Houston Christmas

Today we are in Houston. Both mine and Awsten's home town. It's odd because we've never bumped into eachother until we lived in L.A. Currently, I'm at side stage, watching them play Easy to Hate. They've been on stage for about twenty minutes now. It's been a good set list, but Awsten's gone on a tangent about something that had happened to him when he was younger. His exact words before telling the story were, "well, you guys are going to read it anyway, it's in my book", then proceeded to tell. It originated from a fan's question, that I didn't hear all that great. After that, they had spent a few more half hour periods performing then the rest of the set made conversation with the fans.

It was good to see them connect with the fans. After saying goodnight to the crowd, they all walked off stage. As Otto and Geoff pass by me, they offer me a smile, however, Awsten stops a few steps away from me. I wrap him in a hug for a quick second, not caring too much about how sweaty he was.

"I'm so sweaty and you wanna hug me?",he questions.

I nod, "yeah. I don't care about sweat. There is a reason showers were invented",I giggle.

Awsten giggles and shake his slowly as he puts his guitar in its place, "damn. That's too cute", he muses. Not much happen after that, except going back to the bus to get our stuff and go to our homes for the night.

I wake up to a sliver of light spring from the curtains of my room. It could be the fact that for the past few weeks, I've been on tour with my new friends, or could be because it feels foreign compared to being pressed up against Awsten cuddling me to sleep in his bunk. Either way, I know I have to urge myself to get out of bed. My feet meet the floor and a yawn escapes my mouth as I realize it's Christmas. No later did Bryce and Miranda come stampeding into my room, giving me no time to stand up.

"Do you know what today is?",Miranda asks, an excited smile obviously present on her face.

"Mmhm",I hum, "it's Christmas",I respond.

"Yeah and you got to see what I got you", she continues.

Bryce takes my hand and pulls me to the living room, where the whole family, except for Vicky. To my assumption, she's still asleep, but I am proven wrong when I see her walk in through the door, her coat covered in snow and a grocery bag in her hand.

"It's so cold out there. the one time Houston is anything besides hot, it has to snow. that not fair", she shivers. 

"watcha get?",I ask her.

"just some stuff for dessert mom forgot."

After breakfast, dad was helping mom in the kitchen to clean and prepare food for  dinner,  while we "kids" make conversation in the living room,mostly thanking eachother for the gifts and what we are planning for the new year.

It didn't take long til after dinner, which is when I headed out to Awsten's parents. He had sent me the address, I just had to follow the directions. Once I got to his parents house, he had a light hoodie over his outfit while being leaned up against a car in the drive way of the house. I parked my car behind the one as he walked up to the window.

"Hey gorgeous. How's your been going?",he asks after I opened the car door.

"Good. I just wish Mia was here with us instead of God knows what or where. How has yours been?"

"Good. Better now that your here",he smiles, taking my hand, "come here. Come meet my folks."

No other words had ever left me with a bigger pit of nervousness in my stomach. However, despite the pit, I continued to follow. After being lead through a crowded living room, an older like couple is in front of us, a smile on both faces, as well as mine.

"(Y/n), these are my parents. Mom, dad, this is (y/n)",Awsten introduces.

"Oh hi. So your the one Awsten can't shut up about", his mother grins.

"Now, now. Don't embarrass the boy",his dad's deep voice spoke.

"It's really so nice to meet you. Awsten really doesn't shut up about how excited he was for us to meet", I glance over at Awsten, who is grinning from ear to ear, his cheeks going red.

"Well, there is some homemade chocolate pie over on the counter or if you prefer something else, we got plenty of other deserts on the kitchen table. We already ate",his mother offers.

"Thank you",I say as I manage to find my way to the pie, Awsten close behind.

"Hey, you sort of missed the gift opening and everything, since you did come after everything, but I got you a gift",he mentions as I aspoon the pie on to a paper party plate.

"Awsten, you really didn't really need to do that",I plead, now spooning a bite of the chocolate filling into my mouth.

"I didn't have to, but I did", he smirks, pointing knowingly at me.

"Okay, so what did you get me?",I ask.

"You'll have to wait to find out."

"Okay, but I didn't get you anything",I say quietly, instantly feeling bad for not getting him more than what I got him: more picks for his many guitars, a strap.

"It's fine. If all goes to plan, you won't have to. You is enough gift for me",he winks.

After eating the pie, mostly everyone left the house and it only left Awsten, his parents, and his sister, that I know of. He lead me to his room, where he sat me in his bed while he dug around in his suitcase for my gift.

"Here. Merry Christmas."

I open the small square box to reveal the silver, saphire ring I had seen in Walmart. I can't believe what my eye behold.

"Awsten you didn't have to get me this. You really didn't",I plead.

"Yes I did. You loved it when you saw, so while you were snatching gifts, I bought it. I'm shocked actually you didn't see it in the bag I was carrying",he lets out a slight laugh, "oh. Also, I've been wanting to ask you something."

As he finishes his words, a rather shorter girl walks out of his bathroom, soaked dirty blonde hair, fall out boy tee shirt with a part I ripped jeans.

"Oh shit. I forgot she was still here. Uhm, (y/n) this is Allison", he rubs the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Wait, I'm Allyson? I thought that was the green haired wierdo on the bed",she giggle sarcastically.

"What no. It's you",he taunts back, "anyways, she's my cousin who gonna stay the night over here for the next few days".

"Oh, thanks Awsten for letting me use your shower. Gracie was in her bathroom for the longest time",she breathes.

"Hi. I'm (y(n). I'm-",she cuts me off.

"Awsten little girly friend. I know. He doesn't shut up about how perfect and pretty and sweet you are",she almost mimics in a mocking tone.

"Go away!",he laughs.

"Oh. Sorry guys. I'll leave you to it."

Once she leaves the room, a settling silence overtakes the room.

"Oh, wait. What were you going to ask me?",I ask.

He shakes his head as if it wasn't important, "nevermind. That just kinda ruined the mood. How do you like your gift?"

"I love it. Thank you Awsten",I hug him,"but now I feel bad. I didn't you anything close to this value."

"What did ya get me?"

"I left it at the house. I'll give it to you next time I remember to bring it"

The rest of the afternoon consisted of his parents, sister and I making conversation, with the occasional words from Awsten about the current story they were telling about him as a kid.

____________________________

Sorry to keep putting these here, but credit for the character Allyson goes to ur_mum_a_homosexual. I hope I do a good job depicting the character, but at the moment it's really late where I live so it may seem a bit lousy, but the next chapter will be better.

Stay tuned for more please.