★ | 161. life without love, vampire knight

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom
Chapter 161: Life Without Love, Vampire Knight
Word Count: 1216

"I-I don't think we should be doing this?" Hanabusa stuttered out as he felt the other vampire laid kisses down his neck

"I-I don't think we should be doing this?" Hanabusa stuttered out as he felt the other vampire laid kisses down his neck. He was in the other vampires bed, hidden away in his room.

The kisses stopped after he spoke and [name] lifted his head back up with a cute pout. "Are you afraid of big, bad Kaname?" He asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Uh, yeah. I am. He threatened all of us that if anyone got close to you, he would kill them. Kill, kill them and I don't want to die."

He rolled his eyes with a huff and got off the other vampire, doing the buttons of his shirt back up. "I slept with him one time and now he thinks he has some claim over me. That jerk." He stood up and made his way around the bed. "Why are you here if you're so afraid of him?"

Hanabusa shrugged, a blush overcoming his pale cheeks. "I like you... and I like kissing you. Y-You'd protect me if he came after me, right?"

"Of course." He replied in a tired voice. He was so sick of Kaname and his stupid obsession. "You should go. I don't want to get you in trouble with Kaname." He grumbled out. He was angry and he was hungry.

Hanabusa looked upset but did as told, putting his clothes back on and leaving the room. It's not like [name] had feelings for him, he just wanted to have some fun. Now, it looks like he couldn't even do that. He sat down at his desk and put his chin on top of his hands, staring at his own red eyes.

This can't go on any longer. Kaname needs to know that he doesn't own him and to stay the hell away from his potential lovers. Without a second thought, he stood up roughly and smacked the desk with his hands, a determined look in his eyes.

He left his room and stormed towards where Kaname's room was. He didn't know and walked straight in, seeing the other vampire sitting on the sofa and casually reading a book.

"May I help you?" Kaname asked softly, eyes peeking out from behind the book.

"You have some nerve you know." He got straight into his rant. "Me and you? We're not together and we have never been together. We had sex one time. Can you get over it already and stop going after the people I like? Hanabusa is terrified of you now."

"Good." Kaname said.

[name] growled out and stomped over to him, grabbing the book and ripped it out of his hands throwing it somewhere across the room. He leaned down, arms on either side of Kaname and looked him straight in the eyes. "Back off. I'm not scared of you."

"I never wanted you to be scared of me. I want the people who think they have the right to be with you scared of me." Kaname used a finger to run up and down [name]'s shirt covered chest. "Why don't you just make this easy for both of us and be with me?"

"Because I don't want to be with you! I don't want to be in a committed relationship with anyone. I told you that before we slept together and you still didn't listen." He was getting heated and now his face was inches away from Kaname's. "I'm serious. I'm not going to repeat myself."

"Hmm." Kaname hummed and in an instance, [name] was back on the bed on his back with Kaname hovering over him. He huffed out in annoyance, glaring up at the other vampire. "I'm stronger then you and I'm faster then you. Why are you not afraid of me?"

"My god you're cocky." He replied, pushing Kaname off of him. "I'm not afraid of anyone. Especially you." This conversation was obviously going nowhere. Kaname wasn't listening to him and just making everything harder.

"Why don't you want to be with me? We're perfect for each other and we could spend the rest of eternity happy together. Why waste your time with vampires such as Hanabusa?" Kaname growled out with jealousy.

"We're not invincible. One day one of us will die and then we'll have to live with that for the rest of eternity. I'm not willing to fall in love only for that love to be taken away from me. The world is cruel and things don't turn out the way we want it. So while I'm was still here, I'm going to make the most of it and not be tied down. I'm only protecting myself. It's how I have survived for this long."

Kaname frowned and shook his head. "To live without feeling love is just sad. It's just... existing. There's nothing exciting to wake up to." He stood up and slowly made his way over. "You're scared to be hurt but you're not scared to be alone."

"I'm fine being alone." [name] replied, eyeing Kaname carefully when he moved closer.

"That's a lie and we both know it. You should take a chance. You won't regret being in love."

Before he could get close enough to touch him, [name] was quickly walking back to the bedroom door. "You don't know what you're talking about. Just leave me alone." And he left, leaving Kaname alone in his room once again.

He went back to his own room but he was still restless, the words that had been spoken to him circling around in his head. Why did he have to say stupid things like that? It was insane.

He paced his room for what felt like hours and turns out, it had been hours as now the light was coming up and he should be in bed. Instead of going to bed, he left his room and went straight back to Kaname's room. He really had no idea what he was doing and he was surely going to regret this.

This time he knocked, now feeling calmer and Kaname opened the door tiredly. "You're back."

"I couldn't sleep." He paused. "Can I come in?"

"You can come in whenever you want." He stepped back and led [name] into the room. "What are you doing back here?"

"I've been thinking about what you said. I've been thinking about it way to much and... you're freaking confused the hell out of me."

"Hey." Kaname gently placed his hand on his arm. "Stop freaking out. We're both tired. Just come lay with me and we can talk about this in the morning, okay?"

[name] was hesitant at first. He didn't know if he could do to sleep with all these thoughts in his head. He eventually agreed though and followed Kaname to the large bed and laid down, staring up at the ceiling. "Before... you said love... do you love me?" He had to ask before he went to sleep.

"I do love you."

That answer hadn't shocked him and when morning came he would have to decide if he said it back or not.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio