1

"Violet Harrison." A young secretary called out. I stood up and fixed my black pencil skirt as I followed her.

"He's in a good mood today. So you came on a great day. He's actually quite excited to meet you." She said. I smiled.

"Your a quiet one. He'll like that. The last personal secretary apparently never shut up and he got so fed up with it. Because he couldn't focus." She explained.

"I guess that makes sense." I said quietly. "Yeah. So. What brought you here?" She asked. "I don't know." I said.

"You look like you could run your own business. I see it in you." She said with a smile as the elevator doors opened, finally, she led me down the long hall to black double doors.

She knocked on the door and we waited a moment. "Come in." A gruff voice said. "I wish you luck Violet." She said with a smile as she walked away. I opened the door and walked in.

"Violet Harrison?" He asked, his Mexican accent thick, his cold emerald green eyes staring into my sad grey eyes.

"Yes." I said quietly and I saw a smirk on his face for a split second. "Please. Have a seat." He said while motioning to the seats in front of his desk.

I did a curt nod and sat down in one of the designed chairs. "I was going over your file. You have always had straight A's and never missed a day of school. Then you went to school as an Entrepreneur but, your here." He said with a curious face.

"I was going to run a fashion empire." I said, but I didn't obviously since my father told me that I'm to ugly to be the face of a company. My mother tried to encourage me before she left.

"There's nothing on your parents." He said. "And your 19." He said. "My parents aren't apart of my journey." I replied calmly.

Trying to not get angry. He studied me for a moment, this 20 year old was trying to figure me out. But, I've got a hard exterior and I'm fantastic at hiding my emotions.

"Do you have a car to get you here each day?" He asked. "Yes." I said. "Do you have a place where you live?" He asked. "Yes." I said. "Medical problems?" He asked.

"No." I said. "Allergies?" He asked. "Opioids, cats, and caramel." I said. "I'll remember that." He said as he jotted it down.

"Birthday?" He asked. "10/31/2000." I said. "Alright. I'll call you around five pm if you get the job." He said while looking into my eyes.

"Alright. Have a good day." I said. He smiled. "You too Violet." He said but, I didn't miss the shocked look in his eyes when I said that.

I got up and he did too. He stuck his hand out and I did as well. Shaking his hand before I turned and left out the same door I came in and went to the elevator and clicked the lobby button.

I got out and the same secretary saw me. "You totally got it. Dixie, the secretary up there said he was smiling when he walked out which is rare." She said.

I chuckled quietly while walking to the desk. "Personally I think it went well but, I won't know until five pm. I might not get the job but, sadly. I could work for my father." I said remembering that he wants me to take his stupid business.

"Don't worry. Mr. Grey, you have a meeting in an hour." She said staring at someone behind me. I looked behind me and saw the boss...the one who I just spoke with. He was staring at my ass. He was leaning against the wall, looking at my ass.

"Here is my number. So we can hang out some time. By the way since I totally forgot to introduce myself. I'm Lillian Phoenix but, please call me Lilly." She said.

"Alright. Thank you Lilly." I said. She smiled and nodded. I turned and walked out of the large empire. I felt eyes burning into me but, I didn't look back. I just got towards my car which was a Dodge Challenger that was black. My mother had got it as my sixteenth birthday present. Before she left.

I drove off towards my small apartment. I parked and I sat on my comfy couch. With my phone beside me. I took my high heels off and laid down. Drifting into a deep sleep.