good kisser

Awsten's pov

So, today we are in Portland, I think, but we don't have a show til tomorrow. We did get here pretty fast last night. Instead of staying in that cramped bus for the day off, we decided to get a hotel room. Early this morning, about two, we got to the hotel and got our rooms. Otto and Geoff ended up in one room. In another is Zakk and Lucas. In the room I'm in is Jawn, (y/n) and myself. Currently, me and the guys are out at some sort of knock off Starbucks.

We are mostly talking about different tour things. I, shockingly, am quiet throughout most of the conversation. One reason being is trying to save my voice so I don't lose it when we do have a show. Another reason being is this unsettling feeling.

"Hey, Awsten, you okay? Awful quiet today",asks Otto, genuine concern in his tone.

The guys pause their conversation to avert their attention towards me, waiting for an answer, "yeah, just trying to save my voice. But also, why the fuck can people think it's okay to say whatever they want on social media, especially when they say shit like- nevermind. It's useless to complain about",I stop myself.

"You know, you could just ignore it",Jawn speaks up, as if it's the obvious thing to do.

I get it. I could ignore and a lot of the time I do. But, this time it's different. I don't know why, but saying things about me, I can live with. I'm used to it. This time, their dragging one of the most beautiful, caring, most selfless person I know into to their pity comments. That's not okay with me. What if she's seen it? What if my comment on it made her she it because she follows me? This is ridiculous.

"Wish it were that easy this time. Its easier to brush off when it's about me and my dumb life decisions, but that's not the case this time."

"What'd they say? Who was it about?",Geoff chimes in.

"This person was saying shit like (y/n) is an annoying stalker and we don't even like her or something like that. It's dumb, probably to react like this when we've only been on one date and she's technically not even my girlfriend, yet, but I still don't think it's right for people to say shit like that about her, especially when they don't know her."

"Just ask her to be your girlfriend already, Geez",Otto half jokes.

"Gotta wait for the right time. And I don't think tour is the right time or place. Maybe when tour is over or something. Although, I do not know how that'll work as she now lives in Houston."

"Well, you may need to talk to her and ask if she's seen it? See how it's affecting her",Lucas butts in.

"I got to get back to the hotel. (Y/n)'s sick, I don't want to leave her by herself",I tell the guys, standing up, grabbing my wallet.

"You knocked her up already?",Otto laughs.

"Fuck you. We've only kissed. How can someone get pregnant from kissing?",I defend.

"Damn, you must be one hell of a good kisser",Jawn muses, causing the other three boys to laugh.

"Fuck all of you. I'm leaving",I look down, hiding the not-so-amused smile on my face.

I, then, leave the cafe to begin the short walk to the hotel. I push the door open and step into the hotel room, hearing the gross sounds of being sick.

"Everything okay?",I asks after a few knocks on the door.

"Yeah, I'm fine",she paused with a hesitant moment of quiet,"don't come in here, please",she calls to me.

With my hand still on the knob, I release and take a step back from the door. She's been sick for a good twenty four hours, but not this sick, so that rules out it being a bug. I can't help but wonder what caused this. She opens the door to the bathroom and walks out in front of me, stopping with a good foot between us.

"Are you sure you're okay?",I ask, worried, "do you know what caused this?",I ask.

"Maybe- I don't know. Nevermind",she backs down.

"You can tell me if you do know",I encourage.

"I know. It's just... Just that I don't know for sure what it is",she admits.

"I'm sorry you feel so bad",I take a step closer and wrap her in my arms.

"I'm sorry too. You are supposed to be on voice rest and here I am making you speak for no good reason",she says, you could practically here the frown in her words.

"Don't say that. If you want the truth, Geoff, Jawn and Otto are the main three reasons I even began to speak today, which reminds me. Did you happen to see anything on Twitter that may not have been nice?",I ask, breaking the embrace to sit on the hotel bed, next to (y/n).

"Oh, that I'm an annoying stalker? Yeah I saw. People are pricks though, so maybe I'm okay with it?"

"But you shouldn't be. I'll kick their gremlin asses if they do it again. You don't deserve it. You're the exact opposite of what they said you were", I lay a hand on hers and give a reassuring squeeze.

"Thank you Awsten. And for the way you defended me on Twitter. I've already texted Elijah thanking him. You guys really didn't need to."

"Yes we did. We really lo- I mean we respect you being in our lives and if we weren't there to protect and defend you, what kind of shitty friends would we be?"

"The shittiest kind",she laughs, "hey, I just got an idea. It may not be a good one, but it's pretty funny."

"What is that?"

"Well, since we're still on tour, we could film in different places for a shitpost music video to one of your songs, that way we don't get copyrighted",she smiles.

"Not a bad idea. Up for it, we gotta ask the guys though, if they want to be in it and all that. 'Til then, do you just want to stay here and watch TV, see if that helps either of us?"

She nods and we both reposition on the bed to where we are laying beside eachother, hand in hand. She is under the covers, however I'm not. We turn the TV on and to our surprise the hotel had Netflix. We found The Office, which I didn't oppose watching, and she agreed.