an adult conversation

A week later:

Awsten: hey, I'm back in La. What's good

(Y/n):hi! It's boring here. Thank the Lord someone interesting is here. Lol

Awsten: if you're so bored, come hang out. Not like have anything better to do.

(Y/n):you sure?

Awsten: wouldn't have asked if I wasn't sure, duh

(Y/n): okay, if your sure
(Y/n): hate to be an inconvenience, but do you have room for one adult human plus one?

Awsten: yeah, I geuss
Awsten: I'll send you my address then we'll go from there if that's okay with you

(Y/n):okay, yeah, that fine.
(Y/n): thank you for curing the boredom

Awsten: yeah, thank me too. Lol
Awsten: 1037 paturmay Dr
Awsten: that's my weird address. Enjoy. Have fun

(Y/n): oh, hey, that close to my non-imaginary nonbiological cousin, who is just a friend and a friend only.

Awsten: oh, cool. Its close to my friends and it got me away from the place I had with my now ex

(Y/n): wow, I'm sorry.

Awsten: don't be. Oh, I should probably mention, my friends i just mentioned are coming over shortly

(Y/n): speaking of friends...
(Y/n): your address is 1037 Paturmay drive, your number is *inserts number*, your birthday is January 17th
(Y/n): pink
Tantrum
Telephone
I'll always be around
Powerless
Sleep alone
(Y/n): scroll back in our messages and you'll know what I sent you. I'm not a stalker, we've been talking for like a week and it's amazing what one will find on the internet.
(Y/n):you've earned the priveledge of me giving you my address

Awsten:nah, I remember. No need to scroll.
Awsten:besides, I already know your p.o. box so I can send you things.

(Y/n): it's about to change... But please don't send me anything weird

Awsten: well that ruins my plans.

(Y/n): on my way to your place. Want anything, I could get you coffee or something on my way

Awsten: coffee would be great
I'll pay you back when you get here
Delivered

Awsten pov:

I remain on my couch, where I have been since I got home two days ago. Part of me was happy that I wasn't the only one who remembered the text messages from a week or so ago between us, but another part of me was worried. Worried for two reasons. One reason being, how things will go between (y/n) and I. It had took so long to get over her that I didn't know if I wanted to put myself through it again if anything were to go wrong and the other reason is Madison.

She texted me for the first couple days, but then she just stopped and I don't know if she's okay or not. I'm trying hard to not let any of them bother me. I put my phone back in my pocket as I hear a knock on the door.

I get up with a groan to go answer it. I twist the gold, cold knob to unveil a a very stressed looking (y/n), with a hint baby with her head on her shoulder. She walks in and offers my coffee.

"Thank you. If you had your hands full I wouldn't have accepted the offer",I mention, beginning to slide my wallet out of my pocket, "here let me pay you back"

"No need. It really.. really okay, I got me one too. I didn't know what you liked so I got you the same thing I got. And Americano",she smiles.

"That's fine. That's typically what I get anyways. Who's this?",I ask, pointing slightly at the child.

"This is Mia. Actually she's asleep, and I hate to ask, but is there anywhere without people she could sleep quietly?",she ask. Her eyes glistened as she tried her best to keep the baby tight in her grip without breaking the child.

"Uh, yeah, she can sleep on my bed, it right through there to the right, the first room",I point as I give her directions.

She followed my directions and I went into the kitchen to get some sugar for my coffee. Not a lot, just enough to keep me awake or whatever. (Y/n) came wandering back into the main area, it's a living room and kitchen combined. She invited herself to sit on the couch. I did the same. I sat next to her, not too close, but on the next cushion. I had got a text from Madison just as I thought of something to say, and I know what it's like to feel ignored, it's not the best thing to feel when you're in a not so good headspace, so texted her back.

Fifteen minutes pass and all is done is say nothing and keep texting this fifteen year old.

"So, who are you texting? Anyone interesting?",she ask, trying to start conversation.

"Uh, she's pretty interesting. I'm just trying to keep her mind off things.",I explain.

"Cool, I think."

"The guys should be here pretty soon. I don't want to sound judgmental or anything, but who's Mia? Like how are you related?",I ask, not entirely sure how to ask.

"Oh, well, I've spent the last week alone with her and she is a hand full. I'm trying to get her so she's healthy and not just skin and bones. And she hasn't spoke much or really wanted to be with anyone else but me and that worries me, like what-",she stops herself from saying too much and her face goes red, "sorry, I-"

I interupts her this time, "don't apologize. But if I may ask, I'm interested to know anything you'll tell me about anything",giving her a reassuring smile.

She smiles back, just to resume what she was saying, nervously, "I'm afraid the trauma may have done something to her. Or made it to where she is afraid to be alone somehow. I don't know."

20 minutes later we were still talking about odds and ends, whatever came to our minds we talked about. Though, I was slightly less interesting since I didn't have to talk about but the few friends I have and the band's success. She talked about the wildest things, for instance, she said so.ething earlier about Greek mythology and how Seus is the main reason demi because of his infidelity to his wife/sister.

Wow.

I will admit, there was a little bit of flirting, harmless flirting. I liked our conversation, but I wondered where the guys were.