moving in

It had been a couple of months since I had accepted the offer of moving into Awsten's building. After about a three or so weeks of thinking about it, I decided it would probably be best for Mia and I relationship as gaurdian and child. It also gave me access to see Awsten everyday. Our relationship has been going well. We finally decided to tell others two weeks ago, which is also when I told them I was moving. It all seemed to happen all at once.

Today, however, is the day I move into the apartment. The layout of the kitchen and living room was a carbon copy of Awsten's place. The bedrooms were a bit different. The master bedroom was the last door on the right side of the hall, which was next to the bathroom. Mia's room is right across the hall from the master room, but it had an attached bathroom. I thought it'd be convenient.

The geust bedroom was attached directly to the living room with nothing but a wall and a door separating the two. All, which lead up to having to move in all our stuff. I place the box of dishes and kitchen appliances on the counter and turn to Awsten. He comes to meet me at the counter and presses me against it in a tight hug. I obviously returning the hug.

"She asleep finally?",I ask as Awsten pulls away.

"Oh yeah. Looks like her favorite fruit is blueberries. A couple of those she stopped crying and eventually fell asleep",he explains, placing a soft kiss to my forehead.

"Thank you for helping me with all this",I smile.

"No problem. Glad to help",he smiles back, "anymore boxes need to be brought in?"

"Oh, you don't have to do that. There is only a few and I can get 'em",I brush off.

"No, ready it's no trouble."

I walk towards the door after finally giving into him wanting to help. We brought in the last boxes, which went into Mia's room. We carefully snuck out. I pull the door shut very carefully not to slam it and meet Awsten on the couch. I couldn't help but smile as I cuddled up against his side. He placed his arm around my shoulders, also smiling.

"Want anything for dinner?",he breaks the silence.

"I'm down for anything",I admit honestly.

Just then his eyes light up and he jumps to an upright sitting position. He excuses himself, saying he'll be back in a second, before leaving out the door. I spend the quiet minutes looking through various social media platforms. Most of it is filled with shocked surprises that I had moved yet again, others were tweets that makes very little sense or controversy. Just as another tweet notification comes up. It was Awsten. The tweet was in all caps as usual with the words: 'GONNA MAKE DINNER FOR PEOPLE ORANGE JUICE STREAM FANDOM'. My mind laughed at the ramble, but I appreciate the dinner part.

As I look up from my phone, I see the door slowly open as Awsten struggled to get in. His arms were holding spaghetti sauce, garlic bread, spaghetti noodles, and extra miscellaneous ingredients for what I assumed to be spaghetti. I giggle as I try to get up.

"No, you sit down. I got this", he says upon seeing me.

"Spaghetti. That's a little cheesy, don't you think?", I tease as I take a seat.

"Maybe so, but you've worked all day trying to get boxes up two flights of stairs and the furniture in this place in an elevator. You have to take a break. Now, where's the pots and pans?",he asks.

"In one of those boxes next to a fridge", I laugh, "and you got it backwards. The boxes were getting up here by elevator and the furniture were by the two flights of stairs."

He smiles as he cuts open the taped box and pulls out a pan for the meat and pot for the noodles. It's takes about thirty minutes for Awsten to get the food done and served. The table only had two chairs, considering we hadn't bothered getting the other two at the table. While we ate, the whole house fell even quieter, except the conversation between Awsten and I.

"So, hypothetical question, although it maybe too soon, but, do you ever think about future things?",he mentions, referencing something I had said earlier.

"Yeah. Totally. It freaks me out a little bit because I'll be thinking it one way and another person would be thinking my life completely different from me, then we both turn out wrong. Why? Do you?",I ask him before shoving a fork full of spaghetti in my mouth.

"Yeah. I do. Actually, I do a lot more than what is probably healthy",he mentions, a smirk playing on his face.

"What's that face for?",I ask.

"Nothing. It's nothing",he smiles wider.

"Okay, I'll believe you for now",I tease.

He looks down at his plate, fidgeting with his fork on his empty plate. As I get done, he walks around to where I sit and pick up the plate. These gestures could never get old.

"Done? Want more?"

"Nah, I'm fine, Awsten."

He takes the plate a short ways to the kitchen and places it in the sink. He turns on the water, puts the dish soap in the sink and nearly gets started washing dishes. I walk over, hugging him from behind, placing small kisses to his neck. Without warning, Awsten dries his hand on the only available hand towel and spins around, leaning against the sink. Catching me off guard, he presses his lips to mine in a passionate kiss.

After a few moments, he stands straight up, cupping my face to kiss a few more times. I hop up and wrap my legs around his waist. My arms snake around his neck while his arms were holding me up by the butt. We stayed there just kissing, not expecting to take it far. That's when he walked over to the sofa and laid me down on my back, meanwhile he remains on top of me.

It got steamy when there was a very verbal,"mommy!",coming from the next room.

I push him off so he landed softly in the seated position on the sofa. Mumbling an apology, I get up and reevaluate myself, going to Mia's room.  I picked her up off the bed and brought to the living room on my hip.

"She's fine. She just woke up and didn't want to be alone",I look at Awsten with an apologetic smile.

"It's fine. It's cool. I get it",he smiles, pushing the green hair out of his eyes.

"Are you sure?",I ask, still feeling guilty.

"It's okay. I promise. I live literally right below this apartment, therefore, probably gonna be a lot of instances where things happens",he smiles.

"Thank you for dinner",I try to change the subject, while comforting Mia.

"No problem. I enjoyed doing it. Just gotta finish dishes",he says with no effort to get up.

I lean against his side, which lead to his arm being around my shoulders. Mia managed to somehow fit between the two of us and try to make a little conversation. It went about as expected. She knew little words, so it was compromised.