19

I heard the faint beeping and I moved uncomfortably. I knew where I was. I obviously wasn't drugged up since I am allergic to many medicines. I was just exhausted with everything. I heard the door close and then I felt a large hand on mine.

"Amore, I'm sorry." I heard Dax say. "Sorry for what?" I asked, keeping my eyes closed. "Amore, your awake!" He exclaimed, causing me to groan from the killer headache that I was suffering. I opened my eyes and I squinted because of the light. It was so bright. Everything, and I mean everything was white in here.

"Dear lord, if I would have been drugged up and woke up, I would have thought I was in heaven." I said. "Don't tell me that you expected to not be here." He said worried, but serious. I chuckled weakly. "I don't plan on going anywhere. I just meant that this room is really bright with all the white. It's very colorless...very bland." I said.

"I will get it colored for you." He said, getting up, but I grasped his hand tighter. "I don't plan on being here forever. Don't worry. It's fine for now. I will be home eventually. Why did you say sorry?" I asked.

"I said sorry because I couldn't get to you in time to protect you and I still felt bad about our argument yesterday morning." He said. "It wasn't your fault. He's crazy. As for our fight. I started the fight as I was being irrational and nothing you did was wrong." I said softly.

"Your mothers necklace." He whispered when the door opened. I chuckled weakly. "I will be fine without it. All's it held for me was grief and pain." I said while waving my free hand around like it was nothing.

I saw the woman who looked like Lillian and Dax. Our eyes locked and she grinned. "I am Dax and Lillians mother. Like your brother, you are are welcomed to call me mom. Everyone calls me ma or mom." She said while coming closer to me. I sat up, wincing and Dax was already trying to get me to lay down.

Mom leaned over and she gave me a hug. I returned the hug. "Your such a sweetheart." She said as she pulled back. I smiled as I focused on my goal to get out of my bed. I moved so I could get my legs over the bed when everyone yelled for me to stay put. I had a scowl on my face instead as I continued to get down. I was wearing a pair of joggers and a white crop top. I had a bra on and I was thankful for so.

Dax was fighting me by trying to get me back in the bed. I was able to get past him as I walked out of the room and walked towards the elevator I saw. I hit a button as they started out of my room. The doors closed before they could reach me. I waited patiently for the elevator to stop. Once the doors opened, I walked off the elevator.

It was the main floor and the phone rang so I hurried towards the exit, worried that was meant for me. I walked out and I leaned against a tree when two identical boys walked towards me. They looked to me in their earlier twenties.

"I'm Eli and this is Ethan, and yes we are twins. It's so nice to meet you Queen." Eli said happily. I smiled. "It's nice to meet you two as well, but please. Call me Violet." I said and he grinned while nodding.

"Looks like your being looked for. It's just too bad we can help you out of the grasp of the hospital." Ethan joked. "Really!?" I asked hopeful. They nodded with devilish grins.

"Of course. Just tell us where and we will go." He said. Dax walked out and I paled. "Just stay there. He shouldn't see you." Ethan said. "Or not." Eli murmured as Dax came towards us.

"Violet! What the hell?! You need to rest, you were shot." He snapped as he stood behind the two boys. Man, I think it's now that I realized that he is really tall.

"I'm not staying in a hospital so you can forget that." I said. "I want you to be monitored." He said. I opened my mouth to protest when a sudden memory from the OR came to mind. "Im pregnant." I said quietly. "What?" He asked surprised. "I-I'm pregnant. During the surgery...they told me and they kept it from you because they assumed I'd want to tell you." I said.

He sighed and covered his face and I felt a surge of pain go through my heart. He's not happy about this. I turned and I began to walk away from him.

It's just too bad that I won't get rid of this baby. I glanced over my shoulder and he was just standing there watching me. I turned back and my eyes watered. He doesn't care. The twins were no where in sight. Or so I thought until they pulled up beside me.

"We kind of are in the middle of no where. So. Hop in. Where are we heading?" Eli asked. I got in. "Dax's empire. I need to get my car." I mumbled. "Don't take his actions to heart. I'm sure he will come around. Just let him wrap his head around the idea of being a dad." He said. "I'm trying not to." I murmured. "I wish you could drink because then that's what we would do. You've been through hell the past twenty four hours." Ethan said.

Eli was driving really fast and there was a car behind us. "Uh oh. Eli. Slow down, Dax looks a little angry." Ethan said. "He wants us to pull over and give Violet to him." Ethan said.

"I don't want you two to get into trouble. So maybe you should listen to him." I said quietly. "He won't take it to heart. Don't worry. We are the younger brothers." Ethan said. "Oh." I said. "Yep." Eli said.

"He's calling." Ethan said. "Ignore it." Eli said as we turned onto the street where the empire is. We got parked. "Thanks guys. I'd go ahead and go once I'm out. He looks a little mad." I said. No. He looked pissed.

I got out. "Be careful Vi, we will most likely see you later." Ethan said. "See you guys then. You guys be careful and stay out of trouble." I said. They grinned devilishly. "No can do." Eli said and I rolled my eyes, a small smile on my lips before they drove off. Eli driving, but hanging out the window to wave at me.

Once they were gone, I walked into the empire. I knew Dax was behind me. I walked to the private elevator and he got in. "Violet." He hissed at me. "I understand if you don't want the baby, but I won't get rid of it." I said.

"Violet. We aren't ready to be parents." He sighed. "You aren't ready to be a dad. I'm ready to be a mom. I'm excited to be a mom. I won't kill it." I snapped harshly. "Okay. I get it. But, please rest." He begged.

"You don't get it and don't tell me what to do." I said harshly as the doors opened I walked to his office. It was cleaned up and I grabbed my big purse out of his chair.

"I have work to do. So please, just leave me be." I said tiredly as I went to walk past him, but I was stopped when he grabbed my upper arm. "You don't have to kill it. I'm just scared. I'm not going to be a good dad Violet. I know that." He said seriously. I rolled my eyes. "Your wring Dax. You'll be an amazing father. You don't take credit for anything, do you?" I asked.

"Violet, I just don't want to fuck up our kid." He said. "You won't f-mess up our kid." I said and he raised an eyebrow at me. "Nice catch." He said. "Thank you." I said. "For now on, no cursing amore. Either that or punishment." He said. I groaned. "I'm going to work." I said as I trudged away. "I love you." He said and I turned around, a little surprised. "I love you too." I said. He smiled. "I'll come by to pick you up later." He said. "I can drive myself." I said.

"I'd rather do it." He said. "Your killing me." I said. "I know, but you know you love the special treatment." He said while grinning goofily. "No. I have grown to hate it." I said while winking at him.