42 - Christiana

42 Christiana

Linda has convinced my dad to stay at a hotel. And Oliver? I haven't seen him since my water broke and they put me in the car. It's not going to bring me down. I look at the empty loft and breathe deeply to calm myself down. I'm going to shower, have some food, grab a couple of clothes and be at the hospital for my kid again. When the water hits my skin, my wound hurts a little, even though it doesn't get soaked.

My mom has been on my mind a lot lately. I think about how this baby could make her happy. It could make everyone happy. Even Jon! And if it's his son, then—no, no! What the hell am I even doing, imagining things that are too dangerous? I leave the shower and walk to the kitchen to get some water but freeze, seeing Oliver at the door.

"Oh! Hey. I-I didn't know you would—" he says.

"Are you okay?" I ask him, and he nods.

"Yeah. Why?"

"You didn't visit me at the hospital. I got worried about you."

"I took Linda to the hospital. And later I-I was—busy."

"Linda made you uncomfortable."

"No."

"I'm sorry about that."

"It's okay."

"She had no right to say such things. Sorry that my family is so weird."

"Don't worry about it."

"I'll be leaving for my hometown when Christian gets discharged."

"And you won't come back?"

I shake my head. "But, hopefully, we'll meet each other again."

I approach him and give him a quick hug. "I know you're going through a lot. Thank you for everything all this time. You tolerated me. I know I'm not the easiest to live with. Everyone has told me so."

He chuckles and fights tears in his eyes. "I'm the one to thank you. You gave me your house even though you didn't know me. And you didn't ask for anything in return."

"If we get back in time, and the bankruptcy happens again, I'd do everything the same way we did."

Tears roll down his cheeks, and he wipes them. "Ugh. You had to make me cry, didn't you?"

I wipe my tears, mixed with the water drops on my face. "I'd take the cinema TV and sell it this time."

He shakes his head. "Do you have to remind me of that?"

"I'd Amber-Heard James' bed."

He laughs. "Of course."

"I love you. I hope everything turns out great for ya. And I do want to meet you and call you. So, don't ditch me like you did, Sebastian."

"I didn't ditch Sebastian. I fired him."

"You were friends, though."

"Yeah."

I pack my stuff and leave for the hospital.

Ian's keeping an eye on Christian, as I have asked him to do while I am gone. He puts an arm around me when I reach him, standing in front of the room with the big window.

"Mimi," he says and plants a kiss on top of my head.

"Thank you so much, Ian."

"For what?"

"For everything. You accepted me into your arms and let me be your sister again."

"You had some pretty serious lectures that moved me."