★ | 037. insecure, celebrity

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom
Chapter 37: Insecure, Celebrity
Word Count: 638

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom Chapter 37: Insecure, CelebrityWord Count: 638

He frowned as he stared at himself in the mirror. It was no secret that [name] was extremely self conscious. Everything he tried on, he thought he looked horrible in. He was supposed to be going out on a date with his boyfriend but now he just wanted to cancel. He felt tears come to his eyes as he turned away from the mirror and looked at the bed that had mountains of clothes he had tried on.

"Baby? Are you ready yet." Hoseok knocked on the slightly open door before walking in. He had been waiting in the living room for a while and he was starting to get worried. They would miss their reservation at the restaurant if they didn't leave soon.

[name] kept his face away from him, not wanting him to see that he was upset. This was supposed to be a happy night. Hoseok finally got a night off and now [name] felt like he was just ruining it. "Um, yeah. I'll be out in a second." His voice wavered and his boyfriend knew instantly that something was wrong.

He slowly walked more into the room and put his hand on [name]'s arm, confirming his suspicions when the other guy didn't turn around. "What's wrong? Hey, are you crying?" He asked softly and that just made a sob leave [name]'s lips. Hoseok pulled him into his arms and squeezed him tightly, running his fingers through his hair to try and calm him down.

"I'm so stupid!"

"Why would you say something like that? You are anything but stupid." Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows, putting his hands on his lovers cheeks and lifting up his head. "Please tell me what's wrong?"

"I just, I'm so ugly. Everything I try on just makes it worse and I don't want people to judge you for being with me." He had gotten a lot of hate online when they had come out as dating and it was something that was really hard for him to deal with. He just wanted everyone to love him but fans just picked on his looks and the way he acted.

Hoseok was shocked. He knew [name] had insecurities but he couldn't believe he thought he was ugly. "Y-You really think that about yourself? I don't know how because you are the most gorgeous guy I have ever met. I couldn't believe it when you wanted to be my boyfriend."

"But your fans hate me... and I don't know why. I try so hard but nothing I do will make them like me."

"That's because they don't know you and their judging you for just being with me. They're jealous and they want to be in your place. Please don't ever listen to them and don't ever believe what they say because it isn't true."

[name] nodded, though he knew it would take a long time to overcome his insecurities and he just hoped one day he would succeed. "Thank you."

"You know what? We can skip the reservations if you want and just stay home and cook dinner together and watch a movie?" Hoseok suggested and the other guy looked at him with a small smile.

"Are you sure? This is your one night off so I want to do whatever you want to do."

"What I want to do is be with you. I don't care what we're doing as long as we're doing it together." The words made him smile so widely, his cheeks began to hurt and he leaned his head back on Hoseok's shoulder, interlocking their fingers. "I love you."

"I love you to."

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio