★ | 066. hidden, death note

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom
Chapter 66: Hidden, Death Note
Word Count: 805

Staying in a hotel room with Light and Misa wasn't exactly something [name] had on the top of his list of things he wanted to do

Staying in a hotel room with Light and Misa wasn't exactly something [name] had on the top of his list of things he wanted to do. No, if he made an actual list, that would probably be all the way down at the bottom. Unfortunately, L was his boyfriend and they also worked together so they had to be as close to the two annoying beings as possible.

He had his arms crossed against his chest as he leaned back on the couch, listening to the three in front of him argue about something so pointless and stupid that he didn't even really pay attention. He was more analysing their body movements.

"Why do you two have to be here twenty four seven? What if me and Misa want some alone time." Light snapped.

"We can all tell you really don't like her that much so excuse us if we don't believe you want to be alone with her." [name] responded, narrowing his eyes at the man he knew was Kira.

No matter how much he tried to hide it or deny it, it was a fact and [name] would prove it sooner or later... it was just taking later then he originally thought.

"Aw, they're not so bad." Misa started, walking over to the raven haired male and pressing a kiss on his check. "I think they're rather cute."

L brought his hand up to touch his now red cheek, looking at the girl with a rather dazed look in his eyes. "I could fall in love with you."

The detective on the chair snapped up, anger and jealousy boiling in his stomach. The worst part was he couldn't even do anything about it because they had to hide their stupid relationship. "Is everything okay there?" Light asked, trying to read the situation.

"Fine." He responded tensely. "I'm hungry. I'm going to get something to eat." He walked to the door and left, L watching him with pursed lips, following him soon after.

They were down stairs now and L finally caught up to him, grabbing his arm and turning him around. "Are you really hungry or are you just mad because of what I said?"

"Mm. I wonder what it could be? Why would I be mad that my boyfriend just said he could fall in love with someone else right in front of my face? No. I'm just fucking hungry."

"You're mad." L stated bluntly before signing. "I didn't mean it. It was just an act. The less suspicious Light is of us the better. You know he'll just use out relationship against us and I won't let that happen."

"You don't have to say shit like that though. Light has no idea about us. That I'm positive on. You know why? Because we act like we hardly know each other around him and I'm starting to feel that way. We're growing apart L, and that really sucks."

"We're not. We are fine." L replied stubbornly. "This will be over soon and we'll be back to normal. You know things have to be different now but I do not love you any less now than I had before we started this case. We are strong enough to get through this, please don't let him ruin us."

L reached out and grabbed his hand, the first sign of affection he had experienced in weeks. He looked down at their hands and sighed. "I'm just being annoying. I'll be fine."

He tried to walk away but L stopped him again. "Don't be like that. Please. You don't have to hide how you feel around me. I really will lose you if we start doing that."

"It's not like we can talk. Not really. Not here. We're taking a big risk doing it now. So just forget about it for now and when this is all over we can talk." He gave his hand a squeeze, wanting to kiss him but holding back. "You won't lose me. I guess, you'll just have to make me the promise that I'm not going to lose you either."

"I promise."

But that promise was never kept because [name] did lose him. In the worst way he could possible have. He watched him die and he held him in his arms as he took his last breath, tears streaming down his face, begging him not to leave him.

He knew. He knew Light was responsible and as he looked at L for the last time, he vowed to catch Light even if it killed him. He wouldn't rest until he got justice for the lover he lost.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio