10.

With my heart pounding out of my chest, I reach for the door knob and take one last breath before actually opening it

With my heart pounding out of my chest, I reach for the door knob and take one last breath before actually opening it. Sure enough, Jace is standing in front of me. 

"Hey" is all he says, giving me a smirk.

"Come in" I open the door further to let him enter. 

He eyes me up and down, stopping at my yoga pants. I quickly scan him too, as he walks into the room. He's wearing his usual black jeans with a plain dark grey shirt. He changed his outfit from this morning.

"How's your hangover? Bad?" he asks, letting himself fall onto my bed.

"I feel alright, the aspirin helped" I answer, sitting down next to him, but leaving a big gap between us. 

"So, what are you doing here?" I ask him with a little smile, and a questioning look in my eyes.

"What, I can't come and see you?"

"Well, you didn't really give me much of a choice" I say, laughing at his funny looking face.

"I was bored" he answers leaning his back against the wall.

"Don't you have a lot of friends to keep you company?"

"I told you I'm pissed at them. Come on now" he answers, avoiding the question and pulling me right next to him. 

He's looking at my laptop. "What are we watching?"

"It's Queer Eye. Basically five gay guys making over people's house, look and lifestyle. It's a pretty great show" I explain to him.

"Boring" he stretches out smirking, making me cross my arms childishly as a joke.

"Fine. Then choose something."

Jace grabs my laptop and searches through all of the options on Netflix, which takes him a while. 

"I can't decide" he says frustrated, putting my laptop away again soon after. "Fuck this, let's talk instead" he adds, leaning himself back onto the bed, turning to face me.

We're really close, because the beds in the dorm rooms are single beds, not doubles like Jace has.

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask, copying him.

"Are you excited to start your classes tomorrow?"

"Yes and no. I'm just nervous, I guess that's normal" I answer honestly.

"Yeah, you're right" Jace says. "Well, I'm here to distract you a little" he says, pulling me even closer than before, which I didn't think was possible. The temperature in this room is rising fast. 

"Do you want to know the real reason I'm here?" he asks quietly, his face close to mine.

"Do I?" I answer cautiously.

I nod softly anyway. He brings his hand to my face and puts my hair behind my ear. 

"I can't seem to get you out of my head" he says looking at my lips, his hand lingering on my cheek.