16

We were back at his place. He seemed really out of it. As soon as we got here. He set me on the couch and told me I wasn't aloud to go to a different room without telling him. If I did, I will get punished.

I was getting nervous because, hello. He won't snap out of that daze. A man walked in the front door with Lillian. "Violet, this is my husband Luc, spelled L-u-c, pronounced Luke. Luc, this is Violet. Dax's forever girl and also my best friend. Wait? How long as he been like that Vi?" She asked, pointing at Dax.

"An hour. I've tried everything. I threatened to go home, I hit him in the face, I pushed him and so on." I said while sighing. "Try to go out the front door." Luc suggested. I looked at him like he was crazy. "I'm not getting my ass locked up in a tower by Dax because I broke his rule." I snapped. "I will say it was my idea. Just say bye Dax." He said.

I sighed and nodded, getting up as I went towards the front door. I opened it and looked at Dax. "Bye Dax." I called out and shut the front door. "Violet!" He roared, not a second later the door was opened and I was dragged in. He pushed me onto the couch and I looked at him.

"What the hell were you thinking?" He snapped. "It was his idea to get you out of your head. I tried to go against it." I said while whining.

He looked at Luc. "I told you what was going on. Don't try to bait her out dumbass. He's after her." He snapped at Luc.

"Knock it off Dax or I'll go home whether you like it or not. Your acting like a child." I said annoyed with the attitude he had. "You won't be able to get past me amore." He said cockily.

"Honey, take you ego from a ten to a one for me. Thank you. Now listen to me honey, next time you get an attitude with me. I'll beat you black and blue with a wooden spoon." I threatened. He was laughing at first, thinking I wasn't serious, but I was entirely way to serious.

"Oh...your serious." He said as his face paled as fear clouded his eyes. "Now sit your ass down and behave, lose the attitude. We have guests. I'll go make some food." I said. "It would be dinner amore." He said. "True. You two are staying for dinner." I said, not leaving room for them to deny.

Luc

I waited until Violet was an earshot away before looking at my best friend, my brother in law who looked about ready to piss himself. I snickered. "Damn, she has you in line." I said. "Language." Lilly scolded me and I nodded. Dax went serious. I am his second in command for the gang, it is my job to help things get handled and that our gang stays safe.

"What did you find?" He asked me. "I found out that this guy has been watching Violet longer than anticipated. We were hoping he stopped, he didn't. Lillian found them. Be lucky. You wouldn't have been happy if other men found these." I said, handing him the box.

"Some of them were from inside her house Dax. She was either showering or sleeping or just doing something." Lilly said seriously. "That wasn't the only thing either. There was clothes of hers." I said. "Like what?" He growled angrily.

"Shorts, shirts, her bras and underwear. This guy is really a creep." Lilly said. He was going through the pictures and he went tense, his eyes darkening. I'm going to guess that, that is one of the many nude photos that this creep has taken of Violet.

Violet poked her head in, but she couldn't see what Dax was doing. "Are you two allergic to anything? Just want to make sure that I don't use anything I shouldn't." Violet said. "Nothing here for us. But, I'd be damned if your cooking is better than Dax's." I said jokingly.

She smirked. "Him and I have already agreed that there will be major cook wars. I'm pretty sure that I have a few winning recipes from back in Italy that will have you guys crazy." She said. Dax turned to look at her in shock. "Your from Italy?" He asked.

"Yes. We moved to America when I was nine. My fathers business got much bigger, and he wanted to be closer to his allies." She said while shrugging.

"Hey, have you decided what you were going to do with your dads business?" Lilly chirped up which seemed to cause a stressed look to cross Violets features.

"Don't even get me started on that. It's for the best. I'm still cleaning up his mess." She said with a sigh before she turned to cook.

"Did I do something wrong?" Lilly asked hurt. "No Lilly. Just...ever since he died. And when she managed to get the guts to go to his empire and house. She was suppose to go look for that papers to sell the empire but, she got that great idea to get his messed cleaned up. And take over. So later down the road we can merge. Many people quit once she took over. And many quit when her dad was there. There is basically less than twenty people working there. And the more she gets through one problem, more problems pop up." Dax said annoyed.

"How is she managing with both places?" Lilly asked shocked. I totally forgot that she worked for Dax. "She's like a vampire. She doesn't sleep that often. She stays up and works. It worries me." Dax said stressed. "With this going on as well...god knows what's going through her head. She has enough creeps bothering her. Stupid alliances that she had cut because her father really fucked up." Dax said.

"We should probably start assigning her guards." I said. "I'm agreeing with you there. I don't even care how pissed off she will get with me. It's for the best." Dax said.

"So...How is she doing with her new empire?" Lilly asked. "Define that." Dax said, still going through the pictures. "Like, hows her cleaning the messes up and does she know what she's going to do with it?" Lilly asked.

"The messes are getting deeper and more dangerous. It's getting pretty dark that I might have to come in and clean up the rest because I don't want her doing that. Although, she threatened to make me sleep out on the couch if I helped. For an entire month! But, she said once she gets it cleaned up. She's clearing it out, renovating it and she is going to start her fashion empire. Not only fashion, but cosmetics as well." Dax said, smiling fondly.

"I've seen her binders full of fashion designs and they are all amazing. She has a true talent." Dax said. "I might quit working for you Dax and work for her!" Lilly said and they started to laugh. I joined in.

It went silent. "What do we do about this Tyler?" I asked. "We need to find him and then kill him on the spot. I can't risk him getting away. He is quite sly." Dax said.

An amazing aroma came into the living room. "Shit that smells good! Girl, whatcha cooking!" Lilly yelled while getting up. "Lillian-Evelyn." I growled. She went wide eyed as she realized she cursed. "I'm sorry." She said sheepishly before skipping out of the room. "Your getting it later." I mumbled. "I hate it when you curse, should make you put soap in your mouth." I grumbled and Dax watched amused.

"At first I didn't mind the cursing. But, then I did. You will be the same way. Punishing her if she curses." I said. "I hate it when she curses, but recently I have been trying to give it an easy with everything going on." He said. I raised a brow.

"Let's use Lillian as an example. Let's say she was Violet. Let's say that she was called worthless, pathetic and ugly her entire life. Abused. Sexually harassed. Stalked. A gun pointed at her head. Her dad leaving her a mess. Going through this mess. Finally telling someone how she was sexually harassed." He said.

"Okay. Okay. I get it." I grumbled as I didn't want to hear anymore sad news. How the hell is Violet so...innocent when nothing, but darkness has been in her life? How is she so kind? How does she put up with Dax's ass? Because I know that I wouldn't be able to put up with him.