Chapter XXIX

3rd person's perspective

"Thanks." Senku said, looking at Ruri. "Everything finally makes sense now. If everyone on the planet was petrified, who first made this village? Why do you and Kohaku clearly have foreign blood in you?" He smirked. "All the mysteries are solved." He said.

Kohaku and Chrome let out an audible gasp.

"Sorry, none of it makes sense to me." Kohaku said.

"Yeah. How does Senku happen to have the same name as the village?" Chrome muttered, putting a hand under his chin. "Wait, Ruri, you knew about Senku?"

Senku let out a chuckle. "I probably came up in your priestess mythology, didn't I?" 

"Yes." That made everyone's eyes widen.

"Ehh?!" (Y/n) exclaimed.

"Mythology?" Chrome asked. "You mean like Momotaro with the gorilla and all that?"

"No wonder you people know about folk tales and giant animals you've never seen before." Senku exclaimed. 

"But still." (Y/n) said, crossing her arms. "I'm really offended as the self-proclaimed master of Japanese literature." 

"Yeah, Ruri-Nee taught us about all kinds of things." Kohaku said. "The stories the priestess uses to pass down knowledge to the next generation, The hundred tales." 

"The story my mother told me was very powerful, and very kind." She started. "The hundredth story of the hundred tales. The title is 'Ishigami Senku and the two siblings.'"

When she said that, (Y/n)'s eyes blinked a few times before she processed what she said. 'Ehhhhh?!'

Then, Ruri started telling them the story.

..................... Storytime! .........................

A young boy with ruby eyes and white hair with green tips stared at the full moon intently. "Why do you keep following me, Moon?" He asked as if the moon is going to give him an answer. He looked away, whistling, walking away from the moon. Then, he jumped back, looking if the moon is still following him. When he still saw the moon in its place, He clicked his tongue. "Even if I juke it really hard, it follows me ten billion percent of the time."

"Ever since he was very young, the boy, Senku, showed interest in anything strange."

Senku's father, Byakuya, laughed. "Maybe it has a crush on you, Senku." He exclaimed.

Senku gave him a look, knowing full well that his father was joking. "I don't need that crap right now." He said. "I'm talking serious science." 

'What kind of preschooler are you?' His father asked himself and laughed it off a little. "The reason the moon looks like it's following you because it's super-duper far away." He said, looking at the full moon. He cried crocodile tears. "It's especially far away for me since I failed the astronaut exam." He muttered.

"I don't care about your wistful poetry right now, either." The young boy said.

"My legs cramped up in the middle of the clothed swimming exam." Byakuya started. "I was never a good swimmer to begin with. That was rough." He sighed.

The two went near the swings and Senku sat on it. "When's the next time they'll be recruiting astronauts?"

"Who knows?" Byakuya shrugged. "It's something like once per decade." He said.

"And on the other side of Japan, there were two siblings. the older one was Oki Taiju, and the younger one is named Oki (Y/n)."

............... Pause .............