surprise!!

Awsten's POV      

Finally, it was my last day in L. A. after about two weeks. It's bittersweet. This is where my place is, yet I don't care unless I'm close to (y/n) considering the timing that I had to leave. Currently, I'm sitting on my couch, listening to Geoff's and Otto's conversation, looking at flights home in hopes I'll be able to catch the earliest. They had been at mine for half the week, since they gave up on going from hotel to hotel.

"Awsten, tell this trash can player that I'd beat him anyday, anytime, anywhere",Otto smiles, looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"Sorry, I can't tell lies",I sigh.

"Ha! I'll beat you for sure", Geoff half yells to Otto, getting his Nintendo switch from his bag.

"Seriously, Awsten you take his side?",Otto acts annoyed.

"Well, sorry there is video proof of him winning and what would it say about me to be on the side of a complete loser", I glance up at him from my screen.

"Oh okay", he rolls his eyes, "what're you lookin' at on there anyways?"

"Flights back to Houston",I say blankly.

"What for?",Geoff chimes in.

"Oh, no reason... Just thought id hang out for a bit",I say,not really lying, just leaving out a part.

"Mmhm",Otto rolls his eyes once more.

"Could this have something to do with a certain girl?",Geoff winks.

"And what if it was?"

"Dude, you really like her, don't cha?",Otto looks between Geoff and I.

"Yeah",I felt a heat rise onto my cheeks.

They went back to their Mario game on the switch as I booked the first flight to Houston for in the early morning. It will be at around four when I have to wake up to make it out on time. It really put my mind at ease. It had not been my favorite thing in the world to make things official ant then leave a few days later. Knowing I am going to be reunited with her, made me excited to go back. Seeing my family is also a plus.

A few hours had passed of me spectating their game and they carelessly playing the actual game. We had ordered take out, which has yet to be finished. I watch as Otto's character falls off the platform for the round they had chose Mario Kart. Geoff, playing as his Mii, had been in first place for half the round. It is certain Otto would lose. Geoff lets out a shout of excitement as Otto groans. Geoff had indeed won.

"Aw, did Otto lose... again?",Geoff taunts.

"Be nice Geoff, it's not his fault he can't drive straight",I mock.

"It's not as easy as it looks, Awsten",he defends.

"Really? The way it looks, it's not that easy to lose to you",I laugh, Geoff joining in.

"How'd looking at flights go?",Geoff asks.

"Got a flight tomorrow morning and I got to be up before the sun. It's gonna suck, but also it won't."

"But, if we're staying here, you'll be leaving before we wake up?",Otto questions.

"Yeah, I know. Be nice to my precious apartment. It better not be burnt down when I get back here. I'm trusting Geoff to look after you, though. Everything should be fine.

The next morning, my eyes shoot open as my alarm starts going off. I groggily get up to change into some track pants and a loose shirt. Trying to make myself look somewhat presentable, I wash my face and fix my messy green hair. I take my suitcase of extra clothes and head out the door, giving me forty minutes to get to the airport. It usually takes me close to thirty, so I'd be early, thankfully.

The flight takes up most of the day until the afternoon, which I am fine with as I didn't have much else planned for the day, except for surprising (y/n). After the landing, I make my way back to my parent's place, letting them know before hand. At their place, I find Allyson still asleep on the couch, or maybe she had just fallen asleep.

"Bubba!",Gracie yells as she runs to hug me.

I hug back, "bubba?"

"Meh, felt appropriate",she laughs, "how was L. A.?"

"Same as always, except Geoff and Otto were there. And we got some amazing tour designs and everything. It's all about a week away and I thought I would spend it here with you guys"

"Ugh, you're back",Allyson says as she sits up on the couch.

"Yeah. I am. Deal with it",I tell her jokingly.

"You're a nut",she giggles.

"Hey, do you guys no where (y/n) is?"

"Uh, she texted me earlier but it wasn't particular about where she was",Allyson mentions, Gracie nodding along.

"Don't tell her I asked. I'm gonna surprise her."

"Ooh. Someone has a crush",Gracie taunts.

"It's a little more than that", I tell them.

"Love?",Allyson asks.

"Uh, it's a little early to say that out loud, isn't it",I nervous laughs for a second.

"Meh,there's no actual timeline. It's all just a gimmick of society to make people think there is",Allyson chimes, tucking her dirty blonde hair behind her ear.

"I'm gonna text her",I say aloud to no specific; it was more so I didn't lose my mind, wondering where she is and if she is okay.

"Have fun",Allyson gets up from the couch and heading intk the kitchen, assumably for food.

I sent the text, waiting for a reply. It took until the sun started sinking. There was no point in surprising her this time of day, or technically night. I'll do it tomorrow, when she is less busy or something. She doesn't have to know I'm here yet, it's probably better to get some sleep beforehand. What could she be doing? Is she okay? I didn't know. I had texted her yesterday and she seemed fine, but she didn't mention anything about being busy then. Could something have changed? Thoughts rush through my head the longer it takes for her to reply.