everything is okay.

"miss (y/l/n)",the receptionist calls.

She gets up from where she was sitting beside me and walks to the counter.

"Ma'am, you have to sign these papers."

She accepts them and comes back.

"What's that?",I ask.

"Papers. But I don't know anything about Mia except that she is really sweet and her name. So this is pointless."

"Fill out what you know",I advise," then talk to the receptionist lady."

"Good idea."

It goes quiet for a little bit and somewhere in the silence,(y/n) gave the papers back and had a small talk with the lady. When she came back, I couldn't help but to question my knowledge of the two girls.

"Can I ask you something?",I speak up.

"Sure"

"I don't know how to ask. It's gonna be so butchered",she gave me a confused look when I paused, "but, how do you have responsibility of Mia. Like are you her mom or like, how is that.. yeah. I'm not asking to be rude, but you seem to be very fond of her and treat her like she's your daughter, but you said you didn't know her information, so I'm confused now."

"Oh. Long story short, she came into the home and she cried bloody murder 'til she came with me. She doesn't seem to be very in favor of leaving my side that much."

I was going to say something, but right when I opened my mouth, the doctor came up to us. It's obvious we were with Mia. We were the only ones in the lobby.

"Miss, I got to ask you some questions",he states, "can we do this in private?"

"Uummm, actually we can do this right here. He's no problem or distraction. He can be apart of this",she tells him.

"Miss, to start off, she is breathing again. But I am forced to ask. She is underweight. Have you starved her?"

"What? Hell no. I'm trying to get her to average weight again. That wasn't me. I've only known her for at most a week and a few days",she defends.

"Ma'am, I'm gonna ask you again, but I need you to be completely honest-",I couldn't take this. I had to interrupt.

"Okay, I'm sorry to interrupt, but how could you say she's starving her. I've been with the two for a good two or three days, she's never once even tried to hurt a fucking hair on Mia's body. How could you even ask her that?",I snap.

"Sir, calm down. It's just a question and both of you should tell the truth."

"No. We didn't starve her or hurt her in anyway",(y/n) pleads.

"Ma'am, you did hurt her. Did you know she's allergic to nuts?"

My eyes went wide at the statement. I hurt little Mia?

"Now we ran some test, she is breathing again, but we want to keep her into tomorrow, just to make sure she is okay. You guys want to see her? She's in her room"

"I didn't know. I'm so sorry. If I knew I wouldn't have given her the Hershey's. I'm so sorry, (y/n)",I apologize as soon as the doctor is out of earshot.

She stands up, vying for my eye contact. I look her in the eyes, meaning she got what she wanted.

"Don't, be sorry. Neither of us knew. It's really not your fault. You shouldn't blame yourself",she said, holding out her hand,"come on, let's go see her"

Surely enough we did. We walked into the room the doctor lead us to. Mia's little body was lying on the bed. Her face was a little red, but going back to its original pale color, her eyes were lightly closed as she slept. She looked so peaceful, but that didn't stop the guilt. Guilt for being the one who put her here.

(Y/n) walks up beside her as I take a seat in the uncomfortable hospital chair to distance myself, maybe, subconsciously, to not cause any more trouble.

After a few moments of being in my thoughts for too long, (Y/n) comes back to sit beside me. Since the chair was almost like a shortened couch, it's possible for two people to sit here.

"I am really sorry."

"Don't be Awsten. You didn't know, I didn't know. No need to feel guilty",she claims.

"But, I could've killed her. Didn't you hear the doctor. She's allergic to nuts".

"That's true, but we didn't know",she says leaning her head on my shoulder.

Sooner than I know, I am lower in the seat and her sleeping head is on my chest, her feet on the arm of the chair. Despite being in a hospital, this felt right. (Y/n)'s sleeping on me, in the presence of Mia. I don't know what it is.

I took the chance while everyone was asleep to finally speak my mind. Hoping no one could hear me, "you're so fucking beautiful. Too bad I can't have any of this. For one, Kellen has more of a chance if he ever got enough courage to ask you. I know he likes you more than you think he does. And I- well, I got your in about three weeks. That just puts a damper on everything",I say, moving a strand of hair from her face.

They both looked so peaceful and beautiful in different ways. I want something like this. But, it's not exactly easy for me. I got touring and travelling, then there is also, that scared hurt part of me that doesn't want reruns if past relationships.

I drift into a sleep as my thoughts if hopelessness cloud my mind. It's not a peaceful sleep, but it's sleep. My arm lays across (y/n)'s small frame, the other propped on the chair arm that her feet weren't on, the one next to me. My head lay on the back of the chair, my mouth slightly open. That'll hurt tomorrow.

⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫

I awake with a crick in my neck from the uncomfortable chair. (Y/n)'s head was still on my chest, Soni tried not to move too much to wake her. The sun was not even out yet, which made me question what time it is. The darkness of the room consumed the small surroundings, but outlined the shapes. When my phone lit up on the round, tall-ish table beside me, I reached for it with the arm that wasn't around (y/n).

The first thing I did was check the time. 3:42 am. Too early for my liking. The notification that caused my phone to light up was a text. One from Madison saying she can no longer text me. The unsettling feeling that caused is unreal, but also, maybe she was feeling better? Or at least that's what I hoped. I sent her a text telling her that I hope she's okay.

After a few hours, around daylight, (y/n) lifted her head and averted her attention from the sunset window to me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you",she offers me a sweet smile.

"No problem. Oh, and the doc came in here checking on Mia, he said you'd have to sign the papers get the EpiPen thing or whatever, then we can leave."

Sure enough, we did. We spent the rest of the day keeping a cautious eye on Mia and just enjoying eachother's presence.