34- The Floor Is Lava

34 The Floor Is Lava

"Tell me once again how the game works?" Ian asks.

"Let's play a round. You'll catch up," Isla says.

"Is everything alright with the lights?" Phil asks, joining us after parking his car.

"We enjoy a lovely evening," Isla says. "Okay, everyone. We split into two teams. I get Mia and Ian. The other team is Zoey, Oliver, and Phil. Now stand on any object close to you." She instructs, and they follow her lead.

"I'm too old for this," Phil says, still standing on the floor.

"Come on. Just one round," Isla says, and he reluctantly moves on top of a pillow on the floor.

Smith starts to ask questions since he wants to learn how to play. "Okay. Isla. Who was the first president of the United States?" Isla moves on top of a pillow on the floor, and Zoey chuckles.

"Isla!" I scold her, not believing she doesn't know the answer. We all have to move on top of another object close to ourselves.

"Okay, Zoey," Ian faces her. "Who's Freddie Mercury?"

"Queen's lead singer?" She looks offended. "Amazing how a teenager like you knows him." She teases, and Ian smiles.

"I deserved that," he says.

"When did he die?" She asks him, and he stays silent. After a few seconds, he steps on the floor from the couch since there's no object near him.

"Ohhh. First loser!" Zoey mocks. Isla and I move to another object because we're Ian's teammates.

I chuckle. "You either drink or do a dare."

"Dare me," he instructs.

"Sing a Queen song!" Zoey dares him, and we all encourage him by clapping our hands.

"Yeah, do it!" I shout.

"Okay. Fine!" He clears his throat. A few seconds pass, and his low voice rises. "Love of my life, you hurt me," he starts singing, and immediately Isla interrupts.

"God, please drink?" she says, and he shrugs.

"Okay." He drinks and gets on the couch again.

"Okay. Now, Oliver?" I say and get his attention. "How many claps are in Friends' theme song?"

"Five," he answers without hesitation.

"It's four," I inform him.

"No, it's not," he refuses to accept.

"It's four!" Isla says. He squints, and after everyone confirms it, he sighs and stands on the table close to him while his teammates move too.

"Okay. I got one," Phil says and faces me. "When was the first Star Wars movie aired?" I stare at him blankly. "You don't know?"

I look around and notice nothing is close to me. Sighing, I stand on the floor, and everyone laughs at me while my teammates move to other objects.

"Ha! Isla lost too!" Smith says.

"No, I didn't!" Isla defends herself.

"You're standing on the floor!"

"No! I'm standing on the remote control."

"What?" my voice squeaks.

"Moving on," Isla changes the subject. "What does Zoey do when she's talking on the phone?" She asks Phil.

"Talk?" He says.

"She plays with her hair. Move!" They all move, but Phil stands on the floor, having no choice.