CHAPTER 35

Chapter 35

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

The magentanette's legs shook in anticipation as she stood next to her coach.

Her usually happy magenta eyes were narrowed as she looked at the brunette who had her arms crossed.
Her eyebrows were furrowed as she gave the female dressed in the Seirin team jersey a stern look.

"Yuki-chan, don't make me repeat myself."

Koyuki ignored Riko's statement and glared right at her, "Give me one good reason why Coach! Or are you just saying this because I'm a girl?" The magentanette angrily questioned her cheeks flushing.

Riko sighed as she rubbed her temples tiredly, "I'm sorry Yuki-chan, but I promised all the guys I won't let you play in at least the first half. They're worried about you!"

Koyuki gritted her teeth in annoyance, but she soon lost the angry facade. Her eyes filled with worry.

'I need to protect my teammates, no matter what! That's why I need to stay in the whole game...' the small petite female thought as she stormed back to where the male of her teams were dressing.

Without a knock, she slammed the door open, revealing half naked males who were frozen in shock.

"O-oi! What are you doing!"

Ignoring the frantic yells she glared at all the males.

"Who was the one that told coach to not let me play?" Koyuki growled viciously.

Her teammates sudden grew serious, stopping their screams of embarrassment.

The magenta eyes that belonged to the female widen when every single of the males raised their hands.

"I did," they all choruses together as they looked at their only female teammate emotionlessly.

"W-Why?" The female's voice broke slightly, her anger starting to dissolve.

The pale teen known as the phantom player of generation of miracle wrapped a strong arm around his cousin, "Yuki-chan, you know they play dirty, we don't want you getting hurt."

"But I won't!" the female strongly stated, though the hint of begging was also heard.

All the males looked away and avoided eye contact with the girl.
Koyuki angrily looked down and bit her lips.

The magentanette in some way understood that her teammates were just trying to protect her.

But it hurt.

It hurt that they didn't trust her. It hurt that they didn't want to win together.

Whipping around angrily, she silently walked out of the locker room leaving the room in silence.

As his cousin disappeared, Kuroko uncharacteristically scratched his head roughly with both hands.

Everyone stared at the usually silent male in shock, Kagami being the most surprised.

"O-Oi!" Kagami yelled and reached out for the light blue haired male but before he could grab Kuroko's arm, he was running out of the door.

Kagami stood there frozen for a second, his arm lifted in the position where he was suppose to stop Kuroko. But the red haired male dropped his arm to his side when he realized he couldn't stop his teammate.

Everyone else in the room awkwardly shared a look, though one person had a different expression, one of guilt but his eyes weren't filled with regret.