this is halloween

Just a quick side note or author note I guess. This chapter doesn't coordinate with the current drama or timeline, I thought it'd be fun to give a little Halloween chapter though, since it is in fact Halloween. On with the story

(Y/n) pov

"Kellen, you can't go as a giant-", Elijah starts.

"Why not? It's a harmless idea",Kellen defends.

"Harmless, there is kids around. They could be scarred for life. What's wrong with you",Elijah presses.

"Fine"

After hearing there loud conversation from the bathroom, I step into the livingroom to know exactly what's going on.

"What are you guys talking about?"

"Kellen wants to scar little kids with his dumb Halloween shit",Elijah answers, pointing to Kellen.

"No I don't. Not on purpose",he murmurs the last part.

"You not scaring my kid, keep it PG please",I offer, "oh, and Awsten will be here any minute, so you guys shouldn't be bored for too long".

I walk back to the bathroom and get Mia out of the tub and carry her to our room. I don't know what would happen or how I'll react if I let her walk and she fell. In the room, almost everything was silent except the faint noice of whatever happened to be on TV.

Getting her ready, I heard the front door open. I know who it is before he begins his "what's up"'s. We had texted eachother and he said he was close by, so it doesn't really surprise me.

"What's good?",he says excitedly.

"Well, your little gir-",Elijah starts, "I mean your friends that's a girl is in there taking care of her baby. Kellen and I are in here. What about you?"

"Meh, got bored, so I thought I'd come over here and hang with you idiots",Awsten laughs.

Getting Mia ready would go by quicker if she would just cooperate. As we take longer than we should have, I hear yells and the occasional laugh.

"Last I checked, I had the PhD",Elijah's voice echoes.

"Um, excuse me. I got one too, dipshit",Awsten laughs.

"Could you guys quit, they are fake",Kellen's deep voice exaggerates.

That's the last thing I hear before Mia climbs off the bed and runs to the livingroom, her fairy dress unsnapped in the back causing the outfit to hang off her shoulder and exposing most of her toddler body.

"Hey, Mia, don't you think-",Kellen starts, laughing between every few words.

"Don't you dare finish that joke.",I warn.

"Okay, fine."

Awsten and Elijah both burst into a fit at laughter as I warn the blonde boy. I ignore it, for the most part, and turn my attention back to the child.

"Are you going to let me fix your dress?",I ask her, placing my hands on my hips.

She climbs up on Awsten's lap, with his help, of course. She looks at me and shines a mischievous grin my way, subtly shaking her head.

"Hey, Mia. Do you need help fastening that?",Elijah asks, leaning up from the recliner in the living room.

Mia clings tighter to Awsten, embracing him in an armless hug.

"Mia, if you want to go have fun, you gotta get your costume on. Please just let me",I say as I remove my hands from my hips and reaching for her, she leans closer to Awsten.