2

I bolted up at the sound of my phone ringing. I quickly picked it up and hit answer.

"Hello." I said. "Is this Violet Harrison?" A gruff voice asked. The one I realized as my possible boss. "This is she." I said. "You got the job Violet, be here at seven tomorrow morning." He said softly.

"Alright." I said. "Bye Violet, have a good night." He said softly. "Have a good night Mr. Grey." I said before hanging up.

My stomach was fluttering with many feelings. I felt happy and loved but, this is just work so. It will never happen.

I lied back down on the couch and I fell back asleep.

(:)(:)(:)(:)

I bolted up to my alarm. It was six am. I walked to my bathroom and showered. I washed my hair and body with lavender wash.

I got out and I dried my body off and put the towel on my hair, wrapping my hair in the towel so it will dry faster.

I walked to my closet and grabbed me an outfit. I grabbed a black button up blouse and a black pencil skirt.

I walked to the bathroom and I took the towel out of my hair and I grabbed the blow dryer to finish drying my hair.

Then I brushed out my black hair and put it up in a tight bun. I pulled on the black pumps before I grabbed my bag and I walked out to my car.

I started to drive towards the empire. Grey Empire. The strongest, most feared empire in the world. My phone started to ring and it was an unknown caller.

I muted the ringer and I continued driving past businesses and houses until I reached the tallest building here. Grey empire.

I parked and I realized I was ten minutes early. I sighed and shrugged before grabbed my phone and my purse before I walked in.

"I knew you would get the job. Now come here. I got your badge and I'm going to give you a quick over view." She said. I walked over as the doors behind me opened so I looked behind me. It was Mr. Grey.

"Shocking. I thought I'd be here before you." He said with a pout playing on his lips. I managed a small smile while Lilly laughed. His pout disappeared as he studied me with a very serious look.

I turned back to Lilly. "Okay. So here is your badge. This is a file that contains a paper of the numbers for people you will need to have, some rules, and a sheet of paper of going back to what we are going to go over." She said handing me a file that was red.

"Okay. So. Basically you will do what Mr. Grey does. You will take calls for him. You will basically be the shadow of Mr. Grey. It's actually quite simple. Plus. You already have experience in this so I know you can do it." She said while handing me a plain tan folder.

"Thank you Lilly." I said. "Your welcome." She chirped. "Oh. And take the elevator to the tippy top floor. Which is...?" She asked me.

I chuckled quietly. "I'm taking her up anyway Lilly thank you." I heard Grey's deep voice from behind me said.

"To answer your question though. Floor 51." I replied quietly. "See. I knew you could remember but, also it's easy." She said before she gave me a hug and we went our separate ways.

I was following Mr. Grey. Once in the elevator he leaned against the wall behind me. "Please stop staring at my ass." I said in a monotone.

He was hot but, my father was right. No one will ever love me. I'm an ugly, worthless, pathetic woman who will bring nothing but, pain and damage.

"Why not? It's all mine." He said huskily as his hands cupped my ass. My breath hitched in my throat before I found my voice and I moved away from him and turned to him.

"Why? Because my ass is outta your league buddy and does it look like my ass has a price tag on it. Let alone me." I said sassily. He smirked.

"I like feisty." He said. "I'm not one of those hoes you'll find walking around. So don't expect to be in my pants anytime soon or ever." I said.

He just smirked. That smirk. Oh how I dream of wiping it off his face. But, he is my boss. "Oh. Please don't call me Mr. Grey unless in front of other workers. When we are alone, call me Dax." He said.

"I'm good. I prefer formality as I only plan on keeping the relationship between us a work relationship." I said as the elevator doors opened.

He smirked once again. "So. I did a little research yesterday and I figured a little more about you." He said as he led me to his office. He motioned me to sit but, I sat on the complete opposite side of the office on the couch there and I sat in a comfortable position.

"You could of asked." I said carelessly. A lot of previous owners researched about me and I stayed for awhile until they tried to use it against me.

"I did bring it up. So why did your mother walk out?" He asked curious but, a sad glint in his eyes.