Chapter 46

Truthfully, I've been an introvert my entire life. Not realizing it for years, all the times I found myself more at peace near the shore I thought it was I longed to be at sea. A pirate perhaps aboard a ship, or somehow in search of Nirvana. Thankfully Tim understands this side of me, ensures that I recharge in the areas I'm most comfortable, sensing it at times before I do. Now this, this new ability I've been given is difficult, different. I've always felt sympathy for others, their situations and losses. But the visions, the true feelings experienced, the physical pain of these unknown to me, I just can't reveal the extent to Tim. He wouldn't truly understand, though he would say he did to support me. Hell, I don't really understand but I must keep this hidden and to myself as much as possible in order to protect him, the others. The life, my life of an introverted empath, I would never have imagined it in a million years.

"Chance" he heard Tim call from the front of the bus. Quickly closing his journal he placed it back in the locked box he store beneath the false bottom of the seat where he sat. "I'll be right there" he stated before walking towards the front.

"You ready to head to the venue, sound check is about to start" Tim advised giving him a smile as he emerged from the back. Chance walked towards him, pulling him into a tight hug. "You ok" Tim whispered in his ear. Chance took in a deep breath, the musky aroma of his lover was as calming as sitting along the shore. "Hmmm" he responded.

"Oh for the love of Pete would y'all get a room" Austin remarked as the two hugged each other, rolling his eyes.

The two quickly grabbed him, surrounding him with their arms, holding him between themselves kissing him on each cheek.

"Staaaaap" he squealed trying to wiggle from their grasp as Rob and Adam laughed.

"How about a little threesome" Tim joked wiggling his eye brows as they stepped closer to him.

"Knock it off" Austin retorted twisting away from Tim.

"Oh let him go, he wouldn't be able to handle either one of us let alone together" Chance stated as he slapped him on the butt.

"Why..why y'all got to do that..." Austin remarked finally stepping away from the two.

"Because we love you Austin, oh yes we do..we don't love anyone as much as you" they sang together with a slight lisp teasing him.

"Stop it! I'm outta here" he told them heading for the door.

"Austin, come on, they're just kidding" Rob replied grabbing him by the arm.

"It never bothered you before, hell we've all joked around like that" Adam added.

Austin stood and looked at the four. Yes they had, now it was different, the relationship had changed. And he couldn't admit to them he actually was more intrigued than upset.

A knock on the bus door came as a relief to Austin as he turned to open it. Nate stepped up inside telling them the sound crew was ready for them and that the venue manager wanted to speak with Adam.

"Well, guess that's our cue to get down to business" Adam replied as they all exited the bus.

Once inside Adam was shown to the managers office while the rest stepped on stage. "Wonder what this sudden meeting is about" Tim stated while they grabbed their mics and earpieces.

"BBQ...I smell BBQ" Rob commented sniffing the air.

Tim raised a brow at his reaction just before the heavy aroma passed by. "Damn, sure does smell like it. We didn't put that in the retainer did we?"

"No but wherever that heavenly aroma is coming from I sure do hope they plan on sharing" Rob replied closing his eyes, a smile forming on his face.

Adam ran up the steps to the stage just as the others completed their checks. "Hey guys you're not going to believe this" he began while grabbing his mic.

"Oh please, please say that aroma in the air is for us" Rob stated making the others laugh.

"Well, it can be on two conditions " Adam stated.

"Conditions? " Tim asked.

"Yes, whatever it is, just say yes" Rob begged.

"Settle down their buddy, never say yes without knowing what you're agreeing to" Chance laughed.

"The manager has requested a private show with some friends tomorrow night. We'll be paid of course but he thought the BBQ would sweeten the pot a bit to say yes" Adam replied.

"What's the second condition " Tim asked cautiously.

"We perform independently in separate rooms as a favor to his guests as they each have their favorites" Adam replied.

"Don't you think that's a bit odd, just how much is he paying for this" Tim asked crossing his arms.

"Yeah, we've never been asked that before" Chance added.

"Think of it as an Ultimately Ultimate VIP" Austin stated as the BBQ aroma intensified.

"$10,000" Adam replied.

"I don't know Adam, $10,000 seems ..." Tim began.

"$10,000.....a piece...but it's up to you guys" Adam added before heading to his place on stage.

"Holy shit" Austin gasped.

"Seriously?" Rob stated placing his hand on his chest.

"I don't know guys, this all seems out of character for any event we've ever done before" Tim stated.

"I agree but Adam knows what he's doing. Besides he said it was up to us, he wouldn't have even mentioned it if he didn't think it was legit, right?" Chance asked the three.

"I'd like to ask this manager a few questions before I agree to any of it" Tim told them.

"Dude, come on..where's your sense of adventure. We're finally in a place with our careers that requests like this come about, I say yes..think of what you could do with the extra cash besides eat all that delicious food" Austin stated.

"What about you Rob" he asked.

"It is tempting, very tempting. I mean Kels and I have been wanting to get our own place on the lake, you know secluded away from everyone. It would make a nice down payment" Rob commented stroking his beard.

"And you, what do you think..." Tim asked turning to Chance.

"I don't know...I mean it's a weird request..and weird he feels he needs to bribe us...I don't know" he answered.

"Well, what's it going to be..Yea or Nay" Adam asked.