69 Cherish You

Kris

As April passes us we get closer and closer to the wedding. I wasn't nervous for I've never been so sure of something in my life. And I know people think we're moving fast and that this won't last. We're just kids after all, what would we know about having a healthy marriage? But those people don't know me, they don't know Serenity either. They don't know the life we share, the pain we've over come and the love we've made. They have no idea the dreams we dreamed up together and how every single one of them has come true so far. And this is just the beginning.

And now in just 48 hours I will marry my best friend in this whole entire world and I couldn't wait. Just another dream of mine about to come true thanks to her.

"Do you have your vows ready" Serenity asks me and I smile.

"I do" I tell her. "What about you" I wonder. 

"I do. But I keep changing them and now I see why my publicist wouldn't let me see my book again before publishing it" she giggles.

"I know no matter what they are they're going to be amazing. You kinda have a way with words" I claim.

"The best selling author in America this week "kinda" has a way with words" she teases.

I just shake my head as I smile back at her. "Kinda" I tease.

"Well reguardless I'm sure I'll figure it out. I always seem to when it comes to you" she admits.

"What if I just tell you I like your hair" I tease.

She rolls her eyes as she playfully hits my chest. "You're so full of it" she accuses.

"I just hope I don't get tongue tied like I have with you so many time before" I admit.

"I don't care what you say up there. I already know that you love me to lengths that no one will understand no matter what we say" she claims. 

"Spoken like a true writer" I smile.

"I try" she smirks.

We spend most of today making sure everything is in place for the wedding this weekend. My family was in town and the places were pretty much set up for us. The food was picked out and the are flowers about you be arranged. All the guests knew where to go and what to do and everything is paid for. We seemed to be all ready, except for one part.

"What are we doing our first dance to" she asks me and I stop. We joked about our first dance but even at dress rehearsals we never really figured it out.

"I don't know. Is there a good Sam Smith song" I wonder.

"Not one that everyone else's and their moms aren't going to be using at their wedding" she admits. She had a point.

"Okay, what do you have in mind" I wonder.

"I don't know. Is there a song that is perfect for us on our wedding day" she asks. "Does that song exist?"

"Probably not. But we can look" I assure her.

So we pull up the laptop and search through songs. We listened to so many great ones until I started to get tired. So we just let some music play and hope a song finds us.

Eventually the song changes and Serenity perks up. She had this amazing smile on her face and it made me smile too. She looked so genuinely happy and that's all I ever wanted to see from her. "I love this song" she admits.

"I'm not familiar with it" I claim.

She lets out a gasp like I just insulted her or something. "This is a classic. Have you no childhood" she accuses.

"Hey! I didn't listen to love songs as a kid. I thought they were icky" I admit.

"Well let me show you what real music is like" she smiles.

She grabs my hand and pulls me off the couch. I wrap my arms around her waist as her hands find the back of my neck. We start to sway as she softly sings to me.

"All I am, all I'll be
Everything in this world, all that I'll ever need
Is in your eyes, shining at me
When you smile I can feel all my passion unfolding
Your hand brushes mine
And a thousand sensations seduce me 'cause I

I do, cherish you
For the rest of my life
You don't have to think twice
I will, love you still, from the depths of my soul
It's beyond my control
I've waited so long to say this to you
If you're asking do I love you this much, I do

In my world before you
I lived outside my emotions
Didn't know where I was going
Until that day I found you
How you opened my life to a new paradise
In a world torn by change
Still with all of my heart, until my dying day

I do, cherish you
For the rest of my life
You don't have to think twice
I will, love you still, from the depths of my soul
It's beyond my control
I've waited so long to say this to you
If you're asking do I love you this much, yes I do

I've waited so long to say this to you
So, if you're asking if I love you this much, I do
Oh, I do."

The music stops and we do too. I get lost in the eyes of a woman who sees nothing but the best in me. And I'm just a few short hours I get the honor of calling her mine for the rest of my life and going off on adventures and falling more in love. If that's even possible.

"I think this song is perfect" I say softly as my lips hover hers.

"I think it is too" she agrees.

"So now what? We wait" I ask.

"Or we keep working on the dancing. Wouldn't hurt us" she admits.

"Say that to my toes" I tease.