57 Birthday Plans

Kris

My birthday being January 2nd means there's a lot of people still working off a hangover to do much celebrating with me. Luckily the one person I wanted to be with didn't drink and always had time for me. So she make me my favorite foods for breakfast and we just hang out. I sit with Roxie in my lap as I get some breakfast in bed.

"Come here" I beg as Serenity was walking around the room picking up. It wasn't dirty but we had dogs so there's always seems to be a toy or a missing sock laying around.

She crawls into bed and I move my empty plate to the side. I pull her into my embrace and I was suddenly feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. "So what do you want to do today" she asks me.

"You really want to know" I ask.

"Kinda why I asked" she giggles.

"Alright" I nod. She had a point. "I wanted to start planning our wedding" I admit.

She rolls over so she was looking at me. She smiles big as she looks me over. "Really, that's what you want to do on your birthday" she wonders.

"Well yeah. The greatest gift I could ever get is you. Might as well spend the day making the happiest day of my life" I shrug.

"Alright. Then what do you have in mind" she wonders.

I sit there and think and realize this is harder than I thought it would be. "Where do we start" I wonder.

"How about a date" she suggests.

"We always go on dates" I remind her.

She just rolls her eyes as she smiles bright. "No silly, a dare for our wedding" she claims and I start to blush.

"Oh" I whisper.

"So what do you have in mind" she wonders.

"What about April 14th" I suggest.

"The day we met" she questions and I smile.

"You remembered" I notice.

"Of course I remember. There's not a lot of moments in my life worth remembering, but that's the day I truly started living so it's stuck in my head like a record player with a scratch" she claims.

"Okay. So our one year anniversary we will get married" I say.

"Kinda crazy time think about. That gives us a little over three months to get this thing ready. You think we can do it" she asks.

"I don't know, let me ask my personal assistant" I tease making her giggle. She pulls me into a kiss and I happily kiss her back.

"You know we have a lot more stuff to figure out right? We need a location and food and the cake and a dj and to make save the dates and the parties" she lists off.

"Yeah, I know. And we have to do this all in three months so I'm sure we just made this harder on ourselves. But this feels right" I insist.

"Are you sure? Because I don't want you to feel like you have to do this or that you're doing it because you're scared that one day I won't be here" she explains.

I just tuck a piece of her hair behind her ear before placing my hand on her cheek. "I want to marry you because you are the love of my life. I don't remember what my life was like before you got here and I don't want to remember. Because my life with you is the best thing I've ever known. And I want to get married so I can say I have the most beautiful and intelligent wife who writes these amazing stories, but the best one is the one of her and I" I explain.

"Well when you put it that way" she smirks.

"So where are we getting married" I wonder.

"We should probably do it here since it's during season. I'm sure there's a lot of beautiful venues here in Chicago. But we should probably do it inside because trying to predict the weather in the Midwest in April is a bet you're going to loose every single time" she insists.

"Okay. How many people are we inviting" I wonder.

"I can't imagine inviting a lot of people, most of my friends around here are yours. So probable no more than 50 people" she admits.

"Well that opens a lot more options up for a more intimate venues. We can take a look at them once we get up from bed" I say.

"But I don't want to get up yet, I'm comfy" she claims as she scoots in closer to me. I hold her tight as I make myself comfortable.

"Alright. Let's keep brain storming. Who do we want to dj our reception" I wonder.

"This might sound insane... but what about Warrens band? I know he's young but he's about to leave for LA not too long after the wedding and he's actually pretty good" she explains.

"I think that would be awesome! Get him a little practice before they go out to the big times" I say.

"Okay. This is actually pretty easy. What else do we need to figure out" she asks.

"What about the wedding party? Who do you have in mind" I wonder.

"Probably just four of my friends. Nothing too crazy" she insists.

"Alright. I can pick put four guys easy enough" I admit.

"I guess we should go make sure we're still in Chicago on that date and see who is available since it's so soon. Plus if we don't get the makes the dates out ASAP we're going to get a lot of shit" she claims.

"So does that mean we have to get up" I ask.

"Yeah. Plus I made you a birthday cake and I'm really the big dogs are going to get a hold of it before we do" she laughs.

So we finally get out of bed and go downstairs. I grab the laptop and she grabs the cake. Once I blow out the candles she cute into it and we eat as we look up different venues and cakes and all that stuff. This city gave us a lot of options to choose from so it came down to location and who was still available.

We find a beautiful place we're we can hold the wedding ceremony and go next door and do the reception. We make up some electric save the dates and send them out so people can make plans to fly in for the weekend or make sure they don't schedule anything. We still had a lot to do like finding center pieces and what to wear and the food to serve but for the most part our wedding was well under way.