highway to you

Awsten:
Everything alright? You've been inactive for almost two hours.

Me: Hey, um idk if everything is fine. But when is the next show I can attend that isn't sold out? Care if hang around a few days?

Awsten:
Next date is salt lake City, hop on a plane and I'll pick you up when you land. And as for the sold out part of that, I'll geust list you or you could be me plus one.

Everything okay?

...

_________hours later_________

Me:
I'm looking for a ticket now, the earliest I can find is landing over there by eight, so I'll have to get up pretty early.

Awsten:
We could do that. I'll just have to wake up and go get you.

Me: but if your shows end late, it wouldn't be fair to you.

Awsten: fine, Otto sleeps the most, I'll send him.

Me: no, he is up just
as late as you are.

Awsten: no arguing!!! Me and Jawn will pick you up❤️❤️

It takes me two hours to get back to the house, needless to say it wouldn't have taken as long if I didn't pull over. I've never really been one to show my emotions much and if I did, that person is very special to me, so to pull over like that is just out of the ordinary. I sat there, alone in the vehicle on the side of the road for thirty minutes just crying. Crying because I couldn't get an innocent child away from a demon, because I was mad at myself, or because I felt bad I was kinda using Awsten to get away from this headspace. Would he understand?

Once I got home from the drive, I went to the kitchen, to look for some kind of comfort food. It what foodies, like me, tend to do. I manage to place some pepperoni pizza rolls in the microwave oven, deciding it would have to do. Before the one minute was up, Awsten's faced graced the screen of my phone.

"Hey, uh, didn't know to- erm- ask or anything or if you actually want to talk about it, but are you sure your okay?",he starts off slow, but begins to ramble.

"No, I'm not completely fine", as I finish my confession, my pizza rolls were done, signified by a ding from thw microwave itself, "hold on, gotta do something. I'mma put you on speaker", I did as I said I would.

"Okay. You can't just tell me your not fine then not tell me why. Believe it or not, I fucking care. Not to pressure you or anything, but if you wanna talk I'm here."

"Yeah, I'll talk about it, eventually, but not over the phone. I'm really sorry, Awsten."

"For what?"

"Just felt the need to say sorry."

"Are you sure? I don't want you to feel like I'm pressuring you or any-", before he can continue with his reputation I stop him.

"Yes, I'm sure", I take the plate and head to my room.

I place my phone next to the plate of pizza rolls on the dresser to find my laptop.

"Okay, so, let's talk about something else. How about how excited you are to see me",I joke.

"Oh, I don't know, this girl, meh, pretty basic, steals hoodies, does videos for the interwebs is coming too, I think im more excited to see her",I hear a muffled snicker from the phone, knowing it was Awsten giggling at his own joke.

I open my computer, as I smile at his sarcasm, remembering he couldn't see me, "oh, fine, choose her over me, but we sound a lot alike, do I perhaps know her?"

"Oh, I don't think so, she's super pretty, pastel blueish purple hair, nice smile, very caring and supportive, nothing like you."

I let out a laugh, still trying to focus in on my task of looking for a plane ticket, occasionally popping a pizza bite into my mouth.

"So, watcha doing?",he asks.

"Looking for a ticket to go see you."

A comfortable silence rings through the room, but he's still on the phone. As weird as it sounds, hearing him breathe over the phone, knowing he doesn't hang up when in silence is so calming to me. I decide on a flight then look at prices. Most of them are in my price range, so it isn't too much of an uproar.

"Okay, so I just booked my flight. I should land over there by at least ten-thirty. Sound good?"

"Not to be that cheesy, cliche guy, but as long as it keeps us close in some way, it sounds good to me."

That night, after I hung up the two hour long call, I went to watch movies with the kids that were at a possible friends house or in their room, meaning it was just Malachi, Blake, Milla, Bryce and myself. Nothing to insignificant happened. After two or three or a marathon of Pixar movies, I finally found the motivation to not procrastinate packing.

In my room, I shove four shirts of mine (and the chaos hoodie) into my suitcase, along with two pairs of jeans, one pair ripped, a pair of comfy sweatpants, and some extra pairs of pants that I probably should've took note of. I pack a the necessities, tooth brush, hair brush, common needs for a human. And finish it off with my cables and chargers ontop of my laptop carrier bag on top of my clothes.

After packing, I felt exhausted, so I retired to my bed, pushing my mind away from thoughts of the court today. Eventually, not long after trying to keep my thoughts away from the touchy subject, my eyes kids fell closed as I fell asleep.

You can bet I sat an alarm for nine in the morning, which gladly woke me up and struck me with the realization, I see Awsten today. That was enough to motivate me to get out of bed. I got dressed and ready to leave. Everyone else was asleep, so I decided to leave a note that I'm going to the airport. I mean, they already I'd go see Awsten and all that because I told them last night that I would.