Chapter II

In a certain cave where a stone person was sheltered in, the dripping of the bat's fluid was heard dripping little by little in the statue.

The stone near his eyes cracked and fell, making him see every bits of something. Then, the stone that once covered his whole body fell off and cracked open as he stood up, yelling, "Woah! I broke out!" He exclaimed, delighted that he broke out from the petrification. "I broke free! Finally!" He looked down on his hand and saw a stone fragment which he was once engulfed with.

He went outside and saw many people who was turned into stone be it broken down to pieces, or a whole. "I see. So it did happen to everyone." He mumbled, realizing that certain fact. "I hope (y/n)'s alright." He looked up at the huge mountain of stone and said. "Just how much time has gone by?"

He walked around and picked up a person's broken down body and pieced them back together and prayed. "I'm sorry, this is all I can do for you right now." He mumbled remorsefully.

He went to follow the river. He drank the water, went to get clothes, and reminiscing the past, thinking about the girl he loves in that one camphor tree and when he saw that, his eyes widened, his mouth was agape. He saw the girl holding onto the tree he told her to hold on to.

She was still as beautiful as the past. She never changed. Her limbs were still intact with little to no cracks on her body. The roots and vines were surrounding her petrified body, making her look like an ethereal statue of stone blessed by the gods.

"Yuzuriha . . ." He mumbled as he walked towards the tree. "I'd never forget you, even after thousands of years. You've been alive all this time."

The tree got larger and became gigantic, enclosing the girl with branches and vines, keeping her safe from everything that happened in the past thousand years. She was still oh so very beautiful.

"Good job, staying alive!" The male cheered at the stone statue. "Well done camphor tree!" He exclaimed, cheering on to the tree that saved the female's life. "The whole time you've kept Yuzuriha from washing away and breaking apart!" He sat down and thought about everything. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." He told the girl even though she can't hear it. "Actually, you were the protecting me, Yuzuriha. It's because of you that I was now to stay alive all this time." He said, reminding him of what he had gone through during that time he was turned into stone, bowing his head. "Alone in that hopeless darkness, for hundreds . . . Thousands of years . . ." He looked up at her and said. "Alright, I can finally say it. Let me finish what I was about to say that day."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.   
"The rest of what I was saying on that day, so long ago . . ."

"I've loved you . . . For hundreds . . . Thousands of years . . ."

He stood up, and climbed the tree, slamming his hand as he reached the petrified female. "I'm going to save you, Yuzuriha." He declared. "I have no idea how yet, but I will—" He cut himself off when he saw the Kanji and Katakana written behind the female called Yuzuriha.  '
乾くバレデカブツ '  that's what it said.  'follow the river downstream, big oaf.' Only one person would call him that.

Then, he did what the carved characters had told him to do as he followed the river downstream, running like there's no tomorrow. He trusted the person who wrote the messege, knowing who it was, and hopefully, hundreds of thousands of years ago, he was hoping the younger Oki was there, too, since she was with the person before the petrification happened.

As he did that, he stopped for a while as he saw his childhood friend, the mini Einstein, Ishigami Senku.

"So you're finally awake, you big oaf." He smirked, as if he was the one who depetrify him. Then, he smiled. (More like smirked).

Taiju almost cried tears of joy. "Uwaaaahh!!" The boy yelled. "You're alive, Senku?!" He jumped at him for a hug.

"Don't hug me when you're buck naked!" The boy, Senku, exclaimed, pressing his foot unto the poor boy's face, preventing him to hug him. "I'll kill you!"

He went down off of the tree branch and sighed as he caressed his nape. "Today is October fifth, fifty seven, thirty eight." He said as he looked at Taiju. "You slept in for a hell of a long time. I've been up and working for over six months already."

"So it's been . . ." Taiju said, trying to count the time they were petrified.

"A good three thousand seven hundred years." The ruby eyed male continued.

"How can you tell exactly what day it is?"

"Huh? I just counted." He said like it's no big deal. "How else would I know?"

Taiju just looked surprised as they continued their way around the forest.

====================

"Alright we're here." Senku said, holding his share of fire wood he collected. "Time to stop blabbering and get to work."

Taiju walked beside Senku and saw what he had done for the past six months. "Senku . . ." He called. "Did you . . . Did you build this from scratch?" He asked, surprised of what Senku did.

A large treehouse residing on a dead tree. Under it was large pots of materials needed on this experiment to depetrify the petrified people in the world.

Senku walked towards the shade of the treehouse. "I don't have enough manpower. Just producing the bare minimum to keep myself alive takes all day. You're sister helps, too."

Realizing what Senku had just said, he thought with a little bit of glimmer in his eyes.  'My sister?' 

"In order to rebuild civilization, I need a big muscle-bound meathead." Senku continued as he climbed up the treehouse. "I've been waiting for you this whole time, Taiju." He paused for a moment and regained his composure. "I was ten billion percent certain you were—"

"Onii-Chan?" Senku got cut off as a certain (h/c) haired female asked, poking her head outside to see. When she saw her brother, she immediately ran off to give him a hug. "Onii-Chan!"

"Hey! Careful!" Senku called out, warning the said female. But Taiju caught her in the nick of time. Of course, he wouldn't let his little sister get hurt. It's the duty of a big brother.

"(Y/n)!"

"What took you so long to wake up?!" She exclaimed, hugging her big brother, bawling her eyes out.

"Sorry to break the reunion but . . ." Senku called, catching the siblings' attention. "We need to get to work." He said, pointing his thumb up behind his shoulder.

==========================

Humanity spent two million years getting from the stone age to the modern age. The three high school kids, sprinting up all the way back to the top.

They'll be taking the world back and figure out the science behind the petrification and our revival.

"The three of us high school kids, are gonna be the Adam and Eve of this stone world."

This is exhilarating