47 Marry You

Serenity

After spending a wonderful week in Vegas seeing new things and learning more about Kris we return back to Chicago for thanksgiving. We were having my family over a few days before to celebrate a time for thanks. We have a lot to be thankful for this year, me especially. And while I'm always thankful, now I can use it as a excuse to show everyone around the house.

So we decorate the house and I start cooking. Kris keeps me company and makes sure our fur babies don't get any smart ideas like putting a paw on the stove.

"How is the book writing going" Kris wonders as he leans against the island. I continue to work on the cranberry sauce on the stove and listen to what my dear boyfriend was asking.

"Really good, actually. I have a few more pages then I'll be done. It goes off to editing right after and I'll make the changes I need then we're done" I say.

"Oh this is so exciting" he cheers as he claps his hands together. I roll my eyes as I continue to work on my food.

"It isn't really. I'm sure they'll ask a lot to be changed and I'm going to have to go through the editing process a bunch of times. Plus I don't know how well this book will do. It's deep and not a lot of people will get it" I shrug.

"That's okay, because you still got to chase your dream. You're still going to be a writer and I promise you people are going to love it. I can't wait to read it" he claims.

I just smile because he was so supportive throughout this whole thing. The days I didn't feel like writing he encouraged me to dig deep and find something. He has inspired me in so many ways I can't even count them. I couldn't imagine what these past eight months would be like without him.

"I wish I could tell you the ways I love you" I insist.

"You don't have to baby, I can feel it" he claims.

He gets up off the counter and wraps his arms around my waist. His kisses my cheek and I just smile like a idiot. "You want to hear something pretty crazy" I ask.

"Sure" he admits.

"If you asked me to go off to a courthouse right now to get married I would so do it" I insist.

He just chuckles in my ear as I turn the stove off. I move the pan to a place on the stove that wasn't hot so it doesn't burn. I turn around in his arms and grab his face. "And why would we do that" he asks.

"We won't. But if things were different I so would" I explain.

"Why do you want to get married right now" he asks.

"I don't know. My life has been so boring and predictable, I would love to do something I know is right but is still kinda unexpected" I shrug.

"And what if I said let's go" he counters.

I just look at him as he looks at me. "I would say no because your parents aren't here" I tease.

"And if they were" he asks.

I stare into his big blue eyes as he smiles down at me. "I would go in a heart beat, you want to know why? Because with my old heart or this one or a new one, it will always choose you. I'm going to spend the rest of my life with you so it doesn't matter when we get married" I promise.

He quickly pulls me into a deep kiss and I kiss him back. He pushed me against the stove and I quickly remember this is not the place to be doing this.

Once we break apart he lets me finish cooking in peace. My family joins us and we put on a football game and some music to enjoy. I leave the rest of the food in the oven to keep warm and join everyone. I sit in Kris' lap and he holds me tight. I rest my head on his shoulder as he rubs my leg.

"You good baby" he asks.

"Yeah. My medicine just making me tired" I say.

"You feel kinda warm" he admits. Usually that's nothing but I'm always cold so it is a little weird.

"That's a first" I laugh.

"Are you sure you're okay" he asks.

I pick my head up and cup his chin. "I'm fine, I promise."

So he reluctantly lets it go and we continue on as is. Although I did feel a little off with this medication I'm not sure what feels normals anymore. I don't think there is a normal at this point. I mean I have a dead persons heart in me... I don't think it's going to feel right. Instead of going down that inevitable road of the chances that there's something being wrong with my heart I focus on celebrating the holidays with my family and having a good time. I kick all the bad out of my mind for at least today as we hook up the karaoke machine. Warren naturally goes first because he is the musician in the family. Then Kris steps up and looks through the songs. He finds one before turning to me.

"I'm gonna need you for this" he claims and my eyes go big.

"Oh no. Now way" I insist.

"Come on! If you don't come up here I'm going to have to sing with Landon and I really don't want to song this with him" he begs.

I roll my eyes as I get up off the couch. I walk over to him and grab the other microphone. I smile when I notice what song he picked out. I see "Marry You" by Bruno Mars and just shake my head. This man...

So we sing the song and have a little bit too much fun. I look around and see my family singing and dancing and realized that this is bliss. This is what every little girl wants to have some day. Just endless happiness that doesn't come from the million dollar house we're in or the contract Kris is on, but the smiles on the faces of the ones we love the most. The laughter that fills more of my heart than anything else. And the ones we love right by our side.

"Oh
It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes, or is it this dancing juice
Who cares baby, I think I wanna marry you."

Kris dips me backwards before placing a kiss on my lips. I cup his cheek as I pull him closer. Out of all the things I'm thankful for, I'm most thankful for him.