Chapter 2

Tim stared across the aisle at his lover, consumed in an alcohol filled slumber, recalling the last time Chance had drank himself into oblivion was due to his diagnosis of the brain tumor. He couldn't help but wonder with his recent demeanor if he'd received news that his health was in danger again. As he silently prayed that not be the case he drifted off to sleep.

With the rocking of the bus Chance awakened with a pounding in his head and extreme nauseated feeling in his gut. Stumbling to the small bathroom, hoping not to wake anyone else, he positioned himself on his knees in front of the toilet like many times before.

The sounds emitting from the bathroom brought Tim to life as he jumped from his bunk to the door. Quickly entering and securing the lock he knelt down behind his love. Rubbing his back as Chance hovered over the toilet his heart ached at the sight before him. Not only had it triggered flashbacks of the times he sat with him years ago but also a reminder of Caroline. For a moment he was lost in the memories of the suffering of his loves, the helplessness he'd felt. Chance flushed the toilet once again bringing Tim back to the present where he pulled him back to his chest to console him.

Chance sunk into his lovers arms, he needed the warmth, the security that only he could provide. Tim held him tenderly, kissing him now and again on his head trying to comfort him.

"Do you need anything " he whispered in my ear, stroking my arm.

"That voice, his voice filled with love resonated through me. I cant tell him anything, not yet. I just need this, him holding me" I told myself as I wrapped my arms around his waist trying to hold back the tears. But he knew, he always knew and told me over and over it was ok, everything would be ok.

Startled at the pounding on the door Tim and Chance woke to Austin demanding whoever was inside to hurry up  because he needed to use the bathroom. Realizing they had fallen asleep entwined in each others arms the look of panic took over. "What the hell are we going to do now, how do we explain this " Chance whispered.

"Shit, shit" Tim whispered helping him to his feet. Looking around he decided the only way out was to get in the shower and pretend Chance needed to come in due to all the alcohol he consumed. Quickly disrobing, tossing his clothes aside he jumped in the shower, the water full blast while Chance yelled he'd be right out.

"Hurry the hell up, you're not the only one who needs to take a piss" Austin bellowed.

"Go, it's ok, he wont ask a thing. If he does, I'll explain" Tim assured him as he shivered in the blast of cold water having not given enough time for it to warm up.

"I'm sorry" Chance whispered before opening the door.

"What the hell's the shower on for" he asked walking in.

"Cause I'm in it asshole" Tim replied in his deep morning voice.

"What the hell" Austin stated jumping at his response.

"Do your business and get out. Shit can't a man get a little privacy around here" he bellowed hoping it would sound as if he'd been annoyed with Chance walking in on him too.

Austin hurriedly emptied his bladder before flushing the toilet which resulted in yet another cold blast of water pounding Tim's skin.

"Son of a bitch, get out will ya" he yelled as Austin laughed his apology before leaving.