wait it out

Awsten's pov

I pull my laptop out from its place and place it on my bed, me hopping on next to it. I open the lid and situate myself so I'm facing the laptop, but laying on my stomach. I go to the video call/FaceTime and click on Jawn's face. It rang a couple times before he answered.

"Hey Jawn", I smile, as if this is a casual everyday thing, sort of is.

"Hey. What's up?",he asks, "I was just about to live stream."

"Oh, sorry. Anyways, you know I wrote telephone about target girl, and you know I've talked about her a lot and we're friends now. So let me catch you up."

"Am I gonna have to postpone my livestream for this?",he laughs slightly.

"Meh, up to you. But anyways, dude, I seriously can't deal. I want her, but I can't have her. You know Kellen right?",I ask as I balance my head on my hand.

"Yeah, a little, why?"

"He likes her, he just don't have the balls to ask her out. But he refuses to let me ask her out, and honestly, I don't blame him. I'm hardly ever home because your, and when I am, I'm working or doing something. Let's face she doesn't deserve me. I'm a rat. She deserves diamonds and- and puppies, Kellen give her those things, metaphorically. I- well, I just can't. It wouldn't be fair to her. He did ask her out actually. But you know what I mean"

"Awsten, sounds like you need to talk to her-"

"Is that Awsten? Let me say hi.",Travis's voice echoes through the lap top speakers.

"Hey! Tracie",I exclaim.

"Hey. What's going on?"

"Just calling my friends because I've known them for a good while and thought they could help me.",I smile, checking the buzz that just came from my phone.

"Oh, hey Geoff and family are here too",Travis's voice speaks, "they just walked through the door.

"Hey, Geoff come here", Jawn motions over to Geoff, "oh, but Awsten seriously talk to her."

"Guys, I don't know. She leaves to go back to her place in like exactly 21 hours and sixteen minutes. Not that I'd know, she told me to set an alarm on my phone or timer what ever. Oh, guys I don't know how much longer I can stay on here, she's fixing to walk in the door."

"Well, bring her in here. I want to meet her",Geoff speaks.

"Of course you do, you just want to see the baby that fed me blueberries that I tweeted about not long ago.",I laugh.

"Well, duh. Speaking of babies, I'll be right back. Mine needs some assistance.",Geoff walks away from the screen.

"Jawn, I really thought you were gonna live stream.",I mention.

"Me too, buddy,me too."

We all laughed out unique laughs and a knock rattled at my door.

"I'll be back.",I excuse myself and answer the door, "hey, uh, everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything is fine. Kinda freaking out. Is it okay if Mia spends the night, you know in case it's too late to come get her?"

"Yeah, of course."

"I got to go. I'm going to be late.",she says, backing away from the door, "bye Awsten and thank you, I'll pay you when I pick her up"

"No need to pay. See ya.",I say, shutting the door, picking Mia up and placing her on my hip, "hey, you wanna go meet my wacko friends."

She nods her head, so I carry her to my room and sit on my bed, I taking a seat beside her, moving my laptop so it's in my lap.

"Hey guys I'm back."

"Where's the baby?",Jawn ask.

"Wait? My baby? Rory is-",Chloe says, realizing Rory wasn't the only baby I the chat anymore.

I turn my laptop to Mia, showing her the computer screen so the idiots on it could see her.

"Guys, this is Mia, Mia that's Travis, that with red hair is Jawn, that's Geoff and Chloe, and the baby on Geoff's hip I Rory.",I inform her, pointing to each individual, "they are not scary, they good guys"

She smiled, the biggest smile I've seen from her since she and I have met. The guys all said their hellos and awes. We talked a little longer then, hung up so, as Jawn put it, "get these random people out of my house and livestream".

"Okay, but I still need to talk to one of you. Who ever has the best advice. See ya",I turn off my laptop.

(Y/n) pov (after saying bye to Awsten)

Walking away from the door felt like a I was wrestling with somesort of invisible bear. He's so sweet and caring, he doesn't like hurting anyone's feelings, regardless his own. He seems different than most. For real, no one even has the confidence to dye their hair crazy colors anymore, only select few, and he was one of them. Is this really going to be how it ends with me and him? I look back at the door, wanting to swing it open and walk right up to him and tell him I really want to be with him and kiss him, but we all know life isn't an actual fairytale fanfiction. I am already late for this lame date.

I don't mind being friends with Kellen. I don't mind being in public with Kellen. I don't mind him being funny, supportive, and genuinely a good guy, but something just draws me toward Awsten.

As a matter of fact that's the only things i think on my way to the small cafe across the street. I have never been so confused. Awsten, may not even like me back. He probably is ready to go tour and forget I exist. Kellen, I know him, but in the only way I want and am willing to know him.

"Hey",Kellen greets.