last chapter: I love you

It had been a few months, Awsten and I are doing great. He spends the night at my place, and I do the same at his, with Mia of course. She had gotten to speak words better and more words than before. Awsten will let her call him dad or refer to him as a father figure. At the specific moment, Awsten sits propped up on the arm of the couch listening to Mia ramble about her new puzzle as I lay one the loveseat perpendicular to the couch. Being the only one about to doze off, I try to keep a listen for anything that may go wrong.

"Look, daddy",she points at Minnie Mouse's ear from what I could tell.

Awsten shoots me a smile and look down to see what Mia may have been trying to show him, "yeah, I see. That's her ear."

"Are you sure you're okay with her calling you that?",I ask for the hundredth time since it's became a reoccurring thing.

A gleam sparks I his multicolored eyes as he looks up. It is different than other times. Something about it said something in a secret language I couldn't decipher. Like his own Morse code.

"Yeah. I'm fine with it",he replies.

"But, what if... we break up or something and she gets crushed?",I add, hesitantly, "not saying we will, but what if?"

"Okay, as far as I'm concerned, we're in this for the long run. And I'm never letting you go. I love you",he says.

The words ring in both of our heads as we realize what just happened. It was the first 'I love you'. It was bound to happen. We both been implying in everyway we could with out actually saying it.

"That's the first-",I am interested by a smile on his face, which causes one on mine.

He walks over to the loveseat and sits where my feet are, placing them back where they were, but in his lap. I don't take my eyes off him for a second, still semi-trying to keep a listen for Mia. He keeps his eye contact.

"It's okay. You don't have to say it back unless you want to. But, I do. I really love you",he says back.

I sit up, my legs dangling over his now. I smile and cup his face as I try to process the words of how I feel in three simple words. My mind being in shock, I tend to fail.

"I you too love. I mean, I love you too",I say, giggling at my mistake.

Our lips find a way to meet for a moment before we hear clapping from Mia. Her puzzle was finished, but she was looking at us with a big smile. I assume she sensed something big happen. We focus our main attention to her for now. Awsten went back to the arm of the couch as I sat next to her. We both clapped along with her. Trying to keep the beat of the one year old's hand clapping.

-----------------------------------------------

(A/N):Short chapter, I know, but I'm not quite sure how to end this book. If you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments and I'll try to incorporate them into the story somehow before I end it. Or should I end it here and post the sequel promotions already!?? Please let me know.