12- A night to remember

12 A Night to Remember

Outside the bar, I look at the sky, not believing the fantastic thing that just happened. "You left your coat," a voice says. I turn around. It's Jon.

"Jon! You didn't have to follow me! Thank you."

"My shift was over, so..." I get the coat from him and wear it. "You're a fan of Jordan, huh? Are you crying?"

I wipe my tears and shake my head. "No?" My voice squeaks, and he laughs. "Oh, my God!" I say as more tears stream down my face. "It took too much energy not to cry in front of him. I love that man!" My ugly sob gets worse, and Jon gives me a tissue.

"It's okay. You can cry now."

"He held my hand. He sang next to me. Ugh. I wanna cry and throw up."

"Don't throw up now, please."

"Does he come there too often?"

"Not regularly. Just sometimes. It's a very secret and very well-protected bar."

"I thought so! It doesn't look that fancy from the outside. I guess it's for fooling others. You must love working there." I look around the street and notice my car's not there. "Where's my car? Oh, my God. They've towed my car! Ugh. I knew a night couldn't end this good."

"Don't worry. I'll get you home."

"Oh, no. You don't have to do that."

"You wanted to check on me. I'll feel bad if I didn't help."

"But you're already occupied."

"It's nothing." He grabs my hand and stops me from passing the street when a car drives by.

"I saw that," I say, pulling my hand away. We get in the car, and he starts driving.

"I know you're too excited about Jordan, but you should duck when a car is about to hit you," he says.

"I'm just... I got things on my mind."

"Fantasizing?" He says, and I push my thoughts away.

"Obviously! But also other things."

"You can share."

"I don't want to bother you with my problems."

"Do I make you feel like that?"

"No."

"So tell me."

I sigh. "Remember the night of my party?"

"... Sort of..."

"You asked me what I wanted the most. I told you a baby."

"That I remember."

"I thought I was just drunk. But now I realize being lonely scares me. I guess it happens in the third decade of your life." He says nothing and keeps driving. "Anyway, my thoughts are just chaos."

"Did something happen?" he asks, and I look at him.

"No. Why?"

"You're thinking about babies now."

"Well... I could be pregnant right now."

He hits the brakes and stares at me with widened eyes. "What?!"

I almost hit my head on the front glass, but I hold the door. My eyes widen with shock. "Thanks to you, I don't think I'm pregnant anymore!" I say as I look back at Jon. "What the hell? We could've crashed!"

Jon looks back when he hears honks. He seems confused and distracted. I stare at him. Jon resumes driving. "When did that happen?!" he asks with an accusing tone as he looks at me every five seconds.