to go on my Disney adventure. My floating lights are still out there, there's still so much I want to see" I admit.

"I'm gonna take you there" Kris claims. I turn over so I can look at him as he just smiles at me. "I'm going to show you the world as beautiful as you make it out to be. We can go to the places you've read in your room, do the things your favorite characters do. I'm gonna make it so you do it all" he claims.

"Well aren't you the most perfect man" I ask.

"Only the best for you" he promises.

We finally shut our traps and just enjoy the movie. We've watched this at least ten times together and I never get tired of it. I'm sure Kris watches it just because I asked to but he seems to enjoy it too. There's good songs and good laughs that never do get old. I know it's not a original Disney movie but I think it's the best one since Hercules.

Finally we get to my favorite scene when they go out on the water and she finally gets what she always wanted. And that's when she realizes that dreams are great, but dreams change. Maybe a little, maybe a lot, but they change.

"All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you."

Kris stands up off the couch and pulls me up with him. The blanket falls to the ground as he pulls my body against his. I smile big as he starts to move us back in fourth in a slow dance. I rest my head against his heart and notice it was beating in time with mine.

All I know is that I'm happy that I was able to find my new dream.

"All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go.

And at last I see the light

And it's like the fog has lifted

And at last I see the light

And it's like the sky is new

And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything is different
Now that I see you

Now that I see you."

Kris slips his hands in my hair before pulling me into a long kiss. My eyes slam shut as I try my best to remember this, my first real memory of this house. And it was beautiful, one I would love to do over again and again and again. But dreams are meant to pass so you get new ones. And I know I can with him by my side.