kellen

(y/n)'s pov

It's been a few days after the hospital situation. It's odd that Awsten and I have spent those few days apart, but we kept in contact by texting or calling. As much as it doesn't make sense to me and I've only known him for a short amount of time, I really miss being in his presence.

"(Y/n)!",I heard a deep voice call, with a door shutting behind him.

"Kellen, you gotta let me know you're here, you can't just walk into my house like that all the time",I call back to him from the bathroom mirror.

I look out the open bathroom door only for Kellen to block my vision of the apartment behind him, leaning in the door way.

"What are you doing?",he asks, an amused smile on his features.

"Trying to dye my hair",I say as if it was obvious, should have been.

"Okay, if you say so. Where's Mia?",he asks next.

"In there, on my bed, probably asleep. She's slept a lot recently",I said.

As if he couldn't ask anymore questions, he has had to ask, "why? Are babies supposed to sleep that much?"

"I don't know. Maybe. There's not really much to do around here, considering I don't have toys for her",I respond.

"What about the-"

"Kellen, if you finish that sentence with what's in the back of my closet, you'll be sorry."

"Really, aren't you too busy dying your hair",he mocks.

"Go away. I didn't invite you over",I smile at the blonde, trying to reach for the back of my hair, and failing.

"Maybe not- do you need fucking help with the back? Looks like you're struggling."

"Please",I tell him, he takes the dye from my give covered hands after putting gloves on himself and starts to massage it into my head.

"Hey, so. Uh, I was wondering, what would you do or how would react if one of your friends wanted to be more than friends?",he ask casually, still slightly massaging my head.

"Uh, it depends on who it is. Like if it was Elijah, I'd be very hesitant and confused, well, because he's with Sam and he's hella gay. Okay Boomer, does that answer your question."

"Well, well, well, looks who finally caught up on trends.",he laughs, I feel my hair hit the back of the towel around me, "I was just asking because- because ... I-I-I... Nevermind."

"Okay, that's fine. You hungry, I can whip you up something really quick while this stuff sits for a bit",I offer, leaving the bathroom, Kellen following shortly behind.

"I don't care. I won't force you to fix anything."

I nod slowly. My mind kept boomeranging to the question Kellen asked and thoughts of Awsten. Why Awsten? I don't know. Kinda odd, considering it's been a couple days since we've seen eachother.

I reach my hand to the fruitbowl in the center of the counter and grab an apple, mindlessly picking up a knife too, with my other hand.

"Apple?",I offer Kellen.

"Sure. Why not."

I start to peel the peeling off the green apples, making sure my fingers are out the way.

"So, how's YouTube going?"

"Oh, well after that home vlog, I posted a video of fan questions and not much had happened since. Oh. And since they saw Awsten in the back ground- because he was helping me with Mia so she wouldn't disturb the video, people don't know about her yet and the less she interupted the less editing I had to do. Anyways, back to what I was originally saying. Since they saw Awsten in the background, they want me and him to do some sort of collab on my channel or something. But I'm kinda stuck on ideas. I'm not a beauty guru,but it's either I do a parx inspired make up-probably high def or some album colors- or a q and a, but I haven't asked Awsten yet. He's been busy, with fliers, this while opener drama, recording some stuff before tour, promoting the new album and band in general.  I just, I don't know. I don't want to wreck his schedule for some petty YouTube shitpost",I say looking up from where my attention had been focused.

I felt a sharp stinging pain shoot through the side of my finger and released the knife, the pain being to much for me to touch the knife. I wince at the pain.

"What did you do?",Keelen asks, as if he isn't surprised. Knowing me, I am not completely surprised either.

I pull my finger closer to where I can get a look at the wound. The blood spewing from cut drizzling down my finger.

"I cut it."

"(Y/nick/n), you gotta be careful. Let me look at it. How bad is it?",he asks, walking around my counter from where he sat on a stool, to where I was standing behind it, "got any band aids and medicine?"

I held up my finger in front of his face, realizing I had just accidently flipped him the middle finger. Great. I nod at him, as he grabs my hand and adjust it so he can see the cut on my "no no" finger as kids would call it.

"Where is your bands aids?"

"First aid kit, under the left side of my bed",I respond.

He pulls me into the room, as quietly as possible to not wake the toddler in there.

We bandaged my finger, and rinced the pastel dye out of my hair. Then, Kelen took over the apple peeling and we enjoyed the healthy snack together, with our own apples anyways. He ate his whole and with the peeling, I eat mine in pieces like a child.

"So, is your hair supposed to be pastel? Or did you leave in bleach too long?",he laughs.

"Kellen?",he hums in response, "where is Elijah?"

"At home, why?"

"Oh no reason, just thought you'd rather be there instead of here when I eat your little gremlin toes for insulting my hair. It's new you know",I tell him, pointing to the door.