ramble

"I geuss what I. Really asking here is... will you be my girlfriend, like officially?"

I can't help but smile, as he figits with his rings on his fingers, a slight blush in his face as he tries to keep eye contact. I hug him closer, looking into his eyes. I remain speechless for a good minute as I am unsure of what to say. I knew I didn't want to say no, though.

"So, will you?",he presses.

"Oh, Awsten. This is awkward...",I trail off, holding back a smile as his hopeful face pivots into an almost sad one, "I'm sorry"

"Oh. Uh, I understand. Wanna go back-",I stopped him before he got too bummed, unwrapping his arm from around me.

"Awsten, I'm kidding. Ask again. I'll be serious this time, I promise",I admit.

"That's a cruel joke, (y/n/n) (your nick name). Now, I don't know if I should",he  crosses his arm with a child-like pout playing on his lips.

"Awsten, please. I won't do it again".

"(Y/n) would you please officially be my girlfriend?",he asks again, a smile fading onto his

I nod a few times before replying, " yes, Awsten. Yes, I will."

His smile grows bigger and bigger as words fly out of my mouth. I can't help but to feel flutter of butterflies in my stomach as our eyes interlock. How'd I ever get so lucky to have him.

"Hold on. Quick question",I bring up as Awsten hums for me to go ahead, "telephone? It's about me, isn't it?"

"Yeah. It actually is",he confirm, wrapping his arm tighter around my waist.

"Wow. But, how'd you get it on the album so quick? I mean we met two days before the release."

"Oh, it was actually on there before we officially met. That sounds way more creepy than it actually is. I'm January 2018, I saw you in that same target. I didn't remember until like a week after we met, that you were the one I saw that day. I could never ever forget your face. Well, now that we've actually met, I can say so much more. I could never forget your face, your selflessness, which we'll work on because you got to take care of yourself, I'll never forget the way you make me feel as if no bad could ever happen when your with me, I could go on and on and on",he says, a sense of confidence surrounding the air around him.

"Awe, Awsten. You're too nice. Thank you",I squeeze him into a hug, placing a quick kiss to his cheek.

"No, no, no. None of that. I am not too nice. I only speak the truth, sometimes it's nice and sometimes it hurts. In this case it's nice. I'll never hurt you",he says it as if his life depended on it.

What I can only assume is an hour later, I find myself still cuddled up next to Awsten as he looks down to meet my gaze. I can only geuss he felt the coldness of my body from the concerned look he gives.

"You cold?"

I shake my head, not wanting to inconvenience him. I avoid eye contact, or try to at least, as he keeps fighting for it, I soon give in.

"Be honest. It's really no problem to give you my jacket",he offers.

I wasn't going to argue against it completely. It was my favorite jacket of his by a close second. The odd white shapes with the black as the background made a great contrast for the bottom half of the jacket, which was black shapes against a white background.

"A little, actually. But I don't want you to get cold."

"Here",he says, unzipping the front of the jacket and pulling it off, to offer me, "take it. I'm not going to ruin this on the first day as your boyfriend",he smiles.

"Boyfriend",I echo, "I like the sound of that."

"Me too",he smiles.

It didn't take long for me to realize that he had a black long sleeve shirt under a green t-shirt with a happy face on the front. Something about this just feels right. Me in my favorite human's arms, drifting off into a warm peaceful sleep in his jacket. It's the start of something new, in a way. How can we come this far in such short time? In a way it felt like it was such a short time, in reality. But, whenever I am with Awsten it felt like a whole eternity in the best way. Either way, I wouldn't change it for the world.

As sleep takes over my eyes, I can't help but to smile. It seems to never go away. After all this, my mind wonders back to the court date I have in nearly two weeks, which leads me to think where Awsten and I will be in two weeks. He'd probably be back in L.A., while I am here in Houston. We made our friendship lasts over long distance for a few weeks, can making our relationship official change that? Speaking of the court date, what will happen to us after I adopt Mia? I try not think about those things since it hasn't even been a full day of us being official and let sleep take over my body. It was easy considering I was in Awsten's arms and the warmth from that and his jacket around made it all the more comforting.