Post-Holiday Thoughts

Awsten's Pov   

The day before I gave (y/n) her present, I had stayed up until early morning hours trying my best to come up with a way to say this so she doesn't hate it and say no to it. Then, Christmas came and after I gave her the ring she wanted, I haven't had the right timing, especially after Allyson walk in. I had completely forgot she was in my bathroom. That night both girls stayed over. Allyson in the living room, (y/n) in mine, after everyone was asleep because she claims she couldn't. Now it's three days later and she's been home for two. Whereas I, have been trying to think something up to say to her. I don't want to do this over text nor in a song, but I have had made a demo while I am thinking.

Currently, I sat at the counter face timing Elijah and Sam over my laptop. Nothing too out of the ordinary. The video chat comes and goes with the time. Like clockwork, Gracie and Allyson walk through the door.

"Hey, brother",Gracie exclaims.

"Hey annoying person",I smile, somewhat earning a breathy laugh from Allyson walking in behind Gracie, "Where have y'all been?"

"A magical place called Hogwarts. Or Narnia. Which ever is more believable",Allyson inquires, pulling her dirty blonde hair into a quick ponytail.

"What have you been doing?",Gracie asks.

"Trying to think-",I am interrupted by my younger cousin.

"Thinking of a way to ask out your little girly friend",she questions knowingly, Gracie giving an knowing smile as well.

"She isn't my girlfriend",I spin on my barstool to see the girls seated at the table with the snacks they got from the fridge, "yet."

"Whatcha got so far?",Gracie questions further.

"Nothing. I mean, I have a lot written, got a great demo, just don't want it to be lame or cheesy or the wrong timing",I confess.

The girls pause for a moment, giving each other a look as if they are telepathically communicating. After a split second, they both surround me at my computer.

"Well reading the lyrics of the so called demo, I'd say you narrow this down and then just speak what you feel. That's the only solution",Allyson advises.

"She's right. I mean, I haven't personally known (y/n) for too long, but she seems like a kind of person to understand how things work and she'd be crazy to turn you down. Have you seen the look in her eyes when your around. I saw it yesterday when you went outside to get her a chair and she just stood in the kitchen not sure what to do with that glisten in her eyes gone, but then you came back and her eyes just sparkled. Is that wierd?",Gracie goes on and on.

"No. I saw it too. A few nights ago when she was in the living room and Awsten was in his room. Besides that she kept talking about your and you, Awsten. She's so smitten over you. You really like her though, huh",Allyson adds.

I speak not a word, turning from my laptop again, giving her a cheesy smile and nod. I really do. I mean, I've had feelings before and they've all been crushed by past relationships, but this time it feels different, like it can't be harmed or has a chance at being harmed. But the one thing that still bothered me, in a good way, is that she seems to not have a problem with what I do, she's accepting of it. My past relationships, that rarely happened. And I loved that.

"Hey, did you see there's a new burger and shake place open up I'm town not far from the mall",Allyson speaks as she and Gracie goes back to sit at the table with their snacks.

That's when the idea pops into my head. I could take her out for shakes, then bring her back for the ball drop on news years Eve, then ask her. It's sounds logical, why not try it.
—————————TWITTER—————————————

Awsten: WHATS GOOD???? I JUST FOUND THIS AMAZING IDEA BURIED IN MY BRAIN AND NONE OF YALL ARE EVER GOING TO BE THIS SMART OR THIS LUCKY. HOPEFULLY ITS ACCEPTED
|
User481: okay we know!!! You're smart talented, rich and cute. Can we please have dates to the UK/EU and Aussie.
Awsten: I MEAN I COULD DROP RIGHT NOW BUT I COULD GET IN TROUBLE. TRY AFTER NEW YEARS.

YOU:THAT MOMENT YOU WANNA TRY AND HAVE FUN, BUT THEN YOU REMEMBER SOME ONE YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT MAY BE GOING THROUGH A SHITTY TIME
|
User801: wow. Stealing from Awsten too. Geez. Just get off Twitter.
User5810: really??!! Your steal upset with her. Everything has been blown over, that's why she came back after two weeks. Could you take your jealous negativity else where. Thank you.
You: thank you user5810. I'm don't have to explain myself but I just got done texting Awsten and for all you know he may have given me permission.
|
Elijahdaniel:come back to L.A. when you can. Kevin misses you. And Sam does too. You're alright
You: I'll try. But I can't stay long.
Awsten:hey don't take my friend.
Elijahdaniel:then come with her, summer
You:he's got a point lol
Awsten: fine. You're both poopoo heads👶
You:that's fine.

Elijahdaniel: two of my friends like eachother and still have yet to actually be together. It's been three months!!!! Just f*ck already. For legal purposes I can not give you a name.
|
You: what if we have😉 jkjk
Elijahdaniel: what if it isn't you. 😤
You: what if it's all in your imagination🤯😵
Elijahdaniel: that'd explain alot. You two really hate eachother.
|
User81040: I bet it's her and Awsten.
User581: you don't know. He didn't say any names.
User81040: geez calm down. I said I bet it is. I didn't say it was fact.
User581:it's gross to think like that.
User81040: says you.
|
Gov Michaela: wow Elijah, well they know you ship them now
Elijahdaniel: well, I mean. You saw them a few months ago, agree or disagree?
Gov Michaela: agree.
|
Awsten: calm down. They do things at there own pace.
Elijahdaniel: they do, but this was just a joke. It's been three months, take it slow or whatever you want