Chapter 10

Waking to a wicked pounding in his head and the glare of the sun across his eyes Austin pulled the pillow over his face. Trying to remember where he'd been and what he'd done to get himself into such a sorry state of being seemed to elude him, for the moment. The taste in his mouth reminded him of the night Olena had said goodbye, the night he tried to drown every memory, every feeling associated with her from his existence.

"Well, you are alive" echoed the deep voice at his feet.

Peeking from behind the pillow finding an image engulfed in the sunlight, he remarked "oh sweet jesus".

"Not hardly" stated the three other voices in unison.

"Uh, go away, just let me die here" Austin sighed placing the pillow back over his face.

"Afraid not sport, get up, rehearsals start in an hour" replied the deep voice yanking the pillow off his face.

"Damn your evil, ya know that" he told him, trying to cover his eyes with his hands.

"You just called me Jesus, make up your mind, you can't have it both ways" Tim stated, throwing the pillow aside while Adam, Rob and Chance pulled him up off the bed. 

"What the hell do you guys think your doing" he questioned as they pulled him to his feet.

"Come on, get a move on, get in the shower, let's go" the three once again stated in unison.

"Knock it off you guys, you're freaking me out" Austin remarked as they pushed him towards the bathroom.

Rob went in first, opening the shower door while Adam and Chance escorted Austin inside. "Oh no you don't, I can take my own shower, I don't need your help" he stated as they pushed him inside the shower stall. Rob fumbled with the buttons on his shirt while Adam started to unfasten his jeans.

"Oh hell naw, y'all ain't taking my clothes off. Get out, now" he demanded.

"Ok, if that's how you feel. Come on guys" Chance remarked just before he turned the cold water on full blast and quickly shut the door.

"Son of a bitch" he yelled from behind the door.

"Ahh Karma, ya never know when she's gonna show up" Tim laughed deeply as they left Austin alone in the shower.

Emerging from the bathroom fully awake and properly showered, Austin found the pounding in his head had diminished to a dull ache and the nauseating cotton mouth was gone since brushing his teeth. As he walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist he cautiously looked around the room for anyone ready to pounce upon him again. Finding a bottle of tylenol and water sitting on the table brought a smile to his face. Under the bottle sat a folded piece of paper, "we love you Austin" written in each of their handwriting with a little heart next to it. Yes, they really did care.

****
"I'm glad you two finally talked. He's getting there but he's hurting, the type of hurt you don't get over quickly" Adam told Tim as they began sound check.

Tim knew all too well the pain Adam referred to. He had more than his share and prayed every day he would never go through that again. He looked over at Chance who was adjusting his earpiece, unbeknownst to him that Tim was silently praying that their new found love would heal their pain forever.

"You keep looking at him like that you won't need to tell the others, they will figure it out on their own" Adam whispered nudging Tim.

Tim's face reddened slightly,  "I have no idea what your talking about " he told him.

"Yeah, you do. And I think you two are good for each other" Adam smiled before taking his place behind the bar displayed on the stage.

As if on cue Chance looked up to see Tim looking directly at him, he smiled then winked before he took his place on stage. Tim's heart seemed to skip a beat as he watched his lover walk by, "yeah, I think we are too" he barely said aloud before placing his earpiece, heading to the stage.