a date? (pt. 2)

"Awsten, this is completely not what I was expecting. You shouldn't have done this. Especially for me",she let's go of my hand and examines the place, following me up the stairs, not seeing the true spot I chose.

We have to climb two flights of stairs to get there and maybe an elevator depending on whether or not we're tired by then. The spot is on top of the roof or this abandoned hotel, whose doors were unlocked, which Jawn told me to check out.

"Just wait. You haven't seen the actual place yet. They fancied this place up though",I smile, looking back at her.

We climb our way to the roof of the building, with scattered questions like glitter as of where and what I'm doing with her on this date. If it's even that. I just asked if she wanted to eat together. We get up to the roof and this time she drags me to the edge of the wall.

"Look, it's so pretty. The lights are really breathtaking",she says, still amazed by the sight.

"It's nothing compared to you",I compliment, "wanna go ahead and eat?"

No words escapes her lips as she nods her head for an answer. I take her hand in mine again and Lea her to the picnic blanket she hadn't noticed when we first got here. I sit beside her, taking the food out of the picnic basket, or in this case the gym I had bought and left up here earlier in the day. The first thing I pull out of the bag is some Mexican take out in a still warm to-go box. I lay it between us as I did with most of the other foods and snacks I decided to bring.

"Awsten, you shouldn't have brought me up here. I don't deserve it",she pleads as she eyes each of the food choices, lastly landing on the donuts I brought as dessert.

"Well, you have yet to prove different, so here we are",I motion towards the view of the city and the food.

"Thank you Awsten. I love it",she smiles, trying to cover her smile with her sleeve-covered hand.

We continue to eat over small talk, as a too familiar topic comes up. Exes. Everyone pretty much knows all the horrors of my exes. It's even in my book.

"You know. I haven't had a boyfriend do this for me ever."

'Boyfriend'. The word rings through my mind. I like that title. Maybe one day, I'll live true to it. I got to get my timing right.

"Well, I'm not like your past boyfriend's. You deserve the whole world",I mention.

"Boyfriend. It's not plural or not with real technical, serious relationships. The rest were all call me your girlfriend for a week or weekend and I'll let you copy my homework",she looks down, at assumably nothing in particular.

"Oh. Do you mind me asking, when was this boyfriend? What happened?",I ask.

"Oh, uh, senior year. The whole situation isn't exactly one to bring up over a first date... or whatever this is."

"Do you want it to be a date?", I continue to Chow down on the food I had on my paper plate.

"Uh, yeah. I geuss if we have to put a label on it, that'd be the right one", she pauses between bites and swallowing to speak, "what about you? Any exes? What happened?"

"You don't know? And you consider yourself a fan of our band?",I say faking shock, "I'm just playing. Though most everyone already knows. My most recent one was in early twenty eighteen. She drunkenly video called me and she was in another guy's bed, with him pretty evident in the background", a frown attacks the smile from my face momentarily, "the one before that is way more complex. I don't like bringing that up, but now she's Otto's girlfriend. That's all I'm saying. And those are the only two the fandom knows about, since they know everything."

"Im guessing thats what your songs are about then, huh?",she muses, popping a nacho chip with salsa in her mouth.

"Most, yeah. But I'm tired of break up songs, which some what explains this album. Anyways", I say, lifting my beverage, offering her a slight shy smile, "here's to shitty relationships and the start of a better one", she clinks our plastic cups together.

"Amen to that. Can't wait to see where this'll take us. This date I mean", she smiled.

"You know what I can't wait for?",she mentions out of the blue, after not really silence, but us both enjoying the others presence.

"Hmm",I answer, hoping she didn't catch the blush on my face.

"The future."

"What about the future?", I ask, not necessarily following, as I finish off my nachos.

"Well, with the whole Mia adoptions, and my YouTube finally being shown to a wider audience, and this cute guy actually showing interest in me- I don't know- it's all I've ever really hoped for. My dream gas always been to have an affect on people's lives for the better, and it feels like I'm finally doing that",as she lays down on her back, looking at the clouds.

I follow suit as soon as I finish my food, which she had hers. We spend the next half hour talking about things we'd never told eachother as friends. It is more of a connection thing. We were friends before, we'd talk about our plans next Tuesday or something funny we remembered from high school. This time, it's deeper. All those months ago, we didn't talk about our hopes for the future or past exes or things we kept in the depths of our minds that we feel are to deep to share with just anybody. I never want to let this feeling go. EVER.

"Can't you stay all tour? Or forever? Like you just never leave my side ever?",I ask, hoping it didn't come off sarcastic because it wasn't. I genuinely want her to stay forever.

Another half hour later, we were searching for the bus. I didn't want to be late for soundcheck and make everyone mad, especially Lucas. He's our tour manager and he could easily have secret manager superpowers I don't know about. On the bright side, I got to have (y/n) with me longer, and her hand in mine longer.

"Awsten, not to be pessimistic, but are sure this is the right way? I mean, we've past the same building three times, are you one hundred percent sure this way won't take us back to the same building?",she sighs, following beside me.

"I think so. Isn't this the way we came?",my eyebrows knit together for the tenth time, or so it feels like that many, in past two minutes.

Eventually we make it to the bus, I can't say we were exactly on time, but it wasn't too bad, just five- or twenty- minutes late. I'm hoping Lucas doesn't notice or yell at us. Considering, I was able to sneak in and not get yelled at right off thw bat, was a miracle. We still have later. The day carries on like a normal tour day, soundcheck, hangout in greenroom, concert, bus, and then sleep. Knowing I had my favorite person beside me, helped me sleep all the better. No, it's not Geoff, the fanfictions are wrong that I read on the podcast.

I have to say, (y/n) got along with Geoff, Otto, Lucas and the guys. She really got to know them. Even when we hung around after the show.