target

I check my console and my dashboard and I still couldn't find my debit card I had ordered in the mail not long ago. It's only been two weeks and I've already lost it. He's going to be so mad. I could always call my sister see if she could find it, but she'll probably get annoyed with me bugging her while she's with her boyfriend.

I continue to look through the dashboard, then my wallet. Well, I have about five dollars, might as well see what I can get in Target for this much.

As soon as I walked in, I heard a song playing over the speakers, and what I'm guessing is the matching video on TV on the wall. It is super catchy, but it's really pop sounding, which isn't typically my choice of genre, but I no doubt wanted to listen more.

I got to the electronics and CDs, just scanning over each band name and album title. I picked up a Yellowcard CD, I know it's not what people do in 2019, but I like them, it's like holding a piece of the band in your hand. I didn't even look at the name of the album, it was a good punk band, and it is in my price range. Right when I am about to turn around and pay for my one item, I hear a nice loud "UuuUGgHh".

Not, sure it was a good 'ugh' or not, so I decide to look a few aisles over to where it came from. There, I saw a relatively tall guy with about shoulder length brown looking hair with a phone in hands filming the next aisle, so I look over to the next aisle to see what he was filming.

An average height person with bright, vibrant green hair, with his phone out shouting, "we don't even look that fucked up",with a laugh.

He turned around a few times, but that only brought my attention to the two guys hugging behind him. The tall one had brown shorter hair that was all parted to one side, and he had a nose piercing. I'm not saying he is fat or anything because he isn't by any means, but compared to the other two boys, he was built more broad than them.

The other boy, who had his arms around the taller boy, was the shortest of the group. His curly brown, longer hair was pulled back into a beanie, just to let the curls frame his face once more. From where I was standing, it was obvious they were excited, but I didn't know what about until I looked up back at the TV.

"Guys. Look. That's us", the green haired guy yells from excitement.

I couldn't help but let out an audible laugh. Oops. Blew my cover.

The guy turned his phone camera towards me behind the shelf of more CDs.

"What's funny, random person?",he laughs as he moves the camera to me, whilst walking closer.

I simply shook my head at his question and tried to hide my face with my hands.

"Oh, shit sorry, I forgot I was still recording",he apologizes.

"It's okay",I look down, moving a piece of hair behind my ear, "I didn't mean to-"

Before I could finish, he interjects, "no, don't worry. But look up there", he points to the screen, " that's us."

I look up to finally realize what was happening. He was sitting on top of an orange-red looking car being dramatic while singing lyrics to the unfamiliar song. While the other two boys were doing something.

"Yeah, I can see that. I'm sorry, but if I'm bothering you, I'll leave, I really didn't mean to interrupt anything",I apologize.

"Oh, it's fine, won't be a first, probably not the last anytime soon", he brushes off, "anyways, I like your make up, especially the stars under the eyes."

"Oh, I forgot those were there. I don't typically look like this. I swear. I was just filming a video- nevermind"

"Oh, okay, cool. So, you're not exactly freaking out or anything, I'm not trying to be rude, but do you listen to our band, we're called Waterparks?",he questions.

"Oh, well pop isn't really my forte-"

He once again interupts me,"we aren't pop exactly, we are classified as pop punk. Some songs are just more pop sounding than others. We're so much more than what we're labeled as. You should check out our album. It comes out this Friday"

"Well, I will be sure to give y'all a a listen. Keep me updated on it though",I smile at him.

"Oh, fuck, by the way I'm Awsten, I wish I could tell you that I'm not always this loud, but I'd be lying"

"I'm (y/n). Let me give you my number so you can keep me updated."

"Alright. Oh and about that video, I'll edit you out and post it in point fifteen seconds. Unless you want to be in it, but then that'll raise question in the fandom",he rambles.

"Okay", I say as I pull out my phone and call out the numbers.

He types in the numbers on his phone.

"What's your name?"

"(Y/n)",I respond.

"Fuck, okay. That's a really good name",he comments.

"Wow. Okay, I don't usually get told that",I tell him.

"So, I'll keep you updated, (y/n)",he says as he holds up his phone, assumably to take a photo, "no worries, it's for a contact photo".

"Welp, text me or call and I'll save your contact. I got to get going", I wave slightly, moving slowly, but still getting out of the same area as the interesting boy.

I wait in the short line til a register opened.

"Next!",the cashier called.

I walked up to her register and paid for my CD. As I search through my wallet for spare change, I find the green head of hair that I saw and met a few minutes ago behind me, along with his bandmates and that long haired dude. I find the extra change I needed,luckily, and walked out.

I got home and instantly started to question if this guy was just a stranger I would text once and then delete the number or can we actually be friends?